Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, db108108 said:

I have my interview today at the Columbus Ohio field office. I was recommended for approval!

Very relaxed atmosphere at this office, and the officer interviewing me was wonderful. I had actually met her before when I went in for a stamp a few years ago. The total interview time was about 15 minutes, and that included a significant amount of small talk.

Columbus does not do same day oaths, and she said that they are pretty backed up right now because of COVID. She said that I may have to wait a few months before taking the oath.

Congrats!

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

On 1/25/2021 at 5:31 PM, Geresh28 said:

Just todays update when I check my Uscis account...it posted my biometrics reused one more step to go,to my Sept. fillers 2020,wish you hear some good news too...just keep the faith hopefully we all get there 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

For people that are checking their USCIS account and seeing new notifications, can you confirm if you see information faster/sooner than when you sign up for e-mail notification or check the status at this link?  https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do  

Wondering if I need to check my account or if the e-mail notification and/or the case status is as current.

Thanks

8 hours ago, NorthSouth said:

For people that are checking their USCIS account and seeing new notifications, can you confirm if you see information faster/sooner than when you sign up for e-mail notification or check the status at this link?  https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do  

Wondering if I need to check my account or if the e-mail notification and/or the case status is as current.

Thanks

Sometimes, they just post the documents like bio reuse, under the document tab in the profile and the status doesn't change necessarily as shown by above link. So better to check your account more often, if you want get surprised.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good evening! 

Our case updated just a few hours ago and the interview was scheduled. The documents tab still doesn’t show a copy yet so I’ll be checking even more so the next few days for the date. Husband is nervous but started studying a week ago so we are glad to be at the home stretch. 

Filed: September 18th, 2020 in Phoenix 

Bio reuse letter: December 10th, 2020

Interview scheduled:  January 27th, 2021 

Interview date: waiting on letter 

ROC Timeline
Service Center: California
90 Day Window Opened....06/22/17
I-751 Packet Sent..............08/24/17
NOA1 Dated.......................08/28/17
NOA1 Received..................09/02/17
Check Cashed....................09/06/17
Biometrics Received..........09/15/17
Biometrics Appointment.....09/27/17
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

Hi All,

I have been silently following this forum. I find comfort in reading your stories and that we are not alone. 

To give you all the status of my case:

Office - Newark

Filling - Sept 18th 2020. 

Biometrics - Waiting

Unfortunately, I have not heard anything back other then a accepted notice. I reached out to USCIS about my biometrics, but they mentioned that due to COVID everything is very slow. Also have a pending case inquiry but this will most likely be the same answer. It's extremely frustrating it takes so long, I can't wait for this to be over. To everyone moving along more power to you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Office: Omaha

Filling: Sept 18th 2020

Biometrics: Waiting 

I know how you feel. I’m in the same situation too. I have called several times and even received a call back from  tier 2 officer but nothing has changed. Got this email yesterday:

We are pleased we could assist you with your USCIS online filing system inquiry today via telephone. As discussed in our conversation,

Your case is awaiting the required biometrics submittal, and is currently in suspense until you complete this process. Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local Application Support Center (ASC). Biometrics appointments are scheduled as slots become available at the ASC. Once you have been scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an ASC Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at your local ASC. You must take the ASC Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment. 

Once you have been scheduled, you may view and print a copy of your USCIS ASC Appointment Notice within your USCIS online filing system account. After you log in to your USCIS online filing system account, access the Home Tab to find the "Documents" field to view or print your official appointment notice from USCIS.

All we can do is wait. Hopefully we will be remembered.

Thank you for your response.

I am not expecting anything to come out of the case inquiry. Currently heading toward month 5 of absolutely nothing. Indeed all we can do is wait unfortunately.

Hopefully we will all be blessed with our cases moving forward quickly soon!

Reply to BMC1 I filled Sept. 30 ,2020 and field office is Raleigh,NC estimated completion supposed to be March and it changed to July 2021 but when I checked that stated the reused my bio the date was changed go back to March 2021 idk what will happens with all the date changes...hopefully it will be soon rather than taking longer as what the status says 

Edited by Geresh28

6 hours ago, Dutchster said:

And that's a wrap on everything. :) I had my citizenship interview yesterday morning at 11:00 am in Nashville. Very relaxed interview as well, which was helpful for the nerves. There were soooo many yes and no questions for the first part of the interview. After that, we went onto the civics part and this is where it becomes a huge blur because it went so fast all of the sudden. I remember being asked who our current President is and what Benjamin Franklin is known for, what is one of the four amendments about who can vote, what was one important thing Abraham Lincoln and the rest I legit don't remember, but she stopped after question 6 as you already passed at that point. Then I had to say, "We celebrate Thanksgiving in November" and write on the iPad,  "Thanksgiving is in November". Quickly afterwards, I signed a couple of documents on the tablet and had to make sure everything on my certificate will be correct. She then did the Pledge of Allegiance with me, and I received my certificate a half an hour later! Phew,  no more immigration! 

Good luck to everyone who is still awaiting their interview or will go soon. It's really not terrible and nerve wrecking (I can say 9/10 on the Secret deodorant for keeping me dry) and I don't recommend spilling coffee on your pants 5 minutes before you go into the building either hehe.  

Congrats!

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

I started following this since I am helping someone with Naturalization application. We submitted his N-400 on-line on September  21, 2020. No movement since aside from initial notice of action. Anyone else in the same situation?

Edited by discoverusa

4/12/13 - sent I-485 package

4/15/13 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received package

4/22/13 - got email and txt

4/29/13 - received NOA in mail

5/08/13 - received biometrics appointment for 5/22

5/09/13 - successful early walk in at Port Chester, NY office

5/22/13 - I-485 updated to Testing & Interview

6/18/13 - EAD went to production

6/21/13 - Card/Document Production for EAD - second email

6/24/13 - EAD mailed

6/26/13 - EAD arrived

7/18/13 - got email about interview

7/20/13 - got hard copy interview letter

08/23/13 - interview - Approved dancin5hr.gif(card production & decision email)

08/28/13 - card production - second email

08/29/13 - card mailed

09/03/13 - card arrived

*********************************************************************************

05/27/2016 - N-400 mailed

06/02/2016 - NOA date

06/24/2016 - biometrics appointment

11/28/2016 - interview scheduled for January 9th, 2017

01/09/2017 - interview passed

01/20/2017 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got this notification yesterday..

On February 1, 2021, we scheduled you for a biometrics appointment and sent you an appointment notice for Receipt Numberxxxxxxxxxxx. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your appointment notice by March 3, 2021, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-requestto request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

waiting for the letter in the mail.

5 hours ago, judefabulous said:

On February 1, 2021, we scheduled you for a biometrics appointment and sent you an appointment notice for Receipt Numberxxxxxxxxxxx. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your appointment notice by March 3, 2021, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-requestto request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

Congratulations, finally some movement! Unfortunately nothing for me yet, I can’t believe it takes so long to do anything.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, judefabulous said:

I Think those who get to go in for biometrics move faster than we d biometrics reuse group. It will b nice to see some movement 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.