dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview October 2020

258 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
34 minutes ago, JenIE said:

Looking at @mallasharas profile and other questions asked, it seems that the husband is a US citizen and the child has already been issued a US passport. This means that they won't be immigrating with you (because US Citizens don't immigrate, they merely just come back home to their country of citizenship) and so they do not need to attend the interview. It seems that the NVC email contains the people who are listed on any of the forms you filled out -- I am also on the email as the petitioner for the interview but will also not be attending because I'm not immigrating.

Thank you for this detailed explanation!

My husband is currently in Amman with family during Covid-19. Just a thought.. does anyone know how long it takes to request for a case to be moved from Abu Dhabi to Amman? Would it be even allowed if he's just in Amman for a few weeks / month as he works remote? 

I see that the Amman office is open and processing so many visas compared to Abu Dhabi, just wondering if we could switch.

CR1/IR1 Amman = 83 visa issuances in Aug

CR1/IR1 Abu Dhabi = 24 visa issuance in Aug

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
9 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

Wow, Dublin only processed ONE Visa last month, despite claiming they resumed processing at the end of July! Makes me even more grateful that we got an interview for next month!

5 minutes ago, JenIE said:

Wow, Dublin only processed ONE Visa last month, despite claiming they resumed processing at the end of July! Makes me even more grateful that we got an interview for next month!

The monthly issuance PDF is when the visas were given, so it may not correlate with interviews being scheduled and conducted, since some interviews go into AP ... but it's the best tool we have to gauge thus far! 

Congrats on your interview!! You must be so excited and relieved to be moving forward.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

The monthly issuance PDF is when the visas were given, so it may not correlate with interviews being scheduled and conducted, since some interviews go into AP ... but it's the best tool we have to gauge thus far! 

Congrats on your interview!! You must be so excited and relieved to be moving forward.

Oh that's a good point! It's the best insight we have, but hopefully it's not accounting for the lag between interviews and the Visa issuance. Next month's statistics will tell I suppose!

And thank you! After months of not seeing any movement it's hard to believe we might be at the end in just a few weeks!

I hope you get your interview soon as well!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, TamMhmd said:

Thanks for the link, I am devastated seeing that Algiers embassy has issued only 1 CR1 and 1 IR1 😞 

we’ve been waiting for so long,

I pray for everyone to be reunited with their beloved ones.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, IsItLekker said:

Hi guys! I realize I forgot to update the group. We had our status changed to issued on September 22 and we received the visa on September 25th at the local DHL. We have paid our immigrant fee already and have a flight booked on Oct 3rd. Hopefully, since the borders are opening on Oct 1st, hubby will be able to finally be here. :)

Thanks for updating us! I'm so happy to see that your journey is coming to an end and I hope that the borders open on schedule and that your husband will finally be able to be with you. Congratulations!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

First time posting here , our story is DQ on june 2nd , expedite approved on September 16th, it says in transit on tracker, but on ceac is says  at "Ankara Embassy" , still haven't received a date yet . Starting to get nervous , any one has any idea how long should I expect to get a date ?

No luck getting answer from the embassy , tried email and phone. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
11 hours ago, Caseyxf said:

First time posting here , our story is DQ on june 2nd , expedite approved on September 16th, it says in transit on tracker, but on ceac is says  at "Ankara Embassy" , still haven't received a date yet . Starting to get nervous , any one has any idea how long should I expect to get a date ?

No luck getting answer from the embassy , tried email and phone. 

We have pretty similar timelines with an expedite also. Mine has said "in transit" since Sept 4th but on ceac says "at Ankara" too. Still waiting for an interview date. We've tried calling the embassy and NVC but couldn't get any information. I don't know how long it will take to get a date but just wanted to say that you aren't alone and we are in the same situation! Waiting, waiting, waiting. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
25 minutes ago, bhrhnil07 said:

We have pretty similar timelines with an expedite also. Mine has said "in transit" since Sept 4th but on ceac says "at Ankara" too. Still waiting for an interview date. We've tried calling the embassy and NVC but couldn't get any information. I don't know how long it will take to get a date but just wanted to say that you aren't alone and we are in the same situation! Waiting, waiting, waiting. 

Sorry to hear , we keep saying we are at the end but seems like there is a new obstacle at every step, please update here if there is any development, i will do as well 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, bhrhnil07 said:

Where can I see my status (in transit, etc.)? Is it in ceac somewhere?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
7 minutes ago, bhrhnil07 said:

Go to ceac.state.gov and click on "check my visa application status" and it will show you your status.

I don't see that option :unsure: -edit, just found it! Thanks!

Edited by Fitz1130

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.