Kedar

I-751 September 2020 Filers

1,310 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, NatalieP136 said:

thank you. And what is the new filing fee ? $760 or $790?

How about you get everything ready - if you have paper work already scanned and kept with you, just print them out, get it ready. If nothing get most of it printed with the necessary forms. Perhaps you can send it in again now itself (anticipating your bank is stubborn and will deny again and USCIS will return it). That way you have your second paperwork already in mail and post marked before Oct 2, so you will be charged the earlier fees.

This is an idea which I think should work - but consult with others in the forum too.  If USCIS does manage to get the fees from the bank, then your second application will be send back or not taken. I dont think it will affect the first accepted application. You could put a cover letter on the second saying that you are submitting again as the fees for the first was rejected.

Again I am not sure if this works, so collective wisdom of the group will help. But this could save some money for you. The new fees are atleast $100 or more than the current one. 

52 minutes ago, Alexmat1 said:

How about you get everything ready - if you have paper work already scanned and kept with you, just print them out, get it ready. If nothing get most of it printed with the necessary forms. Perhaps you can send it in again now itself (anticipating your bank is stubborn and will deny again and USCIS will return it). That way you have your second paperwork already in mail and post marked before Oct 2, so you will be charged the earlier fees.

This is an idea which I think should work - but consult with others in the forum too.  If USCIS does manage to get the fees from the bank, then your second application will be send back or not taken. I dont think it will affect the first accepted application. You could put a cover letter on the second saying that you are submitting again as the fees for the first was rejected.

Again I am not sure if this works, so collective wisdom of the group will help. But this could save some money for you. The new fees are atleast $100 or more than the current one. 

Thanks. I'm all out of ink hahaha and a bit stressed out so I think I will wait for the packet to return and just get a check for $760 and resend my original packet. Hopefully it will come back soon!

7 minutes ago, mikgallagher said:

Can you pay the filing fee by credit card using the G-1450 or do you have to pay by check or money order?

you can pay by credit card

38 minutes ago, NatalieP136 said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the returned packet back ?

took some other people about 3 weeks

14 minutes ago, Bob in Boston said:

you can pay by credit card

took some other people about 3 weeks

Thank you. So this will make me an October filler. I will be doing a cashiers check next time to make sure this doesn't happen again. Thank you everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
47 minutes ago, debkennedy said:

The check was finally processed yesterday morning, but my husband did not tell me until dinner time, because he forgot! 🤦🏻‍♀️ Lol

Lol. The check was cashed yesterday and my husband did not know until this morning when he got the notification from the bank. Give the guy some grace Just kidding.

11 hours ago, NatalieP136 said:

reprint just the i-751 form or all my evidence as well ?

Hello there.

you are going to have to reprint the form and make new copies of the evidences. When you receive your package back, you will notice a series of numbers at the bottom of each page. Believe me you don't want to send it back to them that way. Brace yourself, avoid trouble by make new copies of all the evidences and sent it back. I will say as soon as you can; i was in a similar situation with my AOS, and I reprinted everything and send out the same day i receive my package.

16 minutes ago, jean Baptiste A said:

Hello there.

you are going to have to reprint the form and make new copies of the evidences. When you receive your package back, you will notice a series of numbers at the bottom of each page. Believe me you don't want to send it back to them that way. Brace yourself, avoid trouble by make new copies of all the evidences and sent it back. I will say as soon as you can; i was in a similar situation with my AOS, and I reprinted everything and send out the same day i receive my package.

Ok thank you. I am just going to create an entire duplicate packet now and resend it Monday! That way i will only pay the $680 and I will be fine. Thank you everyone for your help

3 minutes ago, NatalieP136 said:

Ok thank you. I am just going to create an entire duplicate packet now and resend it Monday! That way i will only pay the $680 and I will be fine. Thank you everyone for your help

Yes go ahead a start getting thing ready and send it out as soon as you can. It is still weird to me that a financial institution will reject USCIS. I better go warn my bank that if they dare do that they are in trouble with me  (i don't know what i will do to them anyway😂😂😂)

6 minutes ago, jean Baptiste A said:

Yes go ahead a start getting thing ready and send it out as soon as you can. It is still weird to me that a financial institution will reject USCIS. I better go warn my bank that if they dare do that they are in trouble with me  (i don't know what i will do to them anyway😂😂😂)

The day after I sent my application the bank cancelled my card because of my Amazon purchase!! the timing!! So I believe that is why the charge never went through.

18 minutes ago, Cera1985 said:

I just filled out the google docs form and I’m About to head to the post office to send my package off :) 

let the waitgame begin and good luck to all of us

Lots of Boston People here, will be interesting how we all make out with this

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.