34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

I cant reach the 105.000 USD well my wife still have period lol and we are two rockers we care alot about the music world ... we talked about adoption and have shelter for pets...

the best to you both

allah yessir

3 hours ago, Transcom123 said:

Thanks alot , but you think we going to be fine ?

Nobody here can't really tell you "Yes!" because the person who take care of your case in the embassy will be the one who make the decisions. 

If you have a real and solid relationship you have no reason to be nervous or doubt.

Is there any reason that you think is a red flag in your case?

Did you have a joint account? Life insurance with you  like a beneficiary? 

What others proves do you have?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Paula&Johnny said:

Nobody here can't really tell you "Yes!" because the person who take care of your case in the embassy will be the one who make the decisions. 

If you have a real and solid relationship you have no reason to be nervous or doubt.

Is there any reason that you think is a red flag in your case?

Did you have a joint account? Life insurance with you  like a beneficiary? 

What others proves do you have?

Im living out of the states, we have a joint account in my country im not nervous im just make sure we are not going into unfair decision

3 hours ago, Transcom123 said:

Im living out of the states, we have a joint account in my country im not nervous im just make sure we are not going into unfair decision

The decision is made based on the evidences and all the things they ask you to prove (income, no criminal records, etc).

You don't need to live here to have a joint account or be in her life insurance.

In your first message you said: "Evidences : we have all kind of evidences of bona fide marriage".

What kind of evidences?

If you want to share with us you can give you our opinion if this evidences can help or others you can add to.

Per example,  why our wife didn't add you to her account in the US? What's about her health insurance? Life insurance? Other things that any married couple share more than photos?

I just found this from you in other message:

"Hello

In Tunisia, we don't have a divorce decree but the divorce status is mentioned  in the birth cert

My question is when I will submit the proof of the end of prior marriage should I submit my birth cert ?"

So, was you married too?

Thanks

Edited by Paula&Johnny

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Paula&Johnny said:

The decision is made based on the evidences and all the things they ask you to prove (income, no criminal records, etc).

You don't need to live here to have a joint account or be in her life insurance.

In your first message you said: "Evidences : we have all kind of evidences of bona fide marriage".

What kind of evidences?

If you want to share with us you can give you our opinion if this evidences can help or others you can add to.

Per example,  why our wife didn't add you to her account in the US? What's about her health insurance? Life insurance? Other things that any married couple share more than photos?

I just found this from you in other message:

"Hello

In Tunisia, we don't have a divorce decree but the divorce status is mentioned  in the birth cert

My question is when I will submit the proof of the end of prior marriage should I submit my birth cert ?"

So, was you married too?

Thanks

Yes i was married too and im divorced since 2014 and i have my divorce decree too

Edited by Transcom123

Timeline

you will submit proof of divorce at time of application (copies) and the originals will be taken to interview

What we did as we went thru a hard MENA country and we had an age difference too (12 years is a big issue)

1. he made out a POA (power of attorney ) for me in both Arabic and English allowing me to do business in his name in the US
  2. i added him to my US tax returns for the year we married (she will need an original birth and marriage certificate ) to apply for the ITIN .  I say those originals as you don't want her to have your passport and/or national ID here in the USA so birth and marriage are the best 2.
  3. She can use the POA to add you to a utility bill /I was able to add him to water bill not electric
  4. when the ITIN came,  i took it and POA to bank and added him to my checking account (he was not allowed to have a debit card till he set foot in the USA)
  5. In my state i was also able to do a "quick claim deed " and use the POA to my house deed

this sounds like a lot but our age difference was bigger than yours 

With your 4 months together u stand a better chance than many who only do 2 weeks

allah yekbel

Timeline
12 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

you will submit proof of divorce at time of application (copies) and the originals will be taken to interview

What we did as we went thru a hard MENA country and we had an age difference too (12 years is a big issue)

1. he made out a POA (power of attorney ) for me in both Arabic and English allowing me to do business in his name in the US
  2. i added him to my US tax returns for the year we married (she will need an original birth and marriage certificate ) to apply for the ITIN .  I say those originals as you don't want her to have your passport and/or national ID here in the USA so birth and marriage are the best 2.
  3. She can use the POA to add you to a utility bill /I was able to add him to water bill not electric
  4. when the ITIN came,  i took it and POA to bank and added him to my checking account (he was not allowed to have a debit card till he set foot in the USA)
  5. In my state i was also able to do a "quick claim deed " and use the POA to my house deed

this sounds like a lot but our age difference was bigger than yours 

With your 4 months together u stand a better chance than many who only do 2 weeks

allah yekbel

I have mine and my wife divorce decrees

First visit : 1 month and half

Second visit : 4 months in my family house

Edited by Transcom123

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

I have mine and my wife divorce decrees

First visit : 1 month and half

Second visit : 4 months in my family house

she will need an original of yours for tax returns 

and for your information,  she has to file as married now 

You married in March.  When did she file for spouse visa?

Thank you for starting a timeline, please keep up with it as it helps the VJ community with answering all your questions

it would be very helpful if she was asking these questions (her own site here or on yours) as at this time all the work for immigration is on the shoulders of the USC and she needs to know what she faces getting a MENA country visa 

there is a lot to know and there is help but you can't do anything at this point

Timeline
Just now, JeanneAdil said:

she will need an original of yours for tax returns 

and for your information,  she has to file as married now 

You married in March.  When did she file for spouse visa?

Thank you for starting a timeline, please keep up with it as it helps the VJ community with answering all your questions

it would be very helpful if she was asking these questions (her own site here or on yours) as at this time all the work for immigration is on the shoulders of the USC and she needs to know what she faces getting a MENA country visa 

there is a lot to know and there is help but you can't do anything at this point

i will inform her about any good infos you provide

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You have some good evidence, maybe consider adding beneficiary documents (life insurance, health insurance, retirement accounts, etc.), plus power of attorney, will, living will, other legal documents to support your claim that the relationship is bona fide.  Also, don't post personal information, remove your names, as this is a public forum.  Good luck!

Timeline
Just now, carmel34 said:

You have some good evidence, maybe consider adding beneficiary documents (life insurance, health insurance, retirement accounts, etc.), plus power of attorney, will, living will, other legal documents to support your claim that the relationship is bona fide.  Also, don't post personal information, remove your names, as this is a public forum.  Good luck!

my wife cant add me to her health insurance cause im not in the USA 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Transcom123 said:

my wife cant add me to her health insurance cause im not in the USA 

I added my husband to my US health insurance, dental, vision, etc., when he was living in Brazil, all I needed was our marriage certificate, his name, birth date, no SSN was needed.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

I added my husband to my US health insurance, dental, vision, etc., when he was living in Brazil, all I needed was our marriage certificate, his name, birth date, no SSN was needed.

I will ask her to do the same so

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.