Portlander

Cheney flips out

104 posts in this topic

Would you be equally unconcerned if the next administration was engaging in this kind of behaviour?

But I agree - this is petty; at least considering how Bush/Cheney have taken a big piss over the idea of public and jurisdictional accountability for the last 7 years.

Yeah, I hear they will be renouncing the constitution tomorrow. This sort of thing has been going on for ever. Bush and Cheney were not as good with getting away with it. I give you more credit than that. You know what I am saying is correct.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Would you be equally unconcerned if the next administration was engaging in this kind of behaviour?

But I agree - this is petty; at least considering how Bush/Cheney have taken a big piss over the idea of public and jurisdictional accountability for the last 7 years.

Yeah, I hear they will be renouncing the constitution tomorrow. This sort of thing has been going on for ever. Bush and Cheney were not as good with getting away with it. I give you more credit than that. You know what I am saying is correct.

Its correct sure. That doesn't mean I think it should be tolerated when it is brought to light.

Its correct sure. That doesn't mean I think it should be tolerated when it is brought to light.

Under normal conditions yes. But these are not normal conditions. There are a lot more important things they can be worried about than some form that didn't get filled out.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Under normal conditions yes. But these are not normal conditions. There are a lot more important things they can be worried about than some form that didn't get filled out.

I hazard a guess and dare say that this isn't the only issue that is being focussed upon - nor would it seem (outside of this thread) to be given undue prominence.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow ... life and business happens. Haven't seen a discussion like this for years ... :P

Filed: Timeline
The paranoid left is really fun to watch as they run around screaming "the sky is falling".

About as funny as the paranoid right was when they hunted Clinton for whatever petty ####### they could find or make up if there wasn't anything of substance to be found. I imagine you were singing a different tune then. ;)

Edited by ET-US2004

The paranoid left is really fun to watch as they run around screaming "the sky is falling".

About as funny as the paranoid right was when they hunted Clinton for whatever petty ####### they could find or make up if there wasn't anything of substance to be found. I imagine you were singing a different tune then. ;)

So not filling out a form or firing a few prosecutors is worse than lying under oath? Whatever you say man.

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thats right - running the most secretive gov't ever, suspending habeas corpus, pushing illegal wiretapping, firing prosecutors for not cheating (you never mention that part - I wonder why!) , locking the governemtn inbto the highest rates possible for prescription drugs (making seniors split pills and choose between food or medication), letting the lobbyists write whatever legislation they want, Katrina, going to war for oil, federalizing everything in sight, auditing political enemies, etc etc etc

is not as bad as lying under oath about an affair. Clinton had an affair, lied about it. That is more important than the contents of this graph:

bush_deficit_graphic.gif

Clinton is no Saint. You cannot get into high poltical office without having the proper allies, and that generally means providing favors. (Except for maybe Jesse Ventura) There are plenty of dirty folks on either side. However, it ought to be CLEAR AS A BELL to anyone that BushCo is taking this country for a ride. No other politician, Republican or Democrat or Bull Moose Party has EVER been as bad.

Clinton, at least balanced the budget. Conservatives are screaming "tax and spend liberals" but the tale of the tape just doesn't hold that up. Bush is handing the country away. Not every politician does that. THATS why Cheney is secretive, and THAT is why this scandal is a big deal.

And heres the kicker - I'm downright conservative. I'm a small government State's Righter. That is exactly why I am so against Bush in particular. It ain't an R or a D, Its the Tale of the Tape. I read a lot, and I follow the newswire. There are so many stories that don't get picked up that should, its silly.

If you don't think that corruption isn't rife in our government now, I would be happy to point you to a few sources. Start by talking to your local contractors, (the owners) wherever you are.

Check out the Heritage Foundation. Read up on Project For A New American Centiry. You don't need to resort to tin foil hats. Read Cheney's own words - the ones he writes in policy papers, not the ones he tells reporters. They aren't the same thing. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Woplfowitz, Perle, et al have been calling for a major, permanent US military ground presence in the Middle East for 15 years. In writing, signed by them. They clearly say that we can Use Saddam's bad record as provocation, but the real reason is strategic. Clear as a bell to anyone willing to read it. I'll be more than happy top provide you with links if you will read them. Licks to a website run by the PNAC, reports POSTED BY BushCo, and signed by them. Doesn't get any clearer than that.

So NO. Not all politicians are the same. That kind of mind numbing indifference is exactly what is wrong with this country.

Your absence runs through me like a needle

Everything I do

Is stitched with your color

Married in 2005

I-130

2/6 NOA1

5/11 touch

5-10 Approval for both 129F and I-130

129F

2/14 applied

3/01 NOA1

5/1-11 a few touches

5-21 sent to NVC

5-22 129F recieved @ NVC

5-29 forwarded to Embassy

6-12 interview date set (discovered, rather) ... (still no NOA2)

6-22 email notification of NAO2 for I-130

6-27 email notification of NOA2 for 129F

7-15 Medical appointment - Docs say she has pneumonia and want to run 2 months + $2K USD of tests.

7-19 interview

7-20 informed that she has cleared medical. Documents not yet forwarded to Embassy, they will not release them to her, saying they must deliver the documents themselves. (Not true. many people had their medical papers @ the interview)

7-21 Missed flight

7-25 Docs recieved by embassy, visa all ready to go

7-27 Visa revieved

7-28 ARRIVED IN USA!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

waiting for AOS NOA

9-28 5 page RFE sent :(

10-7 RFE recieved

Thats right - running the most secretive gov't ever, suspending habeas corpus, pushing illegal wiretapping, firing prosecutors for not cheating (you never mention that part - I wonder why!) , locking the governemtn inbto the highest rates possible for prescription drugs (making seniors split pills and choose between food or medication), letting the lobbyists write whatever legislation they want, Katrina, going to war for oil, federalizing everything in sight, auditing political enemies, etc etc etc

is not as bad as lying under oath about an affair. Clinton had an affair, lied about it. That is more important than the contents of this graph:

bush_deficit_graphic.gif

Clinton is no Saint. You cannot get into high poltical office without having the proper allies, and that generally means providing favors. (Except for maybe Jesse Ventura) There are plenty of dirty folks on either side. However, it ought to be CLEAR AS A BELL to anyone that BushCo is taking this country for a ride. No other politician, Republican or Democrat or Bull Moose Party has EVER been as bad.

Clinton, at least balanced the budget. Conservatives are screaming "tax and spend liberals" but the tale of the tape just doesn't hold that up. Bush is handing the country away. Not every politician does that. THATS why Cheney is secretive, and THAT is why this scandal is a big deal.

And heres the kicker - I'm downright conservative. I'm a small government State's Righter. That is exactly why I am so against Bush in particular. It ain't an R or a D, Its the Tale of the Tape. I read a lot, and I follow the newswire. There are so many stories that don't get picked up that should, its silly.

If you don't think that corruption isn't rife in our government now, I would be happy to point you to a few sources. Start by talking to your local contractors, (the owners) wherever you are.

Check out the Heritage Foundation. Read up on Project For A New American Centiry. You don't need to resort to tin foil hats. Read Cheney's own words - the ones he writes in policy papers, not the ones he tells reporters. They aren't the same thing. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Woplfowitz, Perle, et al have been calling for a major, permanent US military ground presence in the Middle East for 15 years. In writing, signed by them. They clearly say that we can Use Saddam's bad record as provocation, but the real reason is strategic. Clear as a bell to anyone willing to read it. I'll be more than happy top provide you with links if you will read them. Licks to a website run by the PNAC, reports POSTED BY BushCo, and signed by them. Doesn't get any clearer than that.

So NO. Not all politicians are the same. That kind of mind numbing indifference is exactly what is wrong with this country.

Ok man, whatever makes you happy.

To the OP, Sniffin glue is bad for your health!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

lolololololololol

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Timeline

OP here. Them fancy college ED-yoo-cashuns don't get you nothing, see here. That free-thinking is dangerous. The Commies will get you if you do too much of that. None for me thanks.

If you actually want to have a real dialogue, using legitimate sources and arguments, then I'd be more than happy to engage. I promise, I can provide everything I'm talking about. If you have the respect for yourself to actually read the policy papers, I'd hapy to talk. There are some very interesting thoughtful things to be said.

If you only want to resort to 3rd grade name calling, well, have it your own way, poopy head.

Everything I do

Married in 2005

I-130

2/6 NOA1

5/11 touch

129F

2/14 applied

3/01 NOA1

5/1-11 a few touches

5-21 sent to NVC

5-22 129F recieved @ NVC

7-15 Medical appointment - Docs say she has pneumonia and want to run 2 months + $2K USD of tests.

7-19 interview

7-20 informed that she has cleared medical. Documents not yet forwarded to Embassy, they will not release them to her, saying they must deliver the documents themselves. (Not true. many people had their medical papers @ the interview)

7-21 Missed flight

7-27 Visa revieved

waiting for AOS NOA

10-7 RFE recieved

Dude you aint thinkin free! your bein FED the #######! and bein told how good it tastes! and theSAD part is your swallowin it!

and then PURGIN it!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

well said, mate. very thoughtful and insightful commentary. I completely change my opinion based on the overwhelming evidence you presented. Poopyhead.

Everything I do

Married in 2005

I-130

2/6 NOA1

5/11 touch

129F

2/14 applied

3/01 NOA1

5/1-11 a few touches

5-21 sent to NVC

5-22 129F recieved @ NVC

7-19 interview

7-21 Missed flight

7-27 Visa revieved

waiting for AOS NOA

10-7 RFE recieved