RandR16

IR2 - NVC approved expedite request but cancelled interview appointment

21 posts in this topic

Hello fellow members,

NVC approved my petition June 29, 2020. After a month, I sent an email requesting to expedite. I was told to ask the US embassy in MNL. I sent an email to Manila and I was told that NVC needs to send the approved documents. Long story short, I got an email on Friday 8/21/2020 stating, "The U.S. Embassy has accepted this case for expedited processing. We will send this file immediately to the U.S. Embassy." Today 8/25/2020 I got an email from NVC, with the subject of Immigration appointment cancelled : We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in MANILA, PHIL.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview. We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time. There is no need for you to take action at this time.

Does anyone experience this? I'm confused because I never get an interview email in the first place. I thought I have to call the embassy after 2weeks from the time NVC approved the expedite request to schedule an appointment. I sent another inquiry to NVC asking for clarification but they'll respond after couple of days. Also does anyone know the best number to call US Embassy in MNL? 

Thank you

Edited by RandR16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It seems this happens when NVC attempts to schedule the interview for the first time, just to clear any other conflicting appointments they first cancel all previous appointment by clicking "CANCEL ALL" appointments button.

That email is just an indication that NVC is working on your case to prepare it for the interview.

Ah nice. Thank you @hbbi I got another email this time saying the embassy approved the expedite request. I also got the response from the embassy that they haven't receive my case, yet CEAC shows case in MNL. I will send another follow up when my daughter completed her medical.

I remain positive that we will be together again before Thanksgiving.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 8:24 PM, RandR16 said:

Ah nice. Thank you @hbbi I got another email this time saying the embassy approved the expedite request. I also got the response from the embassy that they haven't receive my case, yet CEAC shows case in MNL. I will send another follow up when my daughter completed her medical.

I remain positive that we will be together again before Thanksgiving.

Hi, my mom is on the same boat just waiting for her interview date. NVC said they will coordinate with US embassy in Manila but it's been 3 weeks and no updates yet.. I emailed them today and waiting for response.

54 minutes ago, RandR16 said:

@tommybear is she done with medical?  USEM told me that medical needs to be completed first before they provide an interview date.

She haven’t had medical yet because she needs to have an interview date before she  can do medical.. when did they say that?

1 hour ago, RandR16 said:

@tommybear is she done with medical?  USEM told me that medical needs to be completed first before they provide an interview date.

The problem is not the medical here, the problem is that no IR5 interviews are taking place before next year because of the presidential proclamation banning them until 31 December. 

35 minutes ago, tommybear said:

She haven’t had medical yet because she needs to have an interview date before she  can do medical.. when did they say that?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I just saw your message and I was wondering how did you get to expedite your daughter's process?
My sons (both minors) were approved by NVC in March, right before they shut down the embassies.
I am going crazy since they can't travel alone and no one can bring them here to see me (They rea in brazil and we have a travel ban there, bcz of covid)
I got some days off to travel to Brazil to see them by the end of the year and we would like to request the emergency interview, so they can start the new year here (since it is a new school year in Brazil).
Give me some references, pleaseeee

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi.  Wondering if you have any updates?  I have two IR2's waiting in limbo just like everyone else I'm guessing.  We got our cases approved for expediting on Dec 7, 2020.  When I check CEAC, says the case is still at NVC.  We became documentarily qualified June 30, 2020.  Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.  US Embassy in Manila also stated that the case is still at NVC after I emailed them inquiring about my case.  Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
On 2/17/2021 at 8:07 PM, A Smith said:

Hi.  Wondering if you have any updates?  I have two IR2's waiting in limbo just like everyone else I'm guessing.  We got our cases approved for expediting on Dec 7, 2020.  When I check CEAC, says the case is still at NVC.  We became documentarily qualified June 30, 2020.  Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.  US Embassy in Manila also stated that the case is still at NVC after I emailed them inquiring about my case.  Thank you

Hi, any updates in your case? You need to request an expedited interview. That's what I did.  Good luck.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, ronh said:

Hi, any updates in your case? You need to request an expedited interview. That's what I did.  Good luck.

Nothing yet unfortunately.  Who do I send the interview expedite request to? Also, what happened after your interview expedite request? correspondence and time?  Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.