Fariya

What's Next after NVC Expedite Approved for I-130 (CR1/IR1) in Dhaka, Bangladesh?

32 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, our NVC expedite request was approved on August 17, 2020 for our case (CR1) but it is still showing "at NVC" status. I was wondering if anybody here knows what's the next step?

I have seen in this forum that many other consulates are letting the expedited cases to schedule their interview appointments but I don't think that is an option in Bangladesh. I have spoken with some who are waiting after their expedite was approved since June 2020 and when they tried to contact the embassy, they were told to wait till the routine visa services resume. Currently, the embassy in Dhaka is rescheduling the cancelled CR1/IR1 interviews from April 2020 in limited numbers. I wanted to ask if anyone here has experience with similar situation with embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh before the pandemic and what happened after they had the NVC expedite request approved? 

Thank you in advance. 

expedite.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Hey - I have no idea about that unfortunately. 
Could I check how you found out about the Apr interviews being rescheduled?

I've been trying to find any signs that the embassy will resume their interviews anytime soon, and this is the first sign I've seen. 

Also, if I may ask, what was the reason for your expedite request? Mine got rejected :( 

8 hours ago, bdgirl8919 said:

Hey - I have no idea about that unfortunately. 
Could I check how you found out about the Apr interviews being rescheduled?

I've been trying to find any signs that the embassy will resume their interviews anytime soon, and this is the first sign I've seen. 

Also, if I may ask, what was the reason for your expedite request? Mine got rejected :(

Hii! I'm so sorry to hear that. My reason was financial and emotional hardship. 

There's a group in facebook where I saw many people are getting interviews rescheduled that were cancelled in March/April. The embassy even started sending interview letters to expedite cases from this week. So hopefully it will be soon you'll hear something too :)

39 minutes ago, bdgirl8919 said:

Thanks! That's so helpful. What's the name of the FB group?

I hope your interview also gets scheduled soon!!

Thank you! And it's called USA immigrant visa pending case holders community from Bangladesh

Edited by Fariya

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 12:21 AM, bdgirl8919 said:

Hi Fariya - did you get any update on your expedite request / interview yet?

I re-submitted my expedite request with additional information yesterday, but I guess they will take a few weeks before they accept / reject it.

hey sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Yes I received an interview date on October 19 and my husband had his interview yesterday November 2nd. His visa was approved. We are currently waiting for his passport to be ready for pickup. Did you hear back anything? I think now they are taking longer than before to response. 

Edited by Fariya

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 8:03 AM, Fariya said:

hey sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Yes I received an interview date on October 19 and my husband had his interview yesterday November 2nd. His visa was approved. We are currently waiting for his passport to be ready for pickup. Did you hear back anything? I think now they are taking longer than before to response. 

can u please  trll me me after how many days of ur expedite request  accept  nvc send ur case to us embassy?? and then they schedule  interview?? because  i also request  expedite  which is accepted last week but still my case status  is same which is "At nvc". I'm  from Pakistan 

1 hour ago, Menahilhassan said:

can u please  trll me me after how many days of ur expedite request  accept  nvc send ur case to us embassy?? and then they schedule  interview?? because  i also request  expedite  which is accepted last week but still my case status  is same which is "At nvc". I'm  from Pakistan 

Hey! So for my case, I sent expedite email on 8/6, got review email on 8/13, got approved on 8/17, status changed to 'in transit' on 8/26 and then changed to 'ready' on 8/30. 

33 minutes ago, Fariya said:

Hey! So for my case, I sent expedite email on 8/6, got review email on 8/13, got approved on 8/17, status changed to 'in transit' on 8/26 and then changed to 'ready' on 8/30. 

okay thanku so much for this information  I  sent req 21oct2020 got review email 29oct and then approved  email 6nov now waiting for other update.... hope for the best .. to know about your dates I'm little bit relaxed .

37 minutes ago, Fariya said:

then when interview  schedule?? interview date?? visa date??

38 minutes ago, Fariya said:

did u get email that ur status  changed or you just checked  online  by yourself??

7 hours ago, Menahilhassan said:

then when interview  schedule?? interview date?? visa date??

did u get email that ur status  changed or you just checked  online  by yourself??

My husband's interview was on Nov 2nd and passport with visa received on Nov 4th. US embassy Bangladesh started doing interviews daily from last week of September. They started with only expedited cases of CR1/IR1 and gave dates based on priority dates and DQ dates so the earlier dates got interview on Oct and we got Nov. And I just checked myself and then we got email for the interview date. 

Don't worry each embassy is different. I'm sure you'll get a date soon. All the best. 

1 minute ago, Fariya said:

My husband's interview was on Nov 2nd and passport with visa received on Nov 4th. US embassy Bangladesh started doing interviews daily from last week of September. They started with only expedited cases of CR1/IR1 and gave dates based on priority dates and DQ dates so the earlier dates got interview on Oct and we got Nov. And I just checked myself and then we got email for the interview date. 

Don't worry each embassy is different. I'm sure you'll get a date soon. All the best. 

inshaAllah very soon . did u get interview  email from Us embassy??

Just now, Menahilhassan said:

2 minutes ago, Fariya said:

now where is ur husband??

15 minutes ago, Menahilhassan said:

now where is ur husband??

My husband's coming here in sha Allah on November 20th. In Bangladesh the embassy sends one email with a link where we have to open an account in ustraveldocs and submit a request for interview. Then once they have available slots they approve it and send another email saying to choose a date from few options which can be seen in the account.

1 minute ago, Fariya said:

My husband's coming here in sha Allah on November 20th. In Bangladesh the embassy sends one email with a link where we have to open an account in ustraveldocs and submit a request for interview. Then once they have available slots they approve it and send another email saying to choose a date from few options which can be seen in the account.

ok thanu so much and good luck to both of u happy life 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.