hollygolightly77

These new fees are so unfair !!

145 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Would I rather pay less for the fees? YES

I don't have problems with them being raised. By no means do I have all kinds of extra money but to get my "teerak" here, I'd give my left arm.

BTW, please click on the image below to donate money to me..................... :whistle:

Julies_PayPal.gif

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's so unfair about the fees. If you are trying to immigrat to the US then that's what it takes. So what is fair? Stop complaining and crying

It's unfair that they can raise their prices by 100% "just because."

It's unfair that illegal immigrants are looking at being admitted to the US "just because" and we still have to fork over thousands of dollars for the privilege.

It's unfair that most of us are better educated, more productive members of society than many Americans and yet we're treated like common criminals by immigration officers every time we try to re-enter the US. I was held in San Juan airport for two hours "just because" an immigration officer felt like it. It took my father, who has an O1 visa (person of outstanding ability) to yell at the official before he realised that he'd better let me go if he wanted to keep his job.

The entire process is convoluted and unfair.

I'm tired of being treated like a criminal and I'm tired of seeing well-meaning immigrants usurped by illegals who somehow believe that it's their *right* just to walk on in. It's not a right; it's a privilege. But it's a privilege whose process being abused for financial and political gains.

Don't let your head get too big here. Your O1 Father has zero credibility in this country.

As a former US Diplomat, I have been hassled in US ports of entry, yet a simple call for a supervisor resolved the issue instantly. This is one example of privilege.

The immigration policies are what they are, simple as that. Deal with it or not, it's your choice.

Do you really think it is any easier in other countries? News flash, it isn’t.

As mentioned before, I was once a Diplomat and have actually paid "fees" for expected protocol.

63 countries, many hassles. It's not so bad here, really.

Filed: Timeline

His visa certainly shut the Puerto Rican immigration official up. He looked like he'd seen a ghost and I was let out of his little prison cell immediately. You use what you've got when you've got it and if my father's visa helps me get out of some ashsole officer's grasp, then so be it.

Don't you dare tell me that my father has "zero credibility." You have no idea who or what you're talking about. Zero credibility, my #######. What an arrogant, dickheaded thing to say.

PS: Your head's looking a little large these days too, buddy.

What's so unfair about the fees. If you are trying to immigrat to the US then that's what it takes. So what is fair? Stop complaining and crying

It's unfair that they can raise their prices by 100% "just because."

It's unfair that illegal immigrants are looking at being admitted to the US "just because" and we still have to fork over thousands of dollars for the privilege.

It's unfair that most of us are better educated, more productive members of society than many Americans and yet we're treated like common criminals by immigration officers every time we try to re-enter the US. I was held in San Juan airport for two hours "just because" an immigration officer felt like it. It took my father, who has an O1 visa (person of outstanding ability) to yell at the official before he realised that he'd better let me go if he wanted to keep his job.

The entire process is convoluted and unfair.

I'm tired of being treated like a criminal and I'm tired of seeing well-meaning immigrants usurped by illegals who somehow believe that it's their *right* just to walk on in. It's not a right; it's a privilege. But it's a privilege whose process being abused for financial and political gains.

Don't let your head get too big here. Your O1 Father has zero credibility in this country.

As a former US Diplomat, I have been hassled in US ports of entry, yet a simple call for a supervisor resolved the issue instantly. This is one example of privilege.

The immigration policies are what they are, simple as that. Deal with it or not, it's your choice.

Do you really think it is any easier in other countries? News flash, it isn’t.

As mentioned before, I was once a Diplomat and have actually paid "fees" for expected protocol.

63 countries, many hassles. It's not so bad here, really.

Edited by aleksandral

Puerto Rico is not an "official" US port of entry, rather a secondary.

I was trying to help you understand the process and mentality, if you take offense, so be it.

My credibility and respect here is solid. Why, because I try to help others without arrogance. how about You?

Filed: Timeline
With respect to the fees, I think they are reasonable.

Agreed. Anyone who needs to delay filing an application because they don't have the fee has no business sponsoring anyone. Save 6-months expenses first.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Agreed. Anyone who needs to delay filing an application because they don't have the fee has no business sponsoring anyone. Save 6-months expenses first.

That is why I've never understood how co-sponsoring is used. Like you said, if you can't afford the filing fees, you have no business sponsoring anyone. If you are making below 125% poverty level and you know your SO will not be able to work right away, why not hold off until you can support them without risking someone elses finances?

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

If the fees reflect the actual cost of processing a case then they are fair. I would rather pay the extra than have the cases backlogging because they cannot afford to hire the staff to process them.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

If the fees reflect the actual cost of processing a case then they are fair. I would rather pay the extra than have the cases backlogging because they cannot afford to hire the staff to process them.

It does, but they probably in some ways spend more time and money processing each case than they need to. They are making small steps to save time, and hopefully money, but I guess that remains to be seen. If you read the document that proposed the fee increase it shows a breakdown of what the money goes to.

keTiiDCjGVo

If you compare the new fees with countries like the UK or Australia, you will find the fees to be about the same or less than those countries. Of course each country has its own process and procedures, but you can kinda of tell what the overall cost is.

UK fees: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/2139...m2april2007.pdf

Australia: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/partner.htm

Canada looks to be a bit cheaper: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
If you compare the new fees with countries like the UK or Australia, you will find the fees to be about the same or less than those countries. Of course each country has its own process and procedures, but you can kinda of tell what the overall cost is.

UK fees: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/2139...m2april2007.pdf

Australia: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/partner.htm

Canada looks to be a bit cheaper: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Fees are fees...you pay 599 for a PS3 at Wal Mart...1200 for a flat screen as mentioned...even more for a computer...I think my SO is worth much more to me than any of those...I would give the CO all of those if I could have just had her here when we first filed...no biggie, pay the fee or don't try it...If you want to talk about unfair, talk about insurance for house and cars...speeding tickets in Virginia...human rights in China...

Feb. 16-Sent 129F to TSC.

Feb. 27-NOA1, received CSC.

Mar. 27-Found VJ, and became disappointed for not being able to use VSC.

Mar. 27-Applied for military expedite and got congressional help.

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Mar. 30-touched yet again.

Apr. 04-touched another time.

Apr. 05-touched some more.

May 15-touched once again.

May 15-NOA2. 78 days...WOW!!!

May 16-touched???(mail to NVC???).

May 18-Received Hard Copy NOA2.

May 21-NVC receives case!!!

May 23-NVC sends to Seoul!!!

Jun 04-Embassy receives case!!!

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

Soon, real soon for AOS, AP and EAD...just need time from the Army to do it with...

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ0Jk5PQTErcmVjZWl2ZWQuLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxNSYxMiZjJjAmMjYmMiYyMDA3JjIwJjImNjU4ODk3MDAxMTc2OTc4Mzk1Lic=.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I don't see the use in complaining about the fee increases. It's done or going to happen. Accept it and move on. No use sitting around ranting about it. Pay or don't pay. That's the only choice you have. ####### or get off the pot ;)

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

That is why I've never understood how co-sponsoring is used. Like you said, if you can't afford the filing fees, you have no business sponsoring anyone. If you are making below 125% poverty level and you know your SO will not be able to work right away, why not hold off until you can support them without risking someone elses finances?

Because the option is a viable one - my last tax year showed 13,000 gross income because I was only working part time, as a student. This year, it will show about 30, 000 gross income. I wasn't going to risk messing up the paperwork when I couldn't show on paper, on taxes, that I made that much. My mother could. So she was my joint sponsor.

Being below the poverty line doesn't necessarily mean you can't pay the fees, either. I find no sympathy for those whining about the fees, or the fact they can't meet the poverty level and have no joint sponsor - tough luck, sweethearts.

And honestly, my mother doesn't feel her finances have been risked. We make more than enough to support ourselves, and while I probably could have gotten him approved off of employment letters and pay stubs, it wasn't a risk I felt like taking.

As for the fees in general, I think whining about it is wasted energy. They are what they are, pay them, get over it.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC