Jennifer0220

Should I have received something from NVC by now?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My petition was approved on June 11th and the letter stated that I would receive another letter from NVC in about four weeks.  I haven't received anything at all and it's been more than two months.  Should I be chasing it down?  Who should I contact, NVC?  I have no idea where my petition is right now.

20A.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Jennifer0220 said:

My petition was approved on June 11th and the letter stated that I would receive another letter from NVC in about four weeks.  I haven't received anything at all and it's been more than two months.  Should I be chasing it down?  Who should I contact, NVCI have no idea where my petition is right now.

What is the CEAC status?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Jennifer0220 said:

My petition was approved on June 11th and the letter stated that I would receive another letter from NVC in about four weeks.  I haven't received anything at all and it's been more than two months.  Should I be chasing it down?  Who should I contact, NVC?  I have no idea where my petition is right now.

You won't receive anything from NVC until they forward your case to the embassy. You should call them and get your case and invoice number. 

You will need your petition number, WAC#

Beneficiary full name and birth date

Full name and birthdate of petitioner

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

K1 from Morocco

you have a long wait ahead to even be able to schedule the interview

NVC will send the case to the embassy but there are many ahead of you with cancelled appointments

these will have priority over your case with spouse interviews ahead of yours 

In normal times the embassy would have notified you that the case is with them and to schedule the medical and get the 2 criminal reports

and have you schedule the K1

what they will do now??? still they will notify you of the needed items but do not do the medical until you have a interview date as the medical is only good for 6 months and is the date for expiration of a visa 

this site has the list of needed documents for your interview/  it is a good source

https://ma.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

NVC will assign a new case number for Casa embassy starting with CSBxxxxxxxxx

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Jennifer0220 said:

I don't know.  How do I find out?

You need the case number that was assigned by NVC

YMMV

Timeline
7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You need the case number that was assigned by NVC

Ok.  I haven't received anything from NVC, so I guess I'll have to call them.  Thank you!

20A.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The NVC does not contact you for K1.  They just assign a case number and send the petition to the Embassy.  Then, the Embassy sends you an email with the information to proceed.

But, due to Covid, embassies are not accepting K1's from the NVC.  When they do start processing again, they will have to go through the backlog of cancelled K1 interviews first.

If you send an inquiry to AskNVC, and give them your email address, they will send you an email notificatoin once they send the K1 petition to the embassy.

EDIT:  I took a look at our K1 NOA2.  It does state that the NVC will send you a letter when they forward the petition to the embassy.   Normally this takes about 4 weeks.  But due to Covid, embassies are not accepting K1 applications from the NVC yet.  Hang in there!

Edited by SteveInBostonI130
updated information

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

K1 from Morocco

you have a long wait ahead to even be able to schedule the interview

NVC will send the case to the embassy but there are many ahead of you with cancelled appointments

these will have priority over your case with spouse interviews ahead of yours 

In normal times the embassy would have notified you that the case is with them and to schedule the medical and get the 2 criminal reports

and have you schedule the K1

what they will do now??? still they will notify you of the needed items but do not do the medical until you have a interview date as the medical is only good for 6 months and is the date for expiration of a visa 

this site has the list of needed documents for your interview/  it is a good source

NVC will assign a new case number for Casa embassy starting with CSBxxxxxxxxx

Thank you!  I will take a look.

20A.jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

These documents have to be translated.  Is there a specific translation service that is required?

20A.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jennifer0220 said:

These documents have to be translated.  Is there a specific translation service that is required?

there are several certified translators in Casa and other big cities

some other countries allow the person ,  himself ,  to translate if fluent in both languages but don't try it for the Casa embassy 

Timeline
Just now, JeanneAdil said:

there are several certified translators in Casa and other big cities

some other countries allow the person ,  himself ,  to translate if fluent in both languages but don't try it for the Casa embassy 

So they just need to be certified.  Ok.  Thanks!!

20A.jpg

Timeline
25 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

use to be $10 or 100 dh per page

but everything has gone up

I'm not surprised.  I'm not expecting anything about this to be inexpensive 😞

Thanks again!

20A.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.