Babaloo

K1 Manila interview during Covid19

47 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2020 at 4:40 AM, Babaloo said:

US embassy is closed for routine visa services, as they say, but they are open and accept those who they think deserve to get interview - so it says by itself , double standard and politics.It was closed april,may, no visas were issued, but since june they operating.

I wish Philippines would open up for at least American Tourist going there.  The US gives them all this money and relief supplies almost daily and it millions and millions of US dollars.  

They need to let US Citizens have entry and no quarantine in the Philippines, or the US should stop giving them money all the time.  

1 minute ago, Allovertheworld said:

I wish Philippines would open up for at least American Tourist going there.  The US gives them all this money and relief supplies almost daily and it millions and millions of US dollars.  

They need to let US Citizens have entry and no quarantine in the Philippines, or the US should stop giving them money all the time.  

US citizens married to a Filipino and entering the PI with their wife will be allowed to enter. I understand your thought on the support that the US gives the PI but we are talking about a killer disease which precautions should always take precedence over our personal wishes. Just saying. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

US citizens married to a Filipino and entering the PI with their wife will be allowed to enter. I understand your thought on the support that the US gives the PI but we are talking about a killer disease which precautions should always take precedence over our personal wishes. Just saying. 

What do you know about this garbage virus? Killer virus, is all baloney. Did you face it your self?
Or you just sitting on the media trash brainwash wagon and repeating? I know what i am talking about and you?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

I highly doubt that. I wouldn't be surprised if the Manila area moves to a more restrictive quarantine on September 1st.  So far this has been the pattern lately.  

We will have to wait for President Duterte to issue his order.  With COVID still spiking there despite 6 months of quarantine and lockdowns and house arrest for anyone under age 21 and over age 60, I don't see the Embassy in Manila opening any time soon to routine interviews.

The situation here is, US embassy can operate at least for US citizens, K1 etc, DU30 can do his business, US embassy can do theirs, add extra 100$ for covid19 testing during medical in stluke,14 day quarantine before entering embassy, 14 quarantine on arrival to US and problem solved, in the mean time they act like it is pandemic in the world and half of the world population is dead which is not the case. Its pure politics nothing else.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Babaloo said:

The situation here is, US embassy can operate at least for US citizens, K1 etc, DU30 can do his business, US embassy can do theirs, add extra 100$ for covid19 testing during medical in stluke,14 day quarantine before entering embassy, 14 quarantine on arrival to US and problem solved, in the mean time they act like it is pandemic in the world and half of the world population is dead which is not the case. Its pure politics nothing else.

I'm sure all the countries in the world will be glad to know that they will no longer have to worry about the virus after the election in the US. Yes I know several people personally who had it. 5 of them had mild flu symptoms. One went to the emergency twice. The other was on life support. Was told he wouldn't make it. He ended up surving. So statistically none of them died, but two of them have severely reduced lung capacity. 2 more have issues breathing and most of them have brain fog. I for one don't want to have breathing problems the rest of my life.  To claim the virus is political is a smack in the face to every country suffering from the pandemic. Especially the ones that didn't have the equipment or means to keep people alive. I haven't been able to see my fiance and kids since I left at the beginning of Febuary. The country is doing what it can to protect their people and have been doing an excellent job.

2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

US citizens do not need their PI wives present to enter the Philippines.   They can enter without wife.

2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I don't find it to be a "killer' disease.  Traveling to Philippines I would be much more concerned about Dengue Fever or TB

Edited by Allovertheworld

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

US citizens do not need their PI wives present to enter the Philippines.   They can enter without wife.

But only if you get a  visa first

YMMV

5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

But only if you get a  visa first

Correct, but this just started last week, before you could enter without visa.  They just needed like marriage certificate/copy of her passport.

Last week the BI in Philippines busted two Koreans who used fake documents to enter Philippines saying they were married. 

PRESS RELEASE
19 August 2020

BI bars 2 Koreans in Mactan airport for faking their marriage to Pinays

MANILA, Philippines - Bureau of Immigration (BI) officers at the Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA) turned away two South Korean nationals who attempted to enter the country by presenting fraudulent copies of certificates of their alleged marriage to Filipinos.

BI Commissioner Jaime Morente also banned the two Koreans, identifed as Shin Bumsik and Woo Jungje, from entering the Philippines by ordering their inclusion in the Immigration blacklist of undesirable aliens.

"Don't trick our officers by presenting bogus marriage certificates because that will not work. You will be turned back to where you came from and can no longer return to our country," Morente warned other foreigners intending to travel to the Philippines.

The BI Chief stressed that possession of an entry visa does not guarantee a foreigner's entry into the country because immigration officers have the lawful mandate and discretion to assess arriving foreigners, inquire about the purpose of their trip, and examine the documents that they presented.

"If you lie and resort to fraud and misrepresentation, you are unfit to be given the privilege to enter our country. You will be excluded and booked on the first available flight back to your port of origin," Morente said.

BI Port Operations Division Acting Chief Grifton Medina said the two South Korean nationals were excluded at the Mactan airport last Monday, 17 August 2020, after they arrived aboard an Aseana Airlines flight from Seoul.

Medina said both passengers, who had tourist visas, presented scanned copies of marriage certificates purportedly showing they are married to Filipinas.

This reportedly aroused the suspicion of the immigration officers on duty who decided to refer the passengers to their supervisors for secondary inspection.

"It was later found that one of them, Shin Bumsik who is only 20 years old, could not have married a Filipina as he had never traveled to the Philippines before," Medina said.

He added that the other Korean, 34-year-old Woo Jungje, was also caught lying as it was discovered that he was out of the country at the time of his alleged marriage in October last year.

Edited by Allovertheworld

2 hours ago, Babaloo said:

There is an American guy named Tim K on Youtube. I think from Leyete, he went to Bureau of Immigrations to extend his visa to stay in Philppines, he went back to his province and now he is on 14 day quarantine on a basketball court in Philippines.  It almost hysterical how silly they have gotten in Philippines.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

Correct, but this just started last week, before you could enter without visa.  They just needed like marriage certificate/copy of her passport.

Last week the BI in Philippines busted two Koreans who used fake documents to enter Philippines saying they were married. 

True, however, you were speaking in the present tense, stale information is of no value

YMMV

22 minutes ago, payxibka said:

True, however, you were speaking in the present tense, stale information is of no value

And the requirement for visa may change on Monday, and go back to issuing visa upon entry. 

Anything is possible with that country and way it is ran.  As I said before about Philippines, It is like a never ending theater play. Different actors, different sets, plot twists, mass confusion, laughter, sadness, anger, but the show must go on!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

And the requirement for visa may change on Monday, and go back to issuing visa upon entry

worry about Monday on Monday 

YMMV

On 8/18/2020 at 3:47 AM, Babaloo said:

if US citizen child has alien mother this proclamation gives green light to alien mother come to US, thus my K1 must be admitted for interview same as CR1, now you understand? US citizen stranded abroad because of US embassy in Manila not following rules.

What do you mean?  There is absolutely nothing requiring embassies to resume or perform visa interviews at the moment.  They all have discretion to open (or not) for regular business based on several parameters, including local COVID status.

Having a USC child confers no actual status or benefit.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

What do you mean?  There is absolutely nothing requiring embassies to resume or perform visa interviews at the moment.  They all have discretion to open (or not) for regular business based on several parameters, including local COVID status.

Having a USC child confers no actual status or benefit.

Here we go, your answer clearly describes mainstream policy , which is we dont g

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.