Nature Boy 2.0

The mail in vote thing

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, CanAm1980 said:

About 4 years ago I got  a mail from county elections noting that my signature did not match with past years signatures. My ballot was "on hold" until I provided a new signature by mail. It was my ballot and it was easy to send in my replacement signature to make my vote bonafide.

The point is there are efficient, automated effective systems watching for anomalies in ballots.

Now, I need to go and get my snacks to get ready for Eric Trump, riveting TV : eye roll

Yes, Washington is set up to do this along with a handful of other states, but can this be set up across the country in a few months?  There is so much hyperbole regarding the post office, but do all the local election offices and clerks have the manpower and equipment to verify a potential 10 fold increase in the numbers of mail-in ballots, verifying the person, and also determining if there may be duplicate votes (some people send in an absentee ballot, and also go to their local polling place just in case).  Add to that many states now have same day voter registration which the clerks have to deal with.  Can the entire country implement what Washington State did, sure, but I don't see it happening in a few months without there being a lot of questions from all sides.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Yes, Washington is set up to do this along with a handful of other states, but can this be set up across the country in a few months?  There is so much hyperbole regarding the post office, but do all the local election offices and clerks have the manpower and equipment to verify a potential 10 fold increase in the numbers of mail-in ballots, verifying the person, and also determining if there may be duplicate votes (some people send in an absentee ballot, and also go to their local polling place just in case).  Add to that many states now have same day voter registration which the clerks have to deal with.  Can the entire country implement what Washington State did, sure, but I don't see it happening in a few months without there being a lot of questions from all sides.

@CanAm1980 Not to mention that those states have been doing it a while now while other states have been handling mainly absentee ballots. So trying to throw together something that fast and in that magnitude for many states would be absolutely devastating. 

I think when it comes to being able to handle mail in voting increases, we should trust the experts: county clerks/registrars and secretaries of state. This is their job. They have access to information we don't. The rest of us are guessing. 

3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

The conspiracy gaslighting was really a dog whistle to ingrain in the heads of people that Trump is gonna pull some magic trick of oppression out of his hat, it's to seed unrest in people's heads so they again refuse to accept the 2020 election result if Trump wins, helps those that sowed those seeds compel people to riot and tear the country apart at a more fervent pace. This is why I said even if Trump wins, the GOP will have to show some backbone at some point because its going to escalate.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I think when it comes to being able to handle mail in voting increases, we should trust the experts: county clerks/registrars and secretaries of state. This is their job. They have access to information we don't. The rest of us are guessing. 

It is all speculation which is why both sides are making this an issue so as to capitalize on it come November 4th.  As I have stated many many times, I have no issues with absentee voting, people do it every election, and there is also a need for the voter to actually take responsibility to actually do it this way.  Sending out ballots to literally every person on out-dated voter registration roles can create a lot potential fraud.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

The conspiracy gaslighting was really a dog whistle to ingrain in the heads of people that Trump is gonna pull some magic trick of oppression out of his hat, it's to seed unrest in people's heads so they again refuse to accept the 2020 election result if Trump wins, helps those that sowed those seeds compel people to riot and tear the country apart at a more fervent pace. This is why I said even if Trump wins, the GOP will have to show some backbone at some point because its going to escalate.

Well as we are seeing, the DNC is doing all they can to place distrust in this election as well.  Miss Irrelevant even came out publicly with advice for Old Joe.  He may not actually remember that advice though.  The final winner will definitely have to show some backbone.

4 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

It is all speculation which is why both sides are making this an issue so as to capitalize on it come November 4th.  As I have stated many many times, I have no issues with absentee voting, people do it every election, and there is also a need for the voter to actually take responsibility to actually do it this way.  Sending out ballots to literally every person on out-dated voter registration roles can create a lot potential fraud.

We speculate, but people who are in charge of voting have facts and experience. If a state says we can handle it or not, I trust them more than what your feelings or my feelings or anyone's feelings are. This isn't anything personal about you or me in particular, it's just we don't know enough to do more than make guesses. We should listen to voting officials, not pundits, on this stuff.

20 minutes ago, laylalex said:

We speculate, but people who are in charge of voting have facts and experience. If a state says we can handle it or not, I trust them more than what your feelings or my feelings or anyone's feelings are. This isn't anything personal about you or me in particular, it's just we don't know enough to do more than make guesses. We should listen to voting officials, not pundits, on this stuff.

No need to make guesses, we see how that went in New York, New Jersey, and so on. So many voting irregularities and invalidated ballots it can massively swing an election by around 25%. On a nationwide scale, that's ridiculous, and only a state welcoming fraud would do it.

1 hour ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

No need to make guesses, we see how that went in New York, New Jersey, and so on. So many voting irregularities and invalidated ballots it can massively swing an election by around 25%. On a nationwide scale, that's ridiculous, and only a state welcoming fraud would do it.

New York I know -- they didn't have enough time to adjust to the number of ballots requested to vote at a distance. But they will have had another 5 months to address the problems. What is the solution when many, MANY people do not want to vote in person for legitimate reasons, and there is a system that exists for handling that but it isn't robust enough to handle the increase? The word "fraud" gets tossed around a lot, but we do not have any proof for it existing. Just a lot of... feelings. What is the solution for what is an actual problem now? Do we disenfranchise people who have genuine concerns about voting in person? Honestly, I haven't heard any real solutions from anyone except that we need better technology and more time... and we don't have either. I am open to hearing actual solutions to a real problem from any quarter at this point.

I admit to knowing nothing about New Jersey but will read about it later -- super busy today so just checking in and checking out so to speak. 9 1/2 weeks to the wedding, and even with only 8 people there (including us) my mom has decided that she needs to direct it like a blockbuster. :rolleyes: 

(PS -- I think we're actually working with many of the same concerns here, Burnt. :))

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

New York I know -- they didn't have enough time to adjust to the number of ballots requested to vote at a distance. But they will have had another 5 months to address the problems. What is the solution when many, MANY people do not want to vote in person for legitimate reasons, and there is a system that exists for handling that but it isn't robust enough to handle the increase? The word "fraud" gets tossed around a lot, but we do not have any proof for it existing. Just a lot of... feelings. What is the solution for what is an actual problem now? Do we disenfranchise people who have genuine concerns about voting in person? Honestly, I haven't heard any real solutions from anyone except that we need better technology and more time... and we don't have either. I am open to hearing actual solutions to a real problem from any quarter at this point.

I admit to knowing nothing about New Jersey but will read about it later -- super busy today so just checking in and checking out so to speak. 9 1/2 weeks to the wedding, and even with only 8 people there (including us) my mom has decided that she needs to direct it like a blockbuster. :rolleyes: 

(PS -- I think we're actually working with many of the same concerns here, Burnt. :))

And what do you consider "legitimate reasons"?  

The main issue I have with mass-mailing voters is that a very large number of people who shouldn't be voting will now have the ability to vote.  People move, addresses change.  I still get mail here from a previous tenant that has been gone for over a year.  Ballots can be intercepted, or stolen from mailboxes.  The process, as covered here several times, is completely different from requesting an absentee ballot, which requires multiple levels of identity verification.  As for "technology needed", it can be as simple as logging in to your state DMV site using the same login protocols as required to renew vehicle registration or a DL, with another feature of voting.  (still gets tricky with the illegal immigrants, of course, but that should make the dems happy)

Edited by Voice of Reason

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

And what do you consider "legitimate reasons"?  

The main issue I have with mass-mailing voters is that a very large number of people who shouldn't be voting will now have the ability to vote.  People move, addresses change.  I still get mail here from a previous tenant that has been gone for over a year.  Ballots can be intercepted, or stolen from mailboxes.  The process, as covered here several times, is completely different from requesting an absentee ballot, which requires multiple levels of identity verification.  As for "technology needed", it can be as simple as logging in to your state DMV site using the same login protocols as required to renew vehicle registration or a DL, with another feature of voting.  (still gets tricky with the illegal immigrants, of course, but that should make the dems happy)

heck i get government organization mail for the previous owner, who hasn't lived here for 20+ years

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This one's a must-read.

Gaslighting Democrats Claim Trump Will Win on Election Night, But Lose After Mail-In Ballots!

Sep 1, 2020

[...] we've got Axios with this story, "Bloomberg group warns Trump will appear to win big on election night," in a landslide, in fact.  It's gonna look like Trump's won in a landslide on election night.  But after the votes are all counted, he will ultimately lose.  Now, Axios then says, "Why this matters."

"Way more Democrats will vote by mail than Republicans, due to fears of the coronavirus, and it will take days if not weeks to tally these.  This means Trump, thanks to Republicans doing almost all of their voting in person, could hold big electoral college and popular vote leads on election night.  Imagine America, with its polarization and misinformation, if the vote tally swings wildly toward Joe Biden and Trump loses days later as the mail ballots are counted."

Continues here (and there is MUCH more): https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/09/01/gaslighting-democrats-claim-trump-will-win-on-election-night-but-lose-after-mail-in-ballots/  

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
8 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

This one's a must-read.

Sounds like a potential replay of the vote harvesting conducted in CA in 2018.

Here is another source with the same story.

THE DEMOCRATS EXPLAIN THEIR VOTER FRAUD PLANS

Yeah, right. Most people would say the salient point is that on election night, the Democrats know exactly how many ballots they need to fabricate to “win” a particular state–much like the “ballot harvesting” campaign that they carried out in California in 2018.

Perhaps the most notable feature of this story is that a relatively prominent Democratic Party news outlet acknowledges it is likely that President Trump will “seem” to have won a landslide victory on Election Day, so that “weeks” of post-election fraud by the Democrats will be needed to throw the election into chaos. Will that happen? At the moment, it seems likely.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/09/the-democrats-explain-their-voter-fraud-plans.php

https://www.axios.com/bloomberg-group-trump-election-night-scenarios-a554e8f5-9702-437e-ae75-d2be478d42bb.html?