Botoole

Embassy Interview Scheduling in Dublin, Ireland?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Does anybody know if the embassy in Dublin has started scheduling interviews yet? Has anybody been scheduled in the last few months/upcoming few months? I'm DQ'd here in Sydney but am considering changing my interview location back to Dublin (I'm Irish) if they're actively scheduling/interviewing back there (Sydney embassy has only been scheduling expedited requests) and they haven't hit their backlog yet it seems. Thanks.

12th Mar 2019 -> I-130 Submited

1st Apr 2019 -> NOA1

16th Mar 2020 -> I-130 Approved!

12th May 2020 -> Case Received by NVC

1st June 2020 -> Paid AOS and IV fee via CEAC

1st July 2020 -> DS-261 and AOS submitted via CEAC

12th Aug 2020 -> Case Complete (Documentarily Qualified)

18th Aug 2020 -> Expedite Request Sent to NVC

11th Sept 2020 -> Expedite Request Approved

21st Sept 2020 -> Case received at Consulate

29th Sept 2020 -> Interview Appointment Email Received

1st Oct 2020 -> Medical completed in Sydney

6th Oct 2020 -> Interiew (Verbally confirmed as approved subject to receipt of medical)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Botoole said:

Does anybody know if the embassy in Dublin has started scheduling interviews yet? Has anybody been scheduled in the last few months/upcoming few months? I'm DQ'd here in Sydney but am considering changing my interview location back to Dublin (I'm Irish) if they're actively scheduling/interviewing back there (Sydney embassy has only been scheduling expedited requests) and they haven't hit their backlog yet it seems. Thanks.

On the Embassy website they have updated it to state that as of July 24th they have resumed routine services in a limited capacity, which implies they are doing interviews again. However, I have yet to see anyone here waiting for the Dublin Embassy receiving any interviews. I have seen some interviews scheduled for Australia, although I'm not sure if they were all backlog and/or expedites. Based on the number of people I see on VJ awaiting IR-1/CR-1 from Australia, vs Ireland, I would guess that Ireland in general moves faster, but at the moment it doesn't seem like Ireland is moving much at all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
46 minutes ago, JenIE said:

On the Embassy website they have updated it to state that as of July 24th they have resumed routine services in a limited capacity, which implies they are doing interviews again. However, I have yet to see anyone here waiting for the Dublin Embassy receiving any interviews. I have seen some interviews scheduled for Australia, although I'm not sure if they were all backlog and/or expedites. Based on the number of people I see on VJ awaiting IR-1/CR-1 from Australia, vs Ireland, I would guess that Ireland in general moves faster, but at the moment it doesn't seem like Ireland is moving much at all.

Yeah that's my worry too. I'd want a bit more certainty before changing my interview location and packing up shop here -thanks though, still useful to know that's what they're officially reporting - it's something at least!

12th Mar 2019 -> I-130 Submited

1st Apr 2019 -> NOA1

16th Mar 2020 -> I-130 Approved!

12th May 2020 -> Case Received by NVC

1st June 2020 -> Paid AOS and IV fee via CEAC

1st July 2020 -> DS-261 and AOS submitted via CEAC

12th Aug 2020 -> Case Complete (Documentarily Qualified)

18th Aug 2020 -> Expedite Request Sent to NVC

11th Sept 2020 -> Expedite Request Approved

21st Sept 2020 -> Case received at Consulate

29th Sept 2020 -> Interview Appointment Email Received

1st Oct 2020 -> Medical completed in Sydney

6th Oct 2020 -> Interiew (Verbally confirmed as approved subject to receipt of medical)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Botoole said:

Yeah that's my worry too. I'd want a bit more certainty before changing my interview location and packing up shop here -thanks though, still useful to know that's what they're officially reporting - it's something at least!

Yea it's definitely frustrating no matter what not knowing for sure where things stand until you actually get an interview letter. I obsessively check the Embassy website, their Facebook, and Twitter to see if there are any updates --  I don't blame you for wanting a bit more certainty before moving that far!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.