karan97

Montreal Interview Date Timeline

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/9/2020 at 12:21 PM, Nat Leon said:
Hi guys,
Some cases that were at the NVC were shipped to the consulate yesterday, Dec 8th. Status changed to ''IN TRANSIT''. Let us know if your status has any updates so I can update the SS. Also, I invite yo guys to join the Facebook group called Montreal K1 Visa Applicants

Howdy. Our case left NVC Today if you want to update the sheet.

Will keep you posted when it gets to MTL.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, sunwu2298 said:

Hey, 

Any update for your application? 

My application was DQ in around July 2020, but no interview date yet. 

I have read some posts stating that it might take up to 10 months or something as the pandemic, I am not sure if there is any official estimate timeline,  it is more from other applicants real experience, but I think that will vary from person to person. 

Nothing yet. I am patiently waiting, I think we' ll get an interview date for March/April

6 minutes ago, karan97 said:

Nothing yet. I am patiently waiting, I think we' ll get an interview date for March/April

I am not sure, if that is the case, will be very happy, finger crossing. 

Have  you received the P3 package? For me, it seems my file is still with NVC

I have been debating if I should make a commitment for a job as the interview date is uncertain now. 

17 hours ago, sunwu2298 said:

I have been debating if I should make a commitment for a job as the interview date is uncertain now. 

If by P3 you mean a package containing interview date and all the documents that I should bring, then no I did not receive it. My personal suggestion would be to accept the job as I personally did last week because we are living in times of uncertainty and even if I am confident that the interview will come in a couple months, it is still not 100% sure.

Other than that above in the chat there is thread that has been start from other people that will have the interview in montreal same we us so you can refer to that. There's lots of people writing over there. 

17 hours ago, sunwu2298 said:

You can find lots of information here!

Ask me anything else you need or are worrying about, I am happy to help!

28 minutes ago, karan97 said:

You can find lots of information here!

Ask me anything else you need or are worrying about, I am happy to help!

Hey, 

Speaking of which, I received the interview notification today. Appt is in late March. 

Thank you for sharing the link for the other post, I will follow that thread as well. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, Chipper15 said:

Howdy. Our case left NVC Today if you want to update the sheet.

Will keep you posted when it gets to MTL.

Thanks!

So apparently our case didnt actually leave.

CEAC website says in transit however our lawyer spoke to NVC and they said it had not shipped and was still there but that it was going to be one of the next batches to go maybe.

Ran the DHL hack and it shows 4 packets were picked up. 

The spreadsheet shows at least 10 ppl got their intransit email.

oh well... guess we keep waiting.

DHL - NVC to MTL shipment.jpg

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Chipper15 said:

So apparently our case didnt actually leave.

CEAC website says in transit however our lawyer spoke to NVC and they said it had not shipped and was still there but that it was going to be one of the next batches to go maybe.

Ran the DHL hack and it shows 4 packets were picked up. 

The spreadsheet shows at least 10 ppl got their intransit email.

oh well... guess we keep waiting.

DHL - NVC to MTL shipment.jpg

Pieces does not equal individual cases. Each of those pieces are actually boxes on the shipment include dozens and dozens of cases. So your case is still probably in one of those packages. Also NVC is very wrong many times. When my case transferred to mtl in December, NVC told others that they didn’t actually send cases but they did. Plus in their announcement yesterday, Montreal did say they requested k1 cases from NVC.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, pooj97 said:

Pieces does not equal individual cases. Each of those pieces are actually boxes on the shipment include dozens and dozens of cases. So your case is still probably in one of those packages. Also NVC is very wrong many times. When my case transferred to mtl in December, NVC told others that they didn’t actually send cases but they did. Plus in their announcement yesterday, Montreal did say they requested k1 cases from NVC.

Hey thanks!

Thats great news!

Had seen somewhere that those were packets but i guess packets could mean packets of cases 💡

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 8/15/2020 at 3:57 PM, karan97 said:

Hi Guys,

my case has been approved by NVC alongside all the documents. 

They have emailed me mentioning that they will schedule an interview at Monteral's US consulate and get back to me.

Anyone knows' how long it takes to get an interview visa date in Montreal for a spouse green card?

I am Italian and resident on a work permit in Canada, will that help in getting an earlier date?

Thanks to whoever answers.

Hi...i am awaiting for my eb1 interview at Montreal consulate dq april2021

Please any help would be appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.