karan97

Montreal Interview Date Timeline

27 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

my case has been approved by NVC alongside all the documents. 

They have emailed me mentioning that they will schedule an interview at Monteral's US consulate and get back to me.

Anyone knows' how long it takes to get an interview visa date in Montreal for a spouse green card?

I am Italian and resident on a work permit in Canada, will that help in getting an earlier date?

Thanks to whoever answers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Montreal has not yet begun processing routine visa applications so your wait time is indefinite at this point. Being Italian on a work permit doesn’t put you at the front of the line-not sure why you think that could help get an earlier date 🤔 you are the same as everyone else. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, karan97 said:

Hi Guys,

They have emailed me mentioning that they will schedule an interview at Monteral's US consulate and get back to me.

Anyone knows' how long it takes to get an interview visa date in Montreal for a spouse green card?

I am Italian and resident on a work permit in Canada, will that help in getting an earlier date?

It's currently 8-10 months, but will be longer as the consulate has no timeline for reopening. The cancelled interviews were for people approved by the NVC in mid October- mid December 2019. 

Your work permit will not help you get an earlier date. In fact, if it expires before your interview you will need to renew it in order to be eligible to have your interview in Montreal. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

~~moved to Canada regional forum with other like topics from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I dont understand how people are getting these timelines! And no one is giving the same timeline either for Montreal 🤷‍♀️ Does anyone know if the Ir1/Cr1's are getting processed before the K visas now that they are starting to look through some applications? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Meghan.brooke said:

I dont understand how people are getting these timelines! And no one is giving the same timeline either for Montreal 🤷‍♀️ Does anyone know if the Ir1/Cr1's are getting processed before the K visas now that they are starting to look through some applications? 

The CR1/IR1 timelines you're seeing are based off of this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=1638721492

They are being processed before K1. They answered someone yesterday saying that K1 visas are not currently being processed because they are not mission critical, and also announced they'd be rescheduling the cancelled spousal interviews.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
3 hours ago, Meghan.brooke said:

This link here is a good reference for you to see how the operations are going in Montreal. https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/ 

Two days ago the chart on that page was showing all red - as in emergency only. Yesterday they announced on Twitter that they would be rescheduling the Spousal visa interviews that they cancelled (CR1/1R1). And today you can see the chart is showing greens and yellow for immigrant visas, so they're just getting back up and running now to reschedule the Spousal interviews that were cancelled from March and April. No K visas being processed yet as they are non-immigrant visas. 

As for actual timelines, prepare to wait a long time. I waited about 4 or 5 months just to get an interview date at Montreal for my CR1 visa BEFORE covid. So now, post covid, I imagine everything will slow down even longer because they have to catch up, and they also have to admit less people into the building at a time. Hope that helps a bit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Hadarah said:

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/ 

No K visas being processed yet as they are non-immigrant visas. 

But on the chart, it says immigrant AND fiance visas then there is the category of non immigrant visa which is in red still.

Of course marriage visas are mission critical so I understand K1 is not as prioritized but this is good news I think!

Thanks for pointing out the changes in their dots!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, :Sarah: said:

But on the chart, it says immigrant AND fiance visas then there is the category of non immigrant visa which is in red still.

Of course marriage visas are mission critical so I understand K1 is not as prioritized but this is good news I think!

Thanks for pointing out the changes in their dots!

Ah, you are correct :) Here's hoping the best for us all! I just heard of someone who got their 1R1 Interview Letter today :) So they really are working. Let's all keep looking up.

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2020 at 2:52 PM, Hadarah said:

This link here is a good reference for you to see how the operations are going in Montreal. https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/ 

Two days ago the chart on that page was showing all red - as in emergency only. Yesterday they announced on Twitter that they would be rescheduling the Spousal visa interviews that they cancelled (CR1/1R1). And today you can see the chart is showing greens and yellow for immigrant visas, so they're just getting back up and running now to reschedule the Spousal interviews that were cancelled from March and April. No K visas being processed yet as they are non-immigrant visas. 

As for actual timelines, prepare to wait a long time. I waited about 4 or 5 months just to get an interview date at Montreal for my CR1 visa BEFORE covid. So now, post covid, I imagine everything will slow down even longer because they have to catch up, and they also have to admit less people into the building at a time. Hope that helps a bit.

Hi, I’m also trying to get a timeline for my interview. Did you have to wait 4-5 months after NVC had already approved all of your documents? 

Timeline
23 hours ago, Jannick said:

Hi, I’m also trying to get a timeline for my interview. Did you have to wait 4-5 months after NVC had already approved all of your documents? 

Yep. And then covid happened, which added another 5 months. My VJ timeline has all the details feel free to take a look :) 

Timeline
On 10/20/2020 at 4:07 PM, Jannick said:

I’ve been waiting at NVC since January. Still no interview scheduled. It’s a long wait. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi guys,
Some cases that were at the NVC were shipped to the consulate yesterday, Dec 8th. Status changed to ''IN TRANSIT''. Let us know if your status has any updates so I can update the SS. Also, I invite yo guys to join the Facebook group called Montreal K1 Visa Applicants

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2020 at 3:57 PM, karan97 said:

Hi Guys,

Hey, 

Any update for your application? 

My application was DQ in around July 2020, but no interview date yet. 

I have read some posts stating that it might take up to 10 months or something as the pandemic, I am not sure if there is any official estimate timeline,  it is more from other applicants real experience, but I think that will vary from person to person. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.