Crtcl Rice Theory

Canada and the U.S. have agreed to extend current land border restrictions until Sept. 21

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am unsure where this goes.

Canada and the U.S. have agreed to extend current land border restrictions until Sept. 21, top border officials said Friday.

"We will continue to do what’s necessary to keep our communities safe," Public Safety Minister Bill Blair tweeted of the countries' "reciprocal restrictions" designed to help fight the spread of Covid-19

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/08/14/canada-us-border-restrictions-september-395295

I think this will end after the USA elections. I do not bet, but remember my words Covid will disappear on November 4th :D they need to play covid card... if they lose elections this card is useless 😂 my guess is that no interviews before November 3rd! We are almost there ladies and gentlemen! 😍 btw Canadians can fly to USA right? Just not land border. 

Timeline

Even if the foreign national is coming to Canada to witness the birth of their first-born child, they still have to demonstrate that they have a plan to isolate themselves for the 14-day quarantine requirement for most in-coming travellers, otherwise, they may be denied entry. If the foreign national was a grandparent of that newborn baby, their reason for travel would not be considered “essential.”

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/05/how-cbsa-determines-essential-travel-revealed-in-internal-memo-0514463.html#gs.cx1zkd

2 hours ago, U2k said:

I think this will end after the USA elections. I do not bet, but remember my words Covid will disappear on November 4th :D they need to play covid card... if they lose elections this card is useless 😂 my guess is that no interviews before November 3rd! We are almost there ladies and gentlemen! 😍 btw Canadians can fly to USA right? Just not land border. 

What are you trying to say?

Personal opinion, the border won't be back to normal-ish until next spring...

I'm planning to go for a few months this fall.  Apartment ready for my quarantine, only need to set up the internet again.

Will be harder over the Holidays. Blah.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Personal opinion, the border won't be back to normal-ish until next spring...

I'm planning to go for a few months this fall.  Apartment ready for my quarantine, only need to set up the internet again.

Will be harder over the Holidays. Blah.

I can work remotely from anywhere, so isolation isn't a huge deal. My wife needs to be on-site for work so they are isolation means 10 days on the Washington side and 14 days on the BC side, 24 days without being available to work. Her employer won't give her the time off.

14 hours ago, CanAm1980 said:

I can work remotely from anywhere, so isolation isn't a huge deal. My wife needs to be on-site for work so they are isolation means 10 days on the Washington side and 14 days on the BC side, 24 days without being available to work. Her employer won't give her the time off.

While my husband can work remotely, he's going to stay home, hold the fort.  We never spent as much time together as we did so far, we'll be ok apart for a couple of months. 

Here it's 14 days both ways 😕 Going a few months make sense, since I am not able to go often with these requirements.

3 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Both ways? Which US state do you live in?

MA.

To be clear, I'm ok with isolating myself, it just makes things more complicated.

Edited by Lemonslice

10 minutes ago, HRQX said:

"Quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts.https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order

I have the luxury to be able to stay at home, isolate myself, and keep my community safe. I'll do it.

Useful for others who can't though.

3 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

While my husband can work remotely, he's going to stay home, hold the fort.

When you return to MA, are you going to completely isolate from him? https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order

"The requirements for quarantining are as follows:

• Travelers, along with their travel party, must separate from all other people for 14 days.
  • Travelers must not be in public or otherwise leave the identified quarters.
  • The living quarters must have a separate bathroom facility for each individual or family group. Access to a sink with soap, water, and paper towels is necessary. Cleaning supplies (e.g. household cleaning wipes, bleach) must be available in the bathroom.
  • Travelers must have a way to self-quarantine from other household members if a fever or other symptoms develop, in a separate room(s) with a door.
  • During the quarantine period, no one else should be in the living quarters other than those in the Travel Party, including hotel staff or delivery persons, as applicable.
  • Food must be delivered to the living quarters.
  • Travelers must have a sufficient supply of face masks or face coverings to wear and must be compliant with the Massachusetts’ masking order https://www.mass.gov/doc/may-1-2020-masks-and-face-coverings/download.
  • Travelers are not to leave their living quarters except to receive urgent medical care.
  • Travelers should engage in proper hygiene including washing hands frequently using soap and water for at least 20 seconds.  If soap and water are not available, an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol may be used.
  • Travelers should remain aware of potential COVID like symptoms including: fever (temperature over 100.0 degrees); cough; difficulty breathing; shortness of breath; chills; muscle or body aches; runny nose or nasal congestion; new loss of taste or smell; headache; nausea; vomiting or diarrhea. Travelers with any of these symptoms should immediately contact a healthcare provider.
  • If no one in the Travel Party develops symptoms, then the travel party may continue with their normal activities after 14 days."

Maybe consider also getting the COVID test for some flexibility.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.