Venus344

Name and A Number on Evidence

7 posts in this topic

Do we need to put the immigrant name and A number on supporting evidence of our marriage (ex tax transcripts, birth certificates, bank statements, etc)? I never did this with any of our other petitions in the past, but then I read the following on the USCIS website: If you have any attachments, make sure each attached page has your name and A-Number (if any). You may also number the pages and include the total amount of pages being attached (for example, “page 1 of 11”). I thought you only did this if you needed to add extra pages to explain answers on your form or should the evidence have the name and A number on it as well? Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It's really a safety thing.  Imagine a case officer getting a large packet of papers and accidently dropping them, or having a rubber band break or having an alligator clip snap.  If you have your name and A-number on a page, then the likelihood of your papers getting back into the packet is better.

This is the reason that USCIS prefers two-hole punch ACCO clips.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

On 8/14/2020 at 8:12 AM, Sukie said:

It's really a safety thing.  Imagine a case officer getting a large packet of papers and accidently dropping them, or having a rubber band break or having an alligator clip snap.  If you have your name and A-number on a page, then the likelihood of your papers getting back into the packet is better.

This is the reason that USCIS prefers two-hole punch ACCO clips.

Sukie in NY

I have currently heard two totally different side:

1) Use 2-hole punch ACCO clips so that the files are more organized (This is what I thought as well)

2) Just use a big clip because the contractor will remove everything and scan all the documents. So 2-hole punch ACCO clips is just waste of time and increase for workload for the contractor. And you documents ends up the same than not using hole puncher.

As a result, I would like to ask:

1) Is it true that the contractor will remove everything than just scan the pages? 

2) Will the agent who is reviewing my case, actually receive the folder that i put my documents in? (I am not sure if they will mail my package to the case agent? Or they will send send the digital copy through email or something for the agent to review)

Thanks a lot!

Edited by frank19910210

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2020 First of 90-day window
  • 09/14/2020 : Sent to USCIS Arizona Lockbox by UPS
  • 09/15/2020 : Arrived at Arizona Lockbox
  • 09/23/2020 : Receipt Msg, Service center: EAC
  • 09/25/2020 : NOA Received, dated 09/18/2020
  • 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied
  • 04/25/2021 : New Card Is Being Produced

N-400 --> Citizenship application (September 2021) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2021 First of 90-day window

On 8/14/2020 at 7:52 AM, Venus344 said:

Do we need to put the immigrant name and A number on supporting evidence of our marriage (ex tax transcripts, birth certificates, bank statements, etc)? I never did this with any of our other petitions in the past, but then I read the following on the USCIS website: If you have any attachments, make sure each attached page has your name and A-Number (if any). You may also number the pages and include the total amount of pages being attached (for example, “page 1 of 11”). I thought you only did this if you needed to add extra pages to explain answers on your form or should the evidence have the name and A number on it as well? Thanks

I actually thought the same than you. And this is how some people interpreted as well. Attachment refers to the extra explanation you would have to provide for the application form, rather than the evidence (And you can see, the terminology they use if different: "Attachement" and "Evidence of Relationship") 

I am also afraid that this would count as an alteration of document. Plus, it is not possible to stamp at the same place for every page unless you print with margins

So I am not sure if I want to do this. What do you think @Sukie?

Edited by frank19910210

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, frank19910210 said:

I have currently heard two totally different side:

1) Use 2-hole punch ACCO clips so that the files are more organized (This is what I thought as well)

2) Just use a big clip because the contractor will remove everything and scan all the documents. So 2-hole punch ACCO clips is just waste of time and increase for workload for the contractor. And you documents ends up the same than not using hole puncher.

As a result, I would like to ask:

1) Is it true that the contractor will remove everything than just scan the pages? 

2) Will the agent who is reviewing my case, actually receive the folder that i put my documents in? (I am not sure if they will mail my package to the case agent? Or they will send send the digital copy through email or something for the agent to review)

Thanks a lot!

Considering people do a variety of things, in the grand scheme, it does not really matter which of the two. What's important is sending and signing everything that's required. I've always used either paper clips or binder clips lots of people do fancy things with acco clips and post it paper etc. Either way is going to be accepted and have your case processed. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, frank19910210 said:

I actually thought the same than you. And this is how some people interpreted as well. Attachment refers to the extra explanation you would have to provide for the application form, rather than the evidence (And you can see, the terminology they use if different: "Attachement" and "Evidence of Relationship") 

I am also afraid that this would count as an alteration of document. Plus, it is not possible to stamp at the same place for every page unless you print with margins

So I am not sure if I want to do this. What do you think @Sukie?

I'm guessing we overdid it when we put it on every page of evidence.  We were paranoid!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

18 hours ago, Sukie said:

I'm guessing we overdid it when we put it on every page of evidence.  We were paranoid!

Sukie in NY

19 hours ago, Thegirl said:

Considering people do a variety of things, in the grand scheme, it does not really matter which of the two. What's important is sending and signing everything that's required. I've always used either paper clips or binder clips lots of people do fancy things with acco clips and post it paper etc. Either way is going to be accepted and have your case processed. 

okay thank you very much for the feedback :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.