no name

UK posts being made invisible

253 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
TO EVERYONE: Stay on topic and lets make this a constructive conversation. If you want a side bar take it to PM please. No attcking each other, no digging up the past. This post was doing great and getting some constructive new ideas so lets keep it on topic please :).

Seriously, this is what I'm talking about. The ADMIN & mods are in this topic, yet Joe has been allowed to go on & on & insult?

He did three posts in the space of about 5 minutes. We are not superhuman, we do not have the ability to type at 2000 wpm! I'm not sitting here monitoring this thread.

You are all for leaving posts visible. Are you now saying that you feel these posts SHOULD be made invisible?

Edited by mags

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO EVERYONE: Stay on topic and lets make this a constructive conversation. If you want a side bar take it to PM please. No attcking each other, no digging up the past. This post was doing great and getting some constructive new ideas so lets keep it on topic please :).

Seriously, this is what I'm talking about. The ADMIN & mods are in this topic, yet Joe has been allowed to go on & on & insult?

I haven't insulted you. However, the one who said my posts were pointless and inflammatory insulted me. But I'm not going to make a big deal about it.

If I were going to insult you I'd do it via PM so as not to cause a disturbance. You would then be free to report it. However, I did not insult you. Why would I insult someone who inspired me to make a great signature?

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

I completely understand what you mean, and by the way, I did think that you had a right to the statement that you made, as I told Ewok. The problem, for me, is consistency, not censorship. I think if deleting posts were a *more* regular occurrence, people would just get used to it.

*runs and hides*

If it became more common, I'd stop posting here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

example on how NOT to act on a thread so a flame war doesnt start i nominate the behavior of JoeCanuk

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I have seen in several threads lately people tattling saying things like "well let's just see what Ewok has to say about this.." or yelling for the Mods like they are going to run to be there instantly, etc. Just report something or contact a Mod if you think it goes against the TOS. They move as fast as they can on something I'm sure.

And if you are in the process of attacking someone back, don't think the mods will only support your side. It goes both ways. I'm not even just referring to this situation but recently in other situations too. It's like "I'm reporting you, Stupid, for calling me dumb!"

I don't have any suggestions at the moment about the moderating. I think they are doing a good job. I'm sure they will figure out some ways to do things better, it's a learning process.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline

He did three posts in the space of about 5 minutes. We are not superhuman, we do not have the ability to type at 2000 wpm! I'm not sitting here monitoring this thread.

You are all for leaving posts visible. Are you now saying that you feel these posts SHOULD be made invisible?

Capn replied twice about it during that time, yet nothing has happened.

It's not censorship when you don't have the right to say what you want in the first place. You prove it with your last sentence. Even though I did nothing wrong. And I'll repeat what someone else said on the first page of this thread: The OP was inflammatory...along with being pointless.
censorship |ˈsensərˌ sh ip|

noun

the practice of officially examining books, movies, etc., and suppressing unacceptable parts : details of the visit were subject to military censorship.

Censorship has nothing to do with if you had the right to say something in the first place. If you post something, and someone removes it, its censorship. Plain and simple. You don't seem to understand this, and appear to be mixing up censorship with "The right to Free Speech". Nobody has the right to free speech here, as anything can be censored.

It has everything to do with it. If you don't have the right to freedom of speech, then you are not being censored. If you're in the military and you are not allowed to tell the enemy your nation's secrets are you going to say that's censorship? If you post something and someone removes it, that is not censorship because a) you are a guest and you do not have the right to just say whatever you want and B) the mods feel it broke the rules. Ergo, that is not censorship. You're right, nobody has the right to free speech here (I've been saying that), therefore, nothing is censored.

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

08/18 Married

12/22 AP arrives in mail

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline
I guess I just don't understand what the big deal is about a censored post, really.

I would have said the same thing before it happened to me! I just don't think it's fair that in the past, one thread always sticks out in my mind-the one where I told everyone what happened at our interview and instead of getting support literally it was like a gang attack-and other more recent situations where people are getting away with saying things that are downright HATEFUL and cruel, and I can't speak my mind the one time when I decide to do so...it pretty much sucks.

I completely understand what you mean, and by the way, I did think that you had a right to the statement that you made, as I told Ewok. The problem, for me, is consistency, not censorship. I think if deleting posts were a *more* regular occurrence, people would just get used to it.

*runs and hides*

Thanks, and I think you're probably right. We would get used to it. Only thing I would like to see is that policy to be applied equally and fairly. I feel like it will be difficult to make that happen.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Going forward, I'd like to see:

- invisibility as last result. It is big brother & unneccessary unless racist, threatening, etc.

- warnings to chill out

- consistency in which posts get censored

- less bias

-If a threadmust be name changed, say why. This thread had no business being renamed, or moved.

I do appreciate your work, mods!

I have to say, devilette, I agree with this post entirely!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I stumbled across this, I do not think I have previously crossed swords with anybody invloved.

I went and looked at the thread, it looked very tame, the OP was the one geting emotonal it seemed to me.

I also went back and looked at her previous posts, just to get a flavour. All I can say is that she is hardly in a position to complain about a brusque approach anyway.

When it comes down to it if you want to get personal on an open board, then you live of die with the consequences.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

And what did he say? He said there was no TOS violation and he asked us ALL to keep it constructive. He was talking to you too.

08/18 Married

12/22 AP arrives in mail

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

Filed: Timeline
Going forward, I'd like to see:

- invisibility as last result. It is big brother & unneccessary unless racist, threatening, etc.

- warnings to chill out

- consistency in which posts get censored

- less bias

-If a threadmust be name changed, say why. This thread had no business being renamed, or moved.

I do appreciate your work, mods!

I have to say, devilette, I agree with this post entirely!

:o:lol:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's not what I asked you, D. I asked you about your opinion regarding the posts and making them invisible. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.