no name

UK posts being made invisible

253 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
Yanno, first people are screaming for mods, now it's censorship...

see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going forward, I'd like to see:

- invisibility as last result. It is big brother & unneccessary unless racist, threatening, etc.

- warnings to chill out

- consistency in which posts get censored

- less bias

-If a threadmust be name changed, say why. This thread had no business being renamed, or moved.

I do appreciate your work, mods!

Am I the only one who doesn't really give a sh!t what Devilette would like to see? I wasn't aware she had suddenly become board owner.

suggestions were asked for Platy. :star:

Sorry.... I got through most of the first page and all I saw was "Me! Me! Me!" type stuff, and it really got to me.

Sorry to lal or me?

Lal

Am I the only one who thinks this is another Devilette vs. Mags vs. H_A vs. UK Forum vs. whatever thing?

I think it just boils down to this.

Some people think some mods are biased. Others don't.

Some people think posts shouldn't be removed without warning or explanation. Others don't.

And I think, some people should grow the fark up or get the fark out. But no one cares about what I think. :P

Filed: Timeline
But then HA's posts were never made invisible and I see PlatyPius's post 7 ish back hasn't either, when it clearly should, so there's no point in this thread really.

It's not what you know, it's who you know?

If Mags is asked to ban me, she will. I expect no special treatment. I simply have no tolerance for those who habitually go from thread to thread making snippy little comments to people who didn't deserve it. With the person in question, this has been an escalating habit - more since "organizer" was added to her title.

As for others, I don't know if Ewok even knows that Mags is my wife. I wouldn't expect that to affect his decisions, though. Mags has asked me to chill out, so I will do so. She doesn't want me to put her in an "awkward position". After making a few crude comments to her, I pointed out that it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. If I get in trouble, I get in trouble. I can only take so much of the "oh! I'm so persecuted! Look at all of the people picking on me!!!" martyr ####### before I have to say something. I've done so now, and will shut up about it.

Just don't think for one second that Mags wouldn't ban my ### - she would.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Am I the only one who thinks this is another Devilette vs. Mags vs. H_A vs. UK Forum vs. whatever thing?

I have to admit, I have no idea what you mean by "another" Devilette vs Mags thing. I'm honestly quite stupefied by this comment.

Damn right I would.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Damn right I would.

LOL! :P

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

I have to admit, I have no idea what you mean by "another" Devilette vs Mags thing. I'm honestly quite stupefied by this comment.

OK. Let's delete the another in that sentence. How's that?

Timeline

I can't delete. :P

Seriously though, regardless what anyone here thinks, in the majority of cases I don't actually look at who the poster is with regards to inflammatory posts. I treat each thread as an individual item and judge it from there on in.

It is easier for people to say "you show preference!" or "it's who you know!" because many people thrive on drama online. It really doesn't affect me at all, simply because I know that I remain as impartial as is humanly possible.

If there is a specific poster who continues to post inflammatory things then I will obviously have to take notice. This is rare and I can only think of a small handful on VJ who fit into that criteria. If people are reported to me aswell, then I will take notice and, if required, PM the Captain for his further advice. Lal and I also talk regularly to discuss board matters, we help each other out and this is great. It enables us to think things through before taking certain actions.

I can't delete. :P

Seriously though, regardless what anyone here thinks, in the majority of cases I don't actually look at who the poster is with regards to inflammatory posts. I treat each thread as an individual item and judge it from there on in.

It is easier for people to say "you show preference!" or "it's who you know!" because many people thrive on drama online. It really doesn't affect me at all, simply because I know that I remain as impartial as is humanly possible.

If there is a specific poster who continues to post inflammatory things then I will obviously have to take notice. This is rare and I can only think of a small handful on VJ who fit into that criteria. If people are reported to me aswell, then I will take notice and, if required, PM the Captain for his further advice. Lal and I also talk regularly to discuss board matters, we help each other out and this is great. It enables us to think things through before taking certain actions.

Yeah.

I was being serious, as well.

And I wasn't actually stating that you ARE taking sides. Just stating what was implied in this thread. I didn't say anything about you showing preference or who knows who or who kisses ####### where.

From what I remember and read before, this has been brought up before and I can't be bothered to find the specific threads or posts but someone complained about you taking sides before when it came to H_A. That's all.

And all I was saying, was that this thread seems to be more a hissy fit thing about that, again.

And that's all I'm stating.

I'm out.

Timeline
Yeah.

And I wasn't actually stating that you ARE taking sides. Just stating what was implied in this thread. I didn't say anything about you showing preference or who knows who or who kisses ####### where.

From what I remember and read before, this has been brought up before and I can't be bothered to find the specific threads or posts but someone complained about you taking sides before when it came to H_A. That's all.

And all I was saying, was that this thread seems to be more a hissy fit thing about that, again.

I'm out.

Anyone who knows me on this boards will know that I like to try and lighten the mood a little. Sometimes it falls flat, so flat that the tumbleweeds start flying by, other times it helps to diffuse a tricky situation. *shrugs*

I know you were being serious, but I really can't actually delete specific things out of peoples' posts.

Yes, I have been accused by someone of showing favouritism towards H_A. The irony of that accusation is immense, I won't go into details as I consider behind the scenes issues to be exactly that, behind the scenes.

I wasn't actually aiming the remainder of my post at you in particular, btw. Sorry if you took it that way.

Yeah.

I'm out.

Anyone who knows me on this boards will know that I like to try and lighten the mood a little. Sometimes it falls flat, so flat that the tumbleweeds start flying by, other times it helps to diffuse a tricky situation. *shrugs*

I know. :D Love the hat, btw.

Timeline
Yeah.

I'm out.

I know. :D Love the hat, btw.

They ARE rather lovely, aren't they? :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Damn right I would.

and banished to the couch too :D

LAL_MOD.jpgMODSIAN-1.jpg

Now Yodrak needs a hat to make it all complete...

i'd have to hear from him first :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Damn right I would.

LAL_MOD.jpgMODSIAN-1.jpg

He needs a ninja bunny hat.

images.jpg

Timeline

Damn right I would.

LAL_MOD.jpgMODSIAN-1.jpg

He needs a ninja bunny hat.

images.jpg

How cool is that hat? :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.