Burnt Reynolds

Nationwide riot megathread

1,126 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, laylalex said:

What about the rioting last weekend in DC and Olympia? Several churches were desecrated in DC, banners torn from the front of the churches and set on fire, and a Trump supporter shot someone in Olympia. There were some horrific videos I watched of Proud Boys beating people up. It is not okay, whoever does these things.

Feel free to contribute.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-supporters-counterprotesters-clash-olympia-wa

Trump supporters, counterprotesters violently clash in Olympia; 1 shot, 2 arrested

Sounds like a clash with the BLM/fascists and a pro Trump group with violence from both sides.

Who did the shooting?

How is this acceptable? https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/inequality-in-america/dc-church-vandalism-exposes-divisions-over-faith-and-politics/2509294/

Whatever you think of BLM, going onto church property and setting banners ablaze is just as much a crime as any of the property damage we saw this summer. Call it out wherever it is. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

Who did the shooting?

How is this acceptable? https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/inequality-in-america/dc-church-vandalism-exposes-divisions-over-faith-and-politics/2509294/

Whatever you think of BLM, going onto church property and setting banners ablaze is just as much a crime as any of the property damage we saw this summer. Call it out wherever it is. 

Feel free to call it out all you want.  I have no idea who did the shooting or why there was shooting, this is what the Criminal Justice system is for.  I certainly don’t condone anyone doing property damage, but I don’t think the Proud Boys have been tearing up cities for the last six months straight.

52 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Feel free to call it out all you want.  I have no idea who did the shooting or why there was shooting, this is what the Criminal Justice system is for.  I certainly don’t condone anyone doing property damage, but I don’t think the Proud Boys have been tearing up cities for the last six months straight.

If there's not a "call out" shots game there should be. Virtue signal horseshoes? Nonetheless, when someone offers no evidence and wants me to focus on "outcome", I look at processes.. nuance.. context.

Even being highly skeptical of the Proud Boys (I know Cyber won't like reading it but it is what it is), watching how they promote themselves, how Antifa/BLM, the media, etc. narrate them, and everything in between, I almost exclusively see, when they are involved in violent clashes, it's with Antifa/BLM. I also notice the correlation of the geography of where they wind up and the excessive tolerance for Antifa/BLM lawlessness, refusal to prosecute (for rioting, violence, looting, arson, etc.. for domestic terrorism). It isn't a surprise that when local jurisdictions pull back and allow these people to wreak havoc, someone just might step up and fill that void. What is Proud Boys then, other than people who show up to fight Antifa, if the local jurisdictions are putting these piles of trash behind bars for a long time for seizing parts of cities, trying to burn down buildings, and so on? I'd have a hard time saying. But in the absence of law enforcement, they look like a check on those extremists which actually seems to serve a purpose. The solution is easy, and really should've never got to this point -- enforce your damn laws. These politicians helped create and fan these flames with radical and sudden policy shifts because they're pathetic people, and likely trying to divert unwanted attention away from them and toward the groups below. Distraction politics (misdirection) is nothing new.

If a Proud Boys or Antifa/BLM person got shot simply fighting one another, oh well for any of them. Don't be stupid then. I'm not going to feel bad for either one of them trying to position themselves as victims if they're seeking confrontation for no other reason than because they are diametric opposites.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

2 hours ago, laylalex said:

What about the rioting last weekend in DC and Olympia? Several churches were desecrated in DC, banners torn from the front of the churches and set on fire, and a Trump supporter shot someone in Olympia. There were some horrific videos I watched of Proud Boys beating people up. It is not okay, whoever does these things.

Hey the people in DC were just peacefully protesting right? At least that's what we heard from the left for 6 months now. Not to mention they just tore down and burned two BLM signs that was it. They didn't actually loot, rob, vandalize, or burn down any buildings did they? 

41 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Hey the people in DC were just peacefully protesting right? At least that's what we heard from the left for 6 months now. Not to mention they just tore down and burned two BLM signs that was it. They didn't actually loot, rob, vandalize, or burn down any buildings did they? 

Watch how much a ruckus the left make if someone so much as paints over a BLM street mural -- they want to charge people with a hate crime and flip their lid. You see how zealous they are about enforcement of virus measures, and how much they belittle people with terms like "freedumbs". But attacking police, trying to burn down buildings and precincts, burn down federal courthouses, destroying property all over the place and looting.. overwhelmingly, crickets. It's a very safe assumption that they are supporters of this.

To add, because the edit timer cut me off.. it's why in places with left wing homogeneity their very elected officials representing their views pull their police back, let their local demons run riot all over town, even seize small sections of it, while performing ceremonial arrests with immediate release+refusal to charge, turning around and gaslighting to the rest of the country about the "white supremacists" doing all this. We already know what would happen if this were conservative groups doing this stuff.

It's a method of psychological paralysis they use upon the hapless populace (through their own fault of repeatedly appealing to it) approaching this in good faith, keeping that said populace pointlessly trying to prove to the left the harm and dangers of what they support, but they're appealing to a logic criteria the left designed to never meet, and that's where much of the circular discourse plays out on social media. The people waste their time, and wasted time means inaction, which is what allows further propagation of this extremism while people are paralyzed. It really shouldn't be a shock, this is why we have history books.. this is straight out of the Bolshevik playbook for seizing power. Of course, as I explain as well, it doesn't end as they think it does. These people are basically pawns and they're only being allowed to wreak as much havoc as the actual people in power allow to keep the public off their butts. Simple as that. These populist movements on the left and right have been very problematic for them, especially the right wing version of it because it got Trump elected. But not to worry, the wretched US foreign policy of the last half century of systematically screwing with countries around the world has it so intelligence bureaus know how to create instability based on their assessment of the bigger threat to their desired power structure. They just turned it inward when they saw a threat to it. That's why you see them playing coy about Antifa even though they surely see what's in front of their face. People know this, they see it, but again, paralysis.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Are you seriously okay with the vandalization and desecration of a church? They went on church property and destroyed church property. Those banners belonged to African-American churches that have lived and fought and died for the proposition that Black lives matter for centuries. 

I am really disappointed if this is the case. You're better than this; all of you who liked the comment are better than this. :( This isn't a whataboutism. I am not religious, but I recognize the particular pain that vandalism of sacred spaces causes to believers. 

Just... wow. Wow.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Are you seriously okay with the vandalization and desecration of a church? They went on church property and destroyed church property. Those banners belonged to African-American churches that have lived and fought and died for the proposition that Black lives matter for centuries. 

I am really disappointed if this is the case. You're better than this; all of you who liked the comment are better than this. :( This isn't a whataboutism. I am not religious, but I recognize the particular pain that vandalism of sacred spaces causes to believers. 

Just... wow. Wow.

what many of us feel ( i suppose) is that while what went on at this church isn't anything to cheer about, overall it pales in comparison to what has been going on in many us cities - looting, arson, and other acts of violence on a constant basis.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

3 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

what many of us feel ( i suppose) is that while what went on at this church isn't anything to cheer about, overall it pales in comparison to what has been going on in many us cities - looting, arson, and other acts of violence on a constant basis.

That is phrasing it in a way that comes across as in good faith. :) I get that and appreciate it. But it's an incident that is part of the same continuum of violence. We need to speak about ALL of it, wherever it happens, whoever does it. I don't (and this is just my opinion) think that it's okay to say it's "just" this or "at least it isn't" that. All of it is part of the same problem, wherever its source.

9 hours ago, laylalex said:

That is phrasing it in a way that comes across as in good faith. :) I get that and appreciate it. But it's an incident that is part of the same continuum of violence. We need to speak about ALL of it, wherever it happens, whoever does it. I don't (and this is just my opinion) think that it's okay to say it's "just" this or "at least it isn't" that. All of it is part of the same problem, wherever its source.

"Speaking" does nothing. "ALL"? I don't believe that for a second. The elephant in the room when it comes to black lives is plainly ignored by people professing to care about blacks because substantively putting in the work to help blacks change (rather than the hollow virtue signaling of "calling" random things "out" which is a way people pat themselves on the back for doing nothing at all) it means less political clout (dominance) for them. It's precisely why in Democrat run minority-prevalent jurisdictions, especially the ones run for 10, 30, 50+ years, you don't see anything change. All this is, is a distraction, which is why it rightfully gets ignored.

10 hours ago, laylalex said:

Just... wow. Wow.

No, I am never ok with any kind of vandalization or desecration of a church or anything else for that matter. But I keep seeing stuff from the Left saying that it is ok for them to desecrate and vandalize anything they want in the pursuit of justice. For example there is a memorial for the 300 dead Confederate soldiers buried there and it is located on private property in my town. That statue was vandalized back in June because of "Justice" and many on the Left said it was ok because they were "fighting for slavery and racism". Not to mention I don't feel bad when Antifa and BLM came to counter protest the Proud Boys with knives and weapons. Which they ended up sending for 4 PBs to the hospital with stab wounds. So excuse me if I am not sympathetic when people do this after seeing their people get stabbed

12 hours ago, laylalex said:

I think I agree with what you're saying, until you use big words like continuum which just confuse me. 

I remember when the riots first started in D.C. and people actually set fire to a church.  That then led to Trump taking his walk to the church to take pictures with a Bible.  Too many people on both sides have lost perspective and are just out of control.  Now Trump supporters are vandalizing a church?  I guess now Biden gets to take pictures in front of a church.

One thing that really bothers me is that there are too many people just looking for confrontations now.  So some Trump supporters were having a march.  Why did there need to be counter-protesters?  Just ignore the Trump people and eventually they'll go home.  I don't know that there has been a Trump rally/protest that turned violent without there being counter-protesters.  

And why bother with counter-protesting?  Trump lost.  Let his people have their protest, they'll go home, and Biden is still going to be President.  With the way things are now, I don't see how the country turns it around.