Burnt Reynolds

Nationwide riot megathread

1,126 posts in this topic

So even if you /spoiler at the end, it forces the rest of the post into a spoiler tag and causes all the subsequent spoiler tags to be placed inside the first spoiler. (not even a situation where you're having spoiler tags inside spoiler tags, it's just turning it into that)

Not sure its even worth complaining about.

-------

On Philly and the background of the person who committed suicide by cop by charging them with a knife, the person and situation (that no one with a brain buys) being used to justify a recent spike in rioting and looting:

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Driving over fireworks is always a good idea.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

What is left out there about LA though is that the Dodgers won the World Series last night. Not that it's an excuse, but people tend to lose their minds all over the place when there's a national championship, not just this year, and not just baseball. We didn't have anything "move" here, like an infection -- this was homegrown fan stupidity. 8 people arrested last night.

And the idiots who caused the problems were Dodgers fans, not Antifa. This is what really happened: https://abc7.com/dodgers-win-world-series-celebration-fireworks-rays/7416923/  Blaming the boogeyman Antifa takes away from the reality that these were our own idiots of every political opinion. 

We're also very well aware here about what happened last night, it was kind of huge news. Nothing is being "uncovered" here. It's wall to wall Dodgers coverage, including the stupidity last night.

Rioters and looters will find any justification to cause chaos, just as they are in Philly doing so for a knife wielding maniac being shot chasing police with it, and New York because Philly/LA Dodgers won/etc. 

I see only minor evidence so far that any number of the LA people were Antifa but did notice BLM presence (they overlap significantly with Antifa) and one of their organizations that bails them out when they get arrested wearing their little green hats. 

Dude, there are a LOT of people in LA who support BLM and wear BLM clothes/hats. It means zip about them being Antifa, and often zip about much more than a fashion statement, sadly. With all due respect, you are not here and I am much closer to what is going on. The people who were rioting last night were straight up idiots, some of whom support BLM because there is a lot of BLM support here. Not a single news source in LA -- our local broadcast media aren't exactly flying the Antifa flag here, trust me -- has reported on it. If some rando on Twitter shouts "Antifa in LA!" it means nothing. The stations have reporters on the ground who have been working their beats for years. If they're not talking about Antifa, there's probably nothing there. For local reporting, the radio and TV stations are way, way better here than anything in print or online media. If something's going down, everybody goes straight to them.

I do not disagree that there are always people there looking to cause chaos in situations like these. But what happened last night wasn't about BLM, and it wasn't about Antifa. It was about a bunch of idiots using the championship as an excuse to smash stuff, attack people, etc. It's not like this has been limited in the past to big cities either -- I always think about the Keene, NH pumpkin riots. Get a bunch of young, bored, drunk men together and add some "excitement" like a pumpkin festival or winning the World Series, and this stuff happens.

I dunno what to say to this, other than, I'm not going to defer/acquiesce to you just because you say you're in the LA area, and also most of what you're saying comes from conflating what someone in a Twitter post said with me. All I initially said to the LA riots/looting was about the masks. Then I said something about the legal org helping Antifa and BLM being present. While I identified them by their hats (and clearly contrasting with LA Dodgers gear people are wearing), the reason I know it's them (and will stick by that) is the garb they wear wasn't just a green hat, and most of all, their canvassing behavior I witnessed in several videos I've also seen in other riots, I just forget which ones.. I'll venture an educated guess of Seattle and Portland. What I find inexcusable is to dismiss this as "celebratory", people celebrating don't attack police (the one where they were lined up on the sides of the road with police zooming by and them pelting the vehicles with bottles, rocks, etc. like shooting fish in a barrell can easily kill those officers) and don't destroy buildings and loot. There were also BLM people there pitching their "ACAB", "defund the police" and other trash, no doubt that played a role in things like attacking the police.. they have in the litany of other riots and attacks happening in the LA region since Floyd.

All I can go on is what is reported on the ground by legitimate news sources. Also, you do not have to wear a Dodgers hat or Dodgers gear to be a Dodgers fan! :lol: 

It sucked, it's over, and people are idiots. It's a replay of every other stupid "we won!" riot throughout time, but with different slogans. We can go back to cowering in fear now while we wait for the jackboot of the authoritarian left to descend upon us.......

More close to home, my husband got this email just now from building management:

4EXJDSb.jpg

What's interesting to me is that the focus is going to be on Beverly Hills, specifically Rodeo Drive, in terms of law enforcement. (The building manager has buildings in BH, Santa Monica and West LA, and it's one of the big guys around here.)  It's not just the looting aspect, I think, or SM would be announcing the same thing about Santa Monica Place. My only guess is that it could be related to the weekly Trump rallies that occur near Rodeo. I guess we'll see what happens. He already told me he's working from home that day, and neither of us are going anywhere.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I assume all Antifa are also BLM?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
37 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

Why? 

Common ideals

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”