Burnt Reynolds

Nationwide riot megathread

1,126 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
41 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I just had an interesting conversation with a black coworker. He said he and his Pentecostal church do not support BLM because it is funded by the LGBTQ community. This guy is a close work friend and sometimes has some outlandish theories on race, However I googled it and sure enough the gay movement and BLM are closely intertwined 

Of course they are.  Anything that is against whitey shares that common goal.

Since when have LGBTQ people been against white people? Statistically speaking, there are almost certainly more white LGBTQ people in this country than any other race/ethnic group so 🤷‍♀️

12 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Since when have LGBTQ people been against white people? Statistically speaking, there are almost certainly more white LGBTQ people in this country than any other race/ethnic group so 🤷‍♀️

Statistically speaking, there are almost certainly more white heterosexual people in this country than any other race/ethnic group so 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Statistically speaking, there are almost certainly more white heterosexual people in this country than any other race/ethnic group so 🤷‍♀️

This was precisely the point I was making so 🤷‍♀️

Also if you want to self-identify as a shrugging woman that's fine, but if you want your shrugging emoji to reflect what I think is your sex assigned at birth, you should use this one: 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

This was precisely the point I was making so 🤷‍♀️

Also if you want to self-identify as a shrugging woman that's fine, but if you want your shrugging emoji to reflect what I think is your sex assigned at birth, you should use this one: 🤷‍♂️

So now you're here to proclaim my gender at birth?  And that somehow, I am prohibited from mentally changing that gender?  Wow, how forward of you.  You must be one of them thar progressive types.

Hit and runs are not okay. Never. That's really shocking. I don't care if the protester is a Klansman or protesting for unicorns and bluebells, if they're blocking a street or letting everyone pass right through, it's never okay to condone violence.

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

It seems that protesters attempting to block traffic is becoming less effective.  Bravo!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1309363614969593856 

As people further tire of these violent idiots causing destruction, setting fire to and looting buildings, and attacking people, I expect more violent opposition to result. These people are rightfully perceived as a danger especially in large groups where we've seen so many videos of them bashing vehicles to hell, setting them ablaze, yanking people out of them and beating them to a pulp, I'd not hesitate to run them down either if I even thought they were turning violent. I'd rather risk jail than death, but moreover I refuse to be a helpless victim plastered on the asphalt as these people clearly want of anyone that opposes them. Send a clear message that society doesn't want their #######. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Hit and runs are not okay. Never. That's really shocking. I don't care if the protester is a Klansman or protesting for unicorns and bluebells, if they're blocking a street or letting everyone pass right through, it's never okay to condone violence.

If  they are blocking my highway and start crowding around my car... SPLAT

4 hours ago, laylalex said:

So you think it's better to let the mob pull you out of your vehicle and beat you to a pulp?

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

So you think it's better to let the mob pull you out of your vehicle and beat you to a pulp?

Was that what happened there? Have you actually seen the reporting on this? It is not completely clear -- the driver said some protestors had hit his car, other witnesses (reporters who were on the scene) have disputed this. Reports are still unclear whether he drove into the crowd to begin with or was surrounded.

If I am going to be charitable, I would think the driver got spooked and sped off, not meaning to hit the woman. 

I do not care who is committing violence. If the investigation reveals the man responded in a panic, and it was an accident, not violence, I am happy to say I was wrong. But there are multiple versions of this incident which present the scene differently.