BOKURAGAITA

Philippine Passport

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! 

My question is AM I ALLOWED to bring my children's passport and few original documents overseas without them? Would i be in trouble? 

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Usually you not supposed to be in possession on anybodys passport besides your expecially if you not accompanied by the person... But since they are you kids it shouldnt matter but the question you should have the answer at tge tip of your fingers is why are you carrying the passport? 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

57 minutes ago, Carin Bulado said:

Hello! 

My question is AM I ALLOWED to bring my children's passport and few original documents overseas without them? Would i be in trouble? 

Thank you.

You’re not going to be in trouble since it is your children’s documents. But you will waste time and money sending papers if they need to submit originals if they needed to.

19 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Usually you not supposed to be in possession on anybodys passport besides your expecially if you not accompanied by the person... But since they are you kids it shouldnt matter but the question you should have the answer at tge tip of your fingers is why are you carrying the passport? 

I’ve travelled with my sons passport all the time. In addition I have travelled with other family member passports at times. It’s never been an issue and I get searched and interviewed every time coming back into the US and most other countries due to countries I have been in. These interviews take 45 minutes to 2 hours. I am no longer questioned into the Philippines as there are over 150 entry stamps in one of the passports. 

I also travel with 2 valid US passports that are mine as one has proof of travel to Israel, An Iranian visa and entry to Ukraine, along with many other country stamps, and the other has no proof of entry to Israel and Ukraine but has stamps from Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Russia amongst others. I am always stopped and questioned due to this. Russia can and does give trouble on the Ukraine stamps, whereas most Middle East countries with deny you entry or arrest you with proof to Israel. 

I always declare both passports on entry to the US along with my approval letter from the State Dept but only declare one passport entering any other country.  The US Embassy in Manila originally granted my request for having 2 passports. It has saved me many times especially on trips to Lebanon. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

2 hours ago, Carin Bulado said:

I had a friend bring my wife's back to USA for me and then he mailed it to me from his house. I needed it to get an ITIN for my wife.

Timeline
2 hours ago, QueenB03 said:

You’re not going to be in trouble since it is your children’s documents. But you will waste time and money sending papers if they need to submit originals if they needed to.

The only original documents i have is their birth cert (psa & local), baptismal, passport & my eldest son's school record. The reason im bringing these because it will take forever for them to mail the documents that we will going to need for their K2 follow to join. I arranged the possible requirements for their applications, my parents will going to have a hard time gathering these, they are in their early 60s and the pandemic and restrictions do not allow them to go out. 

2 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Can you show me the law in Philippines that states this?

Is this a Republic Act or something from DFA?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Carin Bulado said:

Hello! 

Thank you.

You are the parent, they are minors .... I don't see an issue.   

Are the children in the Phils?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Allovertheworld said:

Can you show me the law in Philippines that states this?

Is this a Republic Act or something from DFA?

It's not a Philippine law... It's an international law

educate yourself here >>>>https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1597

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You are the parent, they are minors .... I don't see an issue.   

Are the children in the Phils?

Yes they are in the Phi (we are). 

I asked so i would know what to do if i travel overseas and start filing their K2 FTJ process. I want their documents on hand instead of waiting for my parents to mail it. 

Thank you for your response. 

11 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

That's funny,  You must believe anything you read.

Countries don't adhere to "International Laws".

Laws are based on cases and history in each country.  That is why each country has their own laws and requirements to become a lawyer and sit for bar exam.  For example in Philippines only Philippines Citizens can sit for their local law exam to become a lawyer there, unlike the USA which will let non US Citizens sit for bar exam and get licensed in USA.

As far as International law, no government or international organization enforces international law. 

Thanks for the laugh :rofl:

Timeline

The original documents are not needed for follow to join until interviews in Manila.   You are actually creating the problem you are trying to avoid by taking the originals with you. 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Carin Bulado said:

Yes they are in the Phi (we are). 

I asked so i would know what to do if i travel overseas and start filing their K2 FTJ process. I want their documents on hand instead of waiting for my parents to mail it. 

Thank you for your response. 

Why would you want their passports in the USA?   The passports would be needed for the visa process.    

There is nothing in the USA that requires having the passports there for completing the Follow To Join.   

I do understand wanting to keep the passports safe.   

Are you going to fly to the Phils to be there to complete the visa processing with your children?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Last I checked, US law is not international law.

(I knew that without having to "educate" myself)

Finally done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.