whirlpool

Denver N400 filers

252 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Lloydh123 said:

All this is on my timeline on my profile. I think it was October 2021 but I was in Chicago. So my timeline isnt a good reference if you are living in Denver. I have a friend from Denver and they took 3 months after they applied. 

ha, I cant think why this question is relevant. Please tell me why this matters? ha

Some says if interviewed before 10 or 11am in the morning; then same day oath very possible and others say it depends on the Officer. Congrats once again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
19 hours ago, lightstream19 said:

Some says if interviewed before 10 or 11am in the morning; then same day oath very possible and others say it depends on the Officer. Congrats once again

From talking to my officer, it didnt matter what time. She gave me the option of doing it immediately with her in the same room for an additional 3 minutes, or to come back in a few weeks to an official ceremony so my whole family could be part of it. I met a few people on the day outside and everyone I spoke with had the same experience. You could be right but not from my experience. 

• 2 months later...

Any recent interviews in Denver?

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

• 1 month later...

Looks like there's two of our members due for an interview in the next 30 days. Though it looks like they don't really post though :(

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My wife appeared for her naturalization interview today at 9am at the USCIS Denver (Centennial) office. She passed her interview, took the oath and received the certificate as well. 

At the entrance, the security guards were pleasant and welcomed her in. There is an information window to go to after that where you check-in. They (attendant was friendly) told her to go to 2nd floor after checking in and wait to be called. She waited about 10 minutes before she was called in by the Immigration Officer (the officer did not introduce herself but was professional and nice). Interview started with IO verifying current address, phone numbers etc. to match with information on the database. She also verified if there are any outstanding traffic violations that she has or have any interactions with the Police since the application was processed (No on both accounts in this case). Proceeded to ask 6 questions (name a war during the 1800s, which party does the current president belong to, name 2 US national holidays etc.- all from the 100 Civics questions that USCIS provided). Upon answering correctly, dictated a sentence to be written on tablet. Finally narrated the oath of allegiance and provided the naturalization certificate along with a few informational booklets and US Passport application. The whole interview process (from IO calling her name to getting the certificate) took about 20 minutes.

The facility is conveniently located and the large parking lot is easy to navigate. There were about 3 or 4 other applicants present at the time (not sure for which process specifically).

Good luck to everyone here and anyone else going through this process. It's long and arduous but quite rewarding!

1 hour ago, ahiari said:

Hi everyone,

My wife appeared for her naturalization interview today at 9am at the USCIS Denver (Centennial) office. She passed her interview, took the oath and received the certificate as well. 

At the entrance, the security guards were pleasant and welcomed her in. There is an information window to go to after that where you check-in. They (attendant was friendly) told her to go to 2nd floor after checking in and wait to be called. She waited about 10 minutes before she was called in by the Immigration Officer (the officer did not introduce herself but was professional and nice). Interview started with IO verifying current address, phone numbers etc. to match with information on the database. She also verified if there are any outstanding traffic violations that she has or have any interactions with the Police since the application was processed (No on both accounts in this case). Proceeded to ask 6 questions (name a war during the 1800s, which party does the current president belong to, name 2 US national holidays etc.- all from the 100 Civics questions that USCIS provided). Upon answering correctly, dictated a sentence to be written on tablet. Finally narrated the oath of allegiance and provided the naturalization certificate along with a few informational booklets and US Passport application. The whole interview process (from IO calling her name to getting the certificate) took about 20 minutes.

The facility is conveniently located and the large parking lot is easy to navigate. There were about 3 or 4 other applicants present at the time (not sure for which process specifically).

Good luck to everyone here and anyone else going through this process. It's long and arduous but quite rewarding!

Thanks for the Denver update. 

• 4 weeks later...

So on average, how long has it been taking to process Denver filings?

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

26 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

So on average, how long has it been taking to process Denver filings?

Seems like 6-9 months from the looks of it. Though not everyone fills out their timelines so we can't be more precise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have my interview in Centennial on Feb 15th! Super excited about it. Will update everyone after it's done.

I would like to do the same day oath if possible, but I have an international trip on March 22 (so exactly 5 weeks from the interview).

Do you think that this would be enough to get my passport? Or should I reject the same oath and ask for it to be scheduled after the trip?

Just looked at the travel state and it looks like there is an expedited option up to 5 weeks. Not sure if it would be cutting it too short.

image.png.35a0735fff63ca13f88fee8a06a4ce90.png

Thanks!

Edited by Talo

2 hours ago, Talo said:

Hi all, I have my interview in Centennial on Feb 15th! Super excited about it. Will update everyone after it's done.

I would like to do the same day oath if possible, but I have an international trip on March 22 (so exactly 5 weeks from the interview).

Do you think that this would be enough to get my passport? Or should I reject the same oath and ask for it to be scheduled after the trip?

Just looked at the travel state and it looks like there is an expedited option up to 5 weeks. Not sure if it would be cutting it too short.

image.png.35a0735fff63ca13f88fee8a06a4ce90.png

Thanks!

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies/colorado.html

I think you can get it faster. If you can show travel within 14 days. 

Hey also when did you file your N400? There's no much data on Denver seems like no one fills out their timeline :( 

6 hours ago, JMPM said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies/colorado.html

Hey also when did you file your N400? There's no much data on Denver seems like no one fills out their timeline :( 

You are right, it seems like they have that option as well. Not sure if I should not submit the expedited request, and wait until I am 14 days from the trip. I guess I will ask the person at USCIS what they recommend.

Sorry about that, I tend to update once everything is complete, but it is most useful for other people if I do it in real time. Just updated my timeline, submitted my N400 October 1st 2022.

19 hours ago, JMPM said:

I am in Denver too and my interview ist next week! some of us do, check my timeline :) 

24 minutes ago, Catseal said:

I am in Denver too and my interview ist next week! some of us do, check my timeline :) 

Yes sir. I comment my congratulations on your timeline :) I hope all goes well and you're offered a same day oath 

Edited by JMPM

Good luck Catseal!

I've heard that some USCIS locations have a state department representative that takes passport applications at the oath ceremony. Does anyone know if this is true for Denver?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 10:06 PM, Talo said:

Good luck Catseal!

I've heard that some USCIS locations have a state department representative that takes passport applications at the oath ceremony. Does anyone know if this is true for Denver?

I was told to go to one of the application agencies found here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/where-to-apply.html. I had a same-day oath though and not an oath ceremony, maybe they have somebody there for those (I did not ask about that, naturally). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.