Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Buttercookie said:

Guys,

I have a question, apart from the Nadra marriage certificate, do we need to provide an English translation of the Nikah Nama to USCIS as well?

Did you folks have to provide it? If so, where did you get it made from?

We only have the Urdu Nikah Nama and the Nadra Marriage Certificate.

Yes please provide the English translation. You need to send them the nadra certificate, urdu nikah nama copy, and the English translation. I made the mistake of only sending the nadra certificate as listed on their website but later got an RFE and had to send the urdu nikah nama copy and translation. I got my translation done from this online service based in Washington. They were super cheap, accurate, efficient, quick, and they provide a certified document that you can also get notarized from them. They do translations specifically for USCIS purposes. You can also request a hard copy from for some extra charges but the online copy is included in your order and that’s enough. The website address is https://immitranslate.com/uscis-translations?gclid=CjwKCAjww5r8BRB6EiwArcckC9VRptztJRzPIq-6KRniRcz58TQzWAPyAyeXGuDh1Og-9GlcIIusIhoCh_IQAvD_BwE

my translation was accepted within a couple days after they received it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
35 minutes ago, aishaTayyab said:

Yes please provide the English translation. You need to send them the nadra certificate, urdu nikah nama copy, and the English translation. I made the mistake of only sending the nadra certificate as listed on their website but later got an RFE and had to send the urdu nikah nama copy and translation. I got my translation done from this online service based in Washington. They were super cheap, accurate, efficient, quick, and they provide a certified document that you can also get notarized from them. They do translations specifically for USCIS purposes. You can also request a hard copy from for some extra charges but the online copy is included in your order and that’s enough. The website address is https://immitranslate.com/uscis-translations?gclid=CjwKCAjww5r8BRB6EiwArcckC9VRptztJRzPIq-6KRniRcz58TQzWAPyAyeXGuDh1Og-9GlcIIusIhoCh_IQAvD_BwE

my translation was accepted within a couple days after they received it.

Thanks. I will get mine translated from the place you recommended.

45 minutes ago, Buttercookie said:

Thanks. I will get mine translated from the place you recommended.

No problem! GoodLuck! I got mine notarized as well just in case but it isn’t really needed. And I got the physical copy too but it was really just them printing out the digital copy that you get for free, and mailing it to me lol so yeah don’t spend the extra $20 bucks for a physical copy.

9 minutes ago, Jaay said:

Hey, I wanted to ask a silly yet important question, those of you who’ve applied their IR1 visas, did your spouse change her/his marital status on their Pakistani passports and NIC’s before applying? 

Mine didn’t. I think that’s the purpose of the Nadra marriage registration certificate. It updates your status.

6 minutes ago, aishaTayyab said:

Mine didn’t. I think that’s the purpose of the Nadra marriage registration certificate. It updates your status.

Ohh okay what a relief. I didn’t change my status neither on the cnic nor on the passport, as those were issued before I got married. So, I believe the marriage certificate/Nadra certificates are enough. 

13 minutes ago, Jaay said:

Ohh okay what a relief. I didn’t change my status neither on the cnic nor on the passport, as those were issued before I got married. So, I believe the marriage certificate/Nadra certificates are enough. 

Yeah my husband didn’t do it and I’ve never heard anyone else having to do it either. The original Nadra marriage certificate should stay with the spouse in Pakistan and the spouse in America should only bring a certified copy with them here to send to USCIS. And don’t forget to send Urdu nikah nama and it’s translation along with nadra certificate to USCIS if you haven’t applied yet.

my husband sent me the original so now I have to send it back to him because you need to take all original documents to your interview. Especially the nadra certificate.

Edited by aishaTayyab

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jaay said:

Hey, I wanted to ask a silly yet important question, those of you who’ve applied their IR1 visas, did your spouse change her/his marital status on their Pakistani passports and NIC’s before applying? 

Yes my Pakistani NICOP has my husband name now... but i found out after changing that he could've showed my passport too... to get the docs attested.

Edited by Lexushim

3 hours ago, Jaay said:

Well I had to change my marital status on my nicop when it had to be renewed.i had to change my marital status from single to married.just asked me some information about my spouse and that's it.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Zack36 said:

Well I had to change my marital status on my nicop when it had to be renewed.i had to change my marital status from single to married.just asked me some information about my spouse and that's it.

Whats nicop? And what happens if u dont change ur last name ? And martial status ? . I have all documents attested and as well as frc from nadra. Will it still be an issue because i didnt change last name 

Edited by Skull78000

National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistani,it's an Pak Id for any Pakistani Citizen or any Pakistani living overseas.with this card you don't have to get visa on your passport I believe.ah I guess nothing happens,but I don't have any clear answer for that.might want to ask someone who knows about that,I just don't want to give you the wrong answer. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Buttercookie said:

Guys,

I have a question, apart from the Nadra marriage certificate, do we need to provide an English translation of the Nikah Nama to USCIS as well?

We only have the Urdu Nikah Nama and the Nadra Marriage Certificate.

From i got my done from hafiz translators in lahore 

10 hours ago, Buttercookie said:

do we need to provide an English translation of the Nikah Nama to USCIS as well?

You can translate documents if you are "competent to translate from the foreign language into English" and include a statement of certification. https://www.visajourney.com/guides/uscis-document-translation/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.