Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Taza said:

Hi all: Thank you for addressing my earlier question.

I was being asked by many, how USICS approved so quickly.

We did expedite and were successful with USICS.

We are not sure about the NVC expedite process, but we did upload a document with that request, along with all other documents.

We will also call NVC and see if we can make that request via phone also.

Now, I know it will take however long, it will take.

But my wife and I are just planning for some things and an understanding of time frame is necessary for us.

The 12-15 month wait from DQ date until interview date, Is that for all visa categories?

If I am a US Citizen, and I am sponsoring my wife, will it take less time, than the average 12-15 months it is taking now?

Or is that time frame of 12-15 months, only for the immediate relatives of a US Citizen? or does NVC not prioritize based on citizenship?

I know that's a lot, but any stab at answering the above ,would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

taza

The 12-15 months is for US citizens. Currently they are prioritizing citizens which is why a lot of people are going for citizenship.

You should look up how to submit expedite request. Someone posted in this thread as well if I remember correctly. You’ll have to mail everything to NVC and they’ll get approval from ISL embassy. All the best.

3 hours ago, muhammad talha said:

It was me DQ 31.12.2020

Interview date 27th april

congrats so that’s roughly 15 months of waiting time for cr1/Ir1 so I should expect around sometimes March or April 2023 inshallah or hopefully early. 

let us know how it goes for interview. And what questions they ask. If you do not mind

Edited by Machinecorpse62

On 3/24/2022 at 4:41 PM, podeena said:

Hey guys any new IL? still on Dec 2020, ISL embassy is The worst embassy of all. 😡 Painful wait since 2019 when will they move to 2021DQ?any guess??

podeena expect your interview letter around august to October and see let us know if you get it. Since it’s a 15 month waiting time I have seen around the trend. 

zellaj any update? On visa 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

podeena expect your interview letter around august to October and see let us know if you get it. Since it’s a 15 month waiting time I have seen around the trend. 

zellaj any update? On visa 

Nothing as yet. They really are taking their time 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Farhan00 said:

Folks, any idea how long they take to mail the passports back after the interview?  1 week?? month?

Depends on when it is issued which can be up to 10 days and then after that 1-3 days depending on where and how you’re going to get your passport back. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Maham Mufti said:

Hi. Can anyone guide me about the medical? What kind of tests do they perform during the medical at Wilcare, Lahore? 

Medical is pretty much the same everywhere. They’ll take your medical history. Do some physical exams. Do your bloodwork. They’ll take an X-ray for TB. You’ll get vaccinated for whatever vaccines are required at the time you go in for medical. It took my husband 3 visits in Karachi (the final being to pick up the xrays) to complete his medical.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

Oh that sucks. Is stuck in ap where male take ones forever to go through? 

hopefully my wife does not go through that when she gets her. 

It really depends on them. Sometimes they take around 3 months and sometimes it can be years. My dad was stuck in AP for around a year, my siblings (1 male, 1 female) were stuck in AP for a little over a year and one of my uncles' case was stuck in AP for almost a year and a half. Just hoping at this point that it's not as long as that.

All the best for your wife's interview. If there's some travel history in the last 15 years (especially to the middle east) then you could submit the DS5535.

35 minutes ago, zellahy said:

It really depends on them. Sometimes they take around 3 months and sometimes it can be years. My dad was stuck in AP for around a year, my siblings (1 male, 1 female) were stuck in AP for a little over a year and one of my uncles' case was stuck in AP for almost a year and a half. Just hoping at this point that it's not as long as that.

All the best for your wife's interview. If there's some travel history in the last 15 years (especially to the middle east) then you could submit the DS5535.

oh wow long of a wait. Do let us know when your husband get your visa. 

And thanks, but no my wife has not had any travel at all in last 15 years. she never visit outside of her city. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Maham Mufti said:

Hi. Can anyone guide me about the medical? What kind of tests do they perform during the medical at Wilcare, Lahore? 

Hello

After receiving IL make sure to book the appointment ASAP. For booking you can call them or book online at their website. They will demand following documents for appointment.

1. copy Interview Letter email 

2. Original Passport.

3. Polio certificate .( from govt. inst. and no older then 6 months)

4. Covid Vac. record.

5. Address ( Pak + USA).

6. Operation's report (if any).

7 Medicine prescription (if any).

After providing them all the basic details they will give you the appointment date. You will also receive a confirmation email. If not ring them again and let them know that u didn't receive the confirmation email.

Tips: make sure u have a gap of at least 2 days between ur medical and interview . As wilcare nowadays send the reports directly to the embassy and it takes 2 days to arrive. (NOTE: they will also email you the results. in my case they told me take print of the blood test report with me at airport . also if you are unable to get appointment with 2 days gap don't worry the embassy will get your medical even after your interview or in some cases you can have ur medical after the interview if appointment is not available. it will just add some more days).

On the appointment day try to arrive about 30 minutes before and make sure to bring cash or card for the medical. Normally they do tell you the amount during your appointment  call. but i have seen some cases where the person have to pay more because of their medical history as doctor asked for further tests. ( for me it was 29K but one of my friend was charged 150k because of some extra  tests and vaccines. so its good to have some extra cash in hand)

I have also immunization record but they did not checked ( According to a guy working and as per CDC guidelines they inject you with age appropriate vaccine no matter if you have the record or not). But its still good to have your record with you.

At wilcare the front desk will guide you to a counter where they will take your picture and signatures and will ask you to deposit the amount.

after paying the fee you will have to go for the medical exam where they will  check your eye sight, take blood sample, chest x ray(for t.b) and physical examination. after physical the doctor will ask you about your medical history and if its all good they will inject you with the age appropriate vaccines after that you are free to go.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

oh wow long of a wait. Do let us know when your husband get your visa. 

And thanks, but no my wife has not had any travel at all in last 15 years. she never visit outside of her city. 

I’ll update here when my husband gets his visa.

Hopefully your wife doesn’t go in AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.