Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

hi there zellahy: Thanks for addressing my question.

It seems that we are in for the long haul.

I guess a follow up question that popped to mind.

Before COVID hit, ISL embassy was taking a few months to schedule interviews.

Then it all got delayed due to the pandemic, and now the ISL embassy is re opening and catching up.

I guess I am wondering if the embassy will catch up and get back to their usual processing time of 3-4 months, anytime soon?

Or is it anyone's guess? It does not seem like they are scheduling many interviews.

Anyone w any thoughts if ISL may hurry up to clear the back log?

Cheers

Taza

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Taza said:

hi there zellahy: Thanks for addressing my question.

It seems that we are in for the long haul.

I guess a follow up question that popped to mind.

Before COVID hit, ISL embassy was taking a few months to schedule interviews.

Then it all got delayed due to the pandemic, and now the ISL embassy is re opening and catching up.

I guess I am wondering if the embassy will catch up and get back to their usual processing time of 3-4 months, anytime soon?

Or is it anyone's guess? It does not seem like they are scheduling many interviews.

Anyone w any thoughts if ISL may hurry up to clear the back log?

Cheers

Taza

Not anytime soon because due to the lengthy time frame lots of people are trying to get their citizenship and upgrade their cases from F to IR1. For all upgraded cases with an earlier DQ date then let's say 15 Dec 2020, interviews will be scheduled before the rest of the interviews get scheduled. They are scheduling lots of interviews but some DQ months just have more applicants than others so it would be a while. They have slowed down the rate at which they're giving a DQ date to applicants from what I've heard but not sure about that one. 

53 minutes ago, podeena said:

Hey guys any new IL? still on Dec 2020, ISL embassy is The worst embassy of all. 😡 Painful wait since 2019 when will they move to 2021DQ?any guess??

going by your Dq of august you still have about 5-8 months of waiting period before you hear something from embassy. I know embassy is going slow but too much. Just have to be patience. I have about 9-12 month of waiting for mines since i am December 21 2021 Dq. Look at Zella he still have not got his visa yet even though he had his interview already but he still being patient. 

Edited by Machinecorpse62

On 3/23/2022 at 3:03 AM, Taza said:

Hi there:

I am new to this website and also to the immigration process.

I have a couple of questions that I hope, some one can shed some light on.

Here is some info first:

I am a US citizen. Sponsoring my Pakistani citizen wife.

marriage date: nov 14, 2021

I-130 application: Jan 10, 2021

USICS I-130 approved Jan 28, 2021

NVC case creation: Feb 4th

All docs submitted to NVC: March 9th

DQ not yet obtained from NVC.

I see that interviews are now being scheduled for folks with DQ of dec 2020.

I as told the entire process should take 8-10 months. But it seems much longer.

Me being a citizen and applying for CR-1, for spouse, would I get an interview sooner? or everyone in the queue is CR/IR applicants?

Is there any information re:, will the embassy catch up with the previous DQ people and maybe interviewing my wife by the end of the year 2022?

can some one give me a realistic time frame, based on my case and how backed up ISL embassy is?

Thank you for yoru time.

cheers

Taza

Hi, Zellahy has already answered your answer , you can count from your DQ date and as you now they are at the December 2020 DQ'ED, roughly one year wait time after the DQ date. Good luck

5 hours ago, zellahy said:

They’ve covered all of Dec 2020 DQ this time. Someone with 31 dec DQ has their interview on 27 april.

Hi, 

Just wondering if there was an idea of when the next batch of interview letters would be sent out? The DQ for my case is January 4th, 2021, so I was just wondering if they take a break after the last interviews of a certain year prior to working on the next year? 

Thanks

Timeline
1 hour ago, Alina_M said:

Hi, 

Just wondering if there was an idea of when the next batch of interview letters would be sent out? The DQ for my case is January 4th, 2021, so I was just wondering if they take a break after the last interviews of a certain year prior to working on the next year? 

Thanks

Around mid-April or later, they’ll send out ILs for May

Timeline
7 hours ago, Mahrukh29 said:

Hey I want to know my mom's dq is Jan 27 ,2021 . When can I expect an interview letter ? 

Depends on category. If it’s an IR category then she’ll be called in May or June. June is most likely as they seem to be covering about 15-16 days

Hello everyone,

Thanks for keeping this post updated. Its been very helpful. Below is my info:

I am a Permanent Resident, sponsoring my wife.

I-130 Approved

Visa Class: F2A

Case currently at NVC

DQ: March 1, 2021

Embassy: ISL

Any thoughts on when can my wife get an interview date? What dates is the ISL embassy processing these days? I've been reading the thread regularly and I see mentions of IR1/CR1 but not F2A.

Thanks for helping.

Salam from San Jose

Timeline
50 minutes ago, fromsanjose said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks for keeping this post updated. Its been very helpful. Below is my info:

I am a Permanent Resident, sponsoring my wife.

I-130 Approved

Visa Class: F2A

Case currently at NVC

DQ: March 1, 2021

Embassy: ISL

Any thoughts on when can my wife get an interview date? What dates is the ISL embassy processing these days? I've been reading the thread regularly and I see mentions of IR1/CR1 but not F2A.

Thanks for helping.

Salam from San Jose

They’re still covering dates of December 2019 DQ so a long wait. From what I’ve heard ISL embassy only covered like a week of DQs for F category.

If you’re only applying for wife and not a child, try upgrading your case i.e. if you’re eligible for naturalization, then become a us citizen as then the interview date will be given soon.

Hi all: Thank you for addressing my earlier question.

I was being asked by many, how USICS approved so quickly.

We did expedite and were successful with USICS.

We are not sure about the NVC expedite process, but we did upload a document with that request, along with all other documents.

We will also call NVC and see if we can make that request via phone also.

Now, I know it will take however long, it will take.

But my wife and I are just planning for some things and an understanding of time frame is necessary for us.

The 12-15 month wait from DQ date until interview date, Is that for all visa categories?

If I am a US Citizen, and I am sponsoring my wife, will it take less time, than the average 12-15 months it is taking now?

Or is that time frame of 12-15 months, only for the immediate relatives of a US Citizen? or does NVC not prioritize based on citizenship?

I know that's a lot, but any stab at answering the above ,would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

taza

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.