Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2022 at 12:30 PM, aishaTayyab said:

Thank you! & many many congratulations!🎊🎉🎈 I’m very very happy for you! Alhumdulilah! Now get everyone on a plane and go start your lives!😊😊😊😊

Hi Aisha , we all arrived here in USA on 25th Masha Allah. Thank you for your prayers and may Allah bless you all.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

Zella any update on your visa insurance? Also do you know what month they will be doing for interviews in Islamabad 

Nothing as yet... Date updated after a long time recently. Gotten the Senators involved so lets see what happens.

They have covered till Dec 15, 2020 so interviews will be scheduled for people with a DQ on/after Dec 15. They'll send ILs coming week or the week after...

2 hours ago, zellahy said:

Nothing as yet... Date updated after a long time recently. Gotten the Senators involved so lets see what happens.

They have covered till Dec 15, 2020 so interviews will be scheduled for people with a DQ on/after Dec 15. They'll send ILs coming week or the week after...

hope you hear good news ! 

and dang they are way to slow why are they doing only once a month for interview letter

Timeline
1 hour ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

hope you hear good news ! 

and dang they are way to slow why are they doing only once a month for interview letter

According to some people, they have scheduled a lot of interviews for March but the thing is that amongst all those there are different categories of visas as well as people with older DQs who recently got upgraded from F2 to IR1/CR1 so there's that too... 

11 minutes ago, zellahy said:

According to some people, they have scheduled a lot of interviews for March but the thing is that amongst all those there are different categories of visas as well as people with older DQs who recently got upgraded from F2 to IR1/CR1 so there's that too... 

man that sucks. oh well just have to be patience I guess. I’ll probably make another trip to Pakistan later in the year then 

Timeline
Just now, Machinecorpse62 said:

man that sucks. oh well just have to be patience I guess. I’ll probably make another trip to Pakistan later in the year then 

Yes. Nothing to do except wait patiently. Good luck though... hopefully you get yours soon...

Timeline
10 hours ago, podeena said:

Hey guys any new IL?or as usual ISL embassy still sleeping on Dec 2020 unbelievable ,painful and annoying. The slowest embassy of all.😠😠

Not yet

Timeline
3 hours ago, Wpf_2017 said:

Any Interviews letter from ISB Embassy for the Month of April? My DQ is Feb 11th, 2021. When Can I expect the interview

Approximately 15 months from DQ date. Might be more or less depending on ISL embassy and how many more people with earlier DQs get upgraded or expedited interviews.

Still no news of any ILs being issued. Most likely they’ll issue a few this week if not all of them.

Hi there:

I am new to this website and also to the immigration process.

I have a couple of questions that I hope, some one can shed some light on.

Here is some info first:

I am a US citizen. Sponsoring my Pakistani citizen wife.

marriage date: nov 14, 2021

I-130 application: Jan 10, 2021

USICS I-130 approved Jan 28, 2021

NVC case creation: Feb 4th

All docs submitted to NVC: March 9th

DQ not yet obtained from NVC.

I see that interviews are now being scheduled for folks with DQ of dec 2020.

I as told the entire process should take 8-10 months. But it seems much longer.

Me being a citizen and applying for CR-1, for spouse, would I get an interview sooner? or everyone in the queue is CR/IR applicants?

Is there any information re:, will the embassy catch up with the previous DQ people and maybe interviewing my wife by the end of the year 2022?

can some one give me a realistic time frame, based on my case and how backed up ISL embassy is?

Thank you for yoru time.

cheers

Taza

Timeline
7 hours ago, Taza said:

Hi there:

I am new to this website and also to the immigration process.

I have a couple of questions that I hope, some one can shed some light on.

Here is some info first:

I am a US citizen. Sponsoring my Pakistani citizen wife.

marriage date: nov 14, 2021

I-130 application: Jan 10, 2021

USICS I-130 approved Jan 28, 2021

NVC case creation: Feb 4th

All docs submitted to NVC: March 9th

DQ not yet obtained from NVC.

I see that interviews are now being scheduled for folks with DQ of dec 2020.

I as told the entire process should take 8-10 months. But it seems much longer.

Me being a citizen and applying for CR-1, for spouse, would I get an interview sooner? or everyone in the queue is CR/IR applicants?

Is there any information re:, will the embassy catch up with the previous DQ people and maybe interviewing my wife by the end of the year 2022?

can some one give me a realistic time frame, based on my case and how backed up ISL embassy is?

Thank you for yoru time.

cheers

Taza

Everyone in queue has an IR/CR category and they’re at mid-Dec 2020 DQ as you know.

We don’t know an accurate timeframe for interviews because it varies but your wife is not even DQed yet. Even that part is taking weeks for some people.

Wait time for interviews is around 12-15 months from date of DQ.

Some ILs were issued today for people with DQ of 15-16 Dec 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.