Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, zellahy said:

You have to send a request to NVC to combine the interviews of your wife and daughter as your daughter is a minor. After that they’ll go by the earlier DQ date to schedule both the interviews 

Also, as far as I know people with Dq date of 2029 are being called for interviews and that too is happening slowly. They covered about 6 DQ days for F2 type visa last year.

Also, I don’t know when you’re up for citizenship but if you become a citizen at this point or before their interview then you would have to file a separate i130 for your child.

On 1/28/2022 at 12:04 AM, aishaTayyab said:

Send this information to the embassy with proof that you must leave by the 9th as you’re a LPR. Proof includes the ticket and date of when you left usa and when you have to go back to stay within the 6 months. And send the return ticket as well to show you have the flight booked. Send this in another email. Get another doctors note saying the kids must travel with you. GoodLuck!

Hi Aisha, i appreciate you , today they updated my Kids case to Administrative Processing, inshaAllah visa will be issued tomorrow. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Butterfly2 said:

Today my kids Status changed from Refused to Administrative Processing. What does that mean? And how long they will put under AP?. Kids are 14 years old boy and a girl 16. 

It means they’re about to issue the visa. It’s usually issued within a week might might take up to 10 days. Just depends on how fast the embassy’s processes their visas.

4 hours ago, zellahy said:

It means they’re about to issue the visa. It’s usually issued within a week might might take up to 10 days. Just depends on how fast the embassy’s processes their visas.

Thank you and good luck to you.

14 hours ago, zellahy said:

Thank you again, my kids visa status changed from AP to ISSUED today Alhamdulillah.I must thank you Aisha and every body here on VJ. Good luck and all the best Zellahy.

On 11/18/2021 at 11:33 PM, aishaTayyab said:

You will be able to enter and you will be able to interview. They will just refuse the visa because a document is missing. Not because there is something wrong with you or your case. The visa is yours and you will get it. They will just refuse the visa temporarily until they get the medical. So don’t miss the interview. This happened to someone else and the embassy just asked to submit the medical and they will issue the visa once they receive it.

AsalamuAliakum Aisha, today Status changed to Issued Alhamdulillah. I must appreciate your guidance all the way. May Allah bless you. Good luck and best wishes to all VJ Community.

Just now, Butterfly2 said:

AsalamuAliakum Aisha, today Status changed to Issued Alhamdulillah. I must appreciate your guidance all the way. May Allah bless you. Good luck and best wishes to all VJ Community.

Thank you! & many many congratulations!🎊🎉🎈 I’m very very happy for you! Alhumdulilah! Now get everyone on a plane and go start your lives!😊😊😊😊

14 minutes ago, aishaTayyab said:

Thank you! & many many congratulations!🎊🎉🎈 I’m very very happy for you! Alhumdulilah! Now get everyone on a plane and go start your lives!😊😊😊😊

Thank you again, appreciated and best regards to you and your family.

Hey All Any updates on Interview.

My PD is Jan27th, 2020

My souse DQ is Feb11th 2021.

Its been already 2 years and 1 month. I see people with PD dates later than me getting their interviews in Islamabad. I was one of the unfortunates where Potomac took 355 days to approve my petition. This process is so unfair, that PD doesn't matter and they have to go by DQ dates. Plus Islamabad Embassy is processing sooo slow

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Wpf_2017 said:

My PD is Jan27th, 2020

Its been already 2 years and 1 month. I see people with PD dates later than me getting their interviews in Islamabad. I was one of the unfortunates where Potomac took 355 days to approve my petition. This process is so unfair, that PD doesn't matter and they have to go by DQ dates. Plus Islamabad Embassy is processing sooo slow

My pd is march 2019, IR1, DQ Feb 2021, so you can see, ppl are there with much worse situation 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Butterfly2 said:

Thank you again, my kids visa status changed from AP to ISSUED today Alhamdulillah.I must thank you Aisha and every body here on VJ. Good luck and all the best Zellahy.

Thanks. So happy for you and your family. 

12 minutes ago, Wpf_2017 said:

My PD is Jan27th, 2020

No updates on interviews yet. They might send ILs today or hopefully in this week.

As for interviews if they went by PD, I would have been done before the pandemic but that’s not how it works and as unfair as it seems going by DQ prevents confusion because as you know different centers have different processing times and since some people have to resubmit documents or get hold of  missing documents.

Hi All - I am currently on an L1-A visa and I am hoping to apply for my wife's L2 visa end of March. I gather that this isn't a popular visa category and haven't seen a lot of posts on the forums. I would love to get some guidance please. 

The US embassy's website states "The U.S. Embassy in Islamabad has resumed limited immigrant and nonimmigrant visa interviews. The Consulate General in Karachi has resumed limited processing of nonimmigrant visas." I have two clarification questions please:

1. What is the distinction here between 'visa interview' and 'visa processing'? Does the above statement mean that Islamabad is entertaining interviews right now for non-immigrant visas but they are not currently processing them? Therefore, is it better to apply through the Karachi Consulate who seem to be processing at least a limited number of visas?

2. Is anyone able to please advise on the current L2 visa processing timelines in Karachi and Islamabad?

Many Thanks!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, A Shafiq said:

Hi All - I am currently on an L1-A visa and I am hoping to apply for my wife's L2 visa end of March. I gather that this isn't a popular visa category and haven't seen a lot of posts on the forums. I would love to get some guidance please. 

The US embassy's website states "The U.S. Embassy in Islamabad has resumed limited immigrant and nonimmigrant visa interviews. The Consulate General in Karachi has resumed limited processing of nonimmigrant visas." I have two clarification questions please:

1. What is the distinction here between 'visa interview' and 'visa processing'? Does the above statement mean that Islamabad is entertaining interviews right now for non-immigrant visas but they are not currently processing them? Therefore, is it better to apply through the Karachi Consulate who seem to be processing at least a limited number of visas?

2. Is anyone able to please advise on the current L2 visa processing timelines in Karachi and Islamabad?

Many Thanks!!!!

If you can join this group on Facebook, you’d be able to find more relevant information and guidance about that

https://www.facebook.com/groups/332749100243009/?ref=share

Just now, zellahy said:

If you can join this group on Facebook, you’d be able to find more relevant information and guidance about that

https://www.facebook.com/groups/332749100243009/?ref=share

The group name is “NVC & USCIS Group”

Timeline
17 hours ago, Wpf_2017 said:

My PD is Jan27th, 2020

You are not the only one we're waiting for IR1 PD Oct 19 DQ 08.21.this all painful procedure is very enoying and unfair  🙏🙏 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.