Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Maham Mufti said:

Hi everyone! Any new ILs? My DQ date is 31st December 2020. Any idea how long will it take? The embassy here is literally testing our patience now! Why are they working at such a slow pace? They should've covered Dec Start DQs by now.

The next ILs will arrive on Monday now.

The only thing I know about them not being able to cover lots of DQ is that because of the long time frame between DQ and interviews, a lot of petitioners applied for and received their citizenship and upgraded their cases to IR cases from F category and if they have earlier DQ dates like say from 2019 then they’ll get priority over 2020 DQs.

You’ll probably get your IL in March or April but depends on how they schedule in the upcoming days and Feb. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, zellahy said:

The next ILs will arrive on Monday now.

The only thing I know about them not being able to cover lots of DQ is that because of the long time frame between DQ and interviews, a lot of petitioners applied for and received their citizenship and upgraded their cases to IR cases from F category and if they have earlier DQ dates like say from 2019 then they’ll get priority over 2020 DQs.

You’ll probably get your IL in March or April but depends on how they schedule in the upcoming days and Feb. 

Oh okay. I didn't know that. Still a long long wait. :(

On 1/20/2022 at 2:21 AM, aishaTayyab said:

@zellahy any update on your case?

Hi, i trust you are doing well Aisha.my kids were interviewed on 3rd December without Medical done, CO was nice and was a smooth interview, CO returned Passports to complete medical Exam. Medical was done and passport sent to embassy on 14 December. On CEAC affidavit of support showing missing so uploaded current on 8th January, now showing submitted. I have emailed Embassy and replied that your documents were received but not reviewed by the CO. Now again wait is started , any idea how long it will take?. As i am LPR so must return before 9th March and can't leave kids behind, i pray that they issue visa in time that they may travel with me. 

1 hour ago, Butterfly2 said:

Hi, i trust you are doing well Aisha.my kids were interviewed on 3rd December without Medical done, CO was nice and was a smooth interview, CO returned Passports to complete medical Exam. Medical was done and passport sent to embassy on 14 December. On CEAC affidavit of support showing missing so uploaded current on 8th January, now showing submitted. I have emailed Embassy and replied that your documents were received but not reviewed by the CO. Now again wait is started , any idea how long it will take?. As i am LPR so must return before 9th March and can't leave kids behind, i pray that they issue visa in time that they may travel with me. 

Send this information to the embassy with proof that you must leave by the 9th as you’re a LPR. Proof includes the ticket and date of when you left usa and when you have to go back to stay within the 6 months. And send the return ticket as well to show you have the flight booked. Send this in another email. Get another doctors note saying the kids must travel with you. GoodLuck!

Edited by aishaTayyab

Timeline
4 hours ago, aishaTayyab said:

Send this information to the embassy with proof that you must leave by the 9th as you’re a LPR. Proof includes the ticket and date of when you left usa and when you have to go back to stay within the 6 months. And send the return ticket as well to show you have the flight booked. Send this in another email. Get another doctors note saying the kids must travel with you. GoodLuck!

How are you? Good to have you back here. I am sure you are much relieved now that your immigration process is over.

Timeline
On 1/19/2022 at 10:27 AM, vjmember1234 said:

i am nov 18 2020 DQ .. CR1 … haven’t recieved an IL.. 😞

Did you get your IL? I just saw someone with 23 Nov DQ get theirs for interview on 24 Feb 2022

On 1/28/2022 at 12:04 AM, aishaTayyab said:

Thank you.

Today received email from Islamabad Embassy asking me to send 1. 2 photos 2. Original Passport 3. Create/update Profile at USTraveldocs. Actually i have already mailed my kids Passport on 13 December via Leopards Courier Services and Confirmed delivery on 15 December. I am worried now and what i should do now. They kept photos at the interview and i have already registered them with traveldocs for  passport delivery. What should i do? Why i have received this email?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Butterfly2 said:

Today received email from Islamabad Embassy asking me to send 1. 2 photos 2. Original Passport 3. Create/update Profile at USTraveldocs. Actually i have already mailed my kids Passport on 13 December via Leopards Courier Services and Confirmed delivery on 15 December. I am worried now and what i should do now. They kept photos at the interview and i have already registered them with traveldocs for  passport delivery. What should i do? Why i have received this email?

Send them an email that you have already submitted these things and attach confirmation of submission of the documents as well as for registration for passport delivery

20 hours ago, zellahy said:

Send them an email that you have already submitted these things and attach confirmation of submission of the documents as well as for registration for passport delivery

I did send email and also mailed 2 Visa Photos and copies of USTravel docs registration, courier receipt , Text message screen shot with delivery confirmation, Ds-260 confirmation page and a note to explain all details and check list. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Butterfly2 said:

I did send email and also mailed 2 Visa Photos and copies of USTravel docs registration, courier receipt , Text message screen shot with delivery confirmation, Ds-260 confirmation page and a note to explain all details and check list. 

Did they respond to your email yet?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Butterfly2 said:

Thank you. No reply yet, sent email on Friday @ 4::20 pm, InshaAllah Monday shall be lucky.

Inn-Sha-Allah you’ll get a positive response and hopefully the visas are issued soon… All the best

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.