Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, A49ER08 said:

How come visa is only good for 5 months? I thought it was supposed to be 6 months?

It goes with your medical exam expiration date 

Timeline
1 minute ago, A49ER08 said:

medical exam expires in 2023

so.. it doesn't make sense

What I remember your medical exam is good for 6 months and usually visa expiration is 6 months from the date examination was taken 

Timeline

i cam back with another question..i called NVc they said i am free to upload any documents like transcript but case is complete they sent that to Islamabad embassy so if i upload anything Islamabad officers can see them?

2nd question ...what is register and select a document pick up location mean?this says we have to get this done before medcal?

3rd question at interview is there any Fees we have to take with us?or after interview?

please please advise.....

I have a question if any body has gone through it and can help.  I am CR-1, I completed and submitted IV application (DS-260) back in June 2020 and the rest of the Civil and financial documents on 24 feb 2021 and DQed the same day.  My question is that at the time of interview my DS-260 would have probably been submitted more than a year ago. How will it affect my case?

We got call from Islamabad embassy on feb 25 saying you put request to expedite we need passport then we will make decision and then this email 

Dear Applicant,

We are glad to inform that our office is ready for further processing of the subject case and requires the following to be completed before the final review of the case:

1. Valid passport

We sent passport the same day and it went to embassy the next day. Does anyone went through the same situation any idea how long this can take now ? Our status still shows refused and traveldoc that passport is still with embassy 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Sam! said:

We got call from Islamabad embassy on feb 25 saying you put request to expedite we need passport then we will make decision and then this email 

Dear Applicant,

We are glad to inform that our office is ready for further processing of the subject case and requires the following to be completed before the final review of the case:

1. Valid passport

We sent passport the same day and it went to embassy the next day. Does anyone went through the same situation any idea how long this can take now ? Our status still shows refused and traveldoc that passport is still with embassy 

They will let you know, there is a huge backlog at the embassy. Status "Refused" is normal, it will change once they will update the status

Timeline
12 hours ago, Sam! said:

Dear Applicant,

1. Valid passport

Were you in AP? 
we got same email few days before you. Still waiting 

Timeline

Just had my interview at Islamabad Embassy. Visa got approved. My question is now, how long does it take for Passport to reach to Karachi office. Consular said you should get in less than 2 weeks. Does it really take that long or do I except it get there early. Please let me know. Thank you 

753A9D95-8913-41A5-AE57-8071287BA448.thumb.jpeg.e8a93b7d398d83827ef5c26aaae723bc.jpegHi, waiting for IL at Islamabad Embassy since DQ August 2020, NVC responded yesterday through email , we are F2A for Children. I am sharing a screen shot please check.

Edited by Butterfly2
Too long

3 hours ago, Legendinthemaking said:

Just had my interview at Islamabad Embassy. Visa got approved. My question is now, how long does it take for Passport to reach to Karachi office. Consular said you should get in less than 2 weeks. Does it really take that long or do I except it get there early. Please let me know. Thank you 

People usually get them in about a week, some even the same week (if your interview was Monday or Tuesday). 

Btw, from Facebook, you don’t need a true translation of your nikkanama if you already have a English version and Urdu version of your documents. And no need to reopen fill out a DS-260 if you don’t get an email from the embassy to do so.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.