Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, A49ER08 said:

I hear there is some protests going on in Islamabad, does anyone know if this is affecting how an individual can get to the embassy?

My wife has her interview tomorrow, at 0830, and is relying on public transportation.

Is the shuttle service still available? She should go early and find out if shuttle is leaving on timely manner but it would be better to arrange other transportation just in case. 

Hi, I received this email on 21 sep,2020
The Department of State's National Visa Center (NVC) received your approved immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC's role is to ensure you are prepared for your immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General, and to schedule your interview appointment.

and after that i haven't received any update from nvc or embassy.
I have tried calling the embassy and the mailed the nvc but i could not get any useful information, if there is anyone who can update regarding the interviews it will be much appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

well my wife has made it to Islamabad, and is staying the night at a friend'  house.

everything tracking properly.. she has to be up in a few hours to go to the interview..

inshaAllah hopefullly everything goes well

I'll keep you all posted on the results.

10 hours ago, A49ER08 said:

well my wife has made it to Islamabad, and is staying the night at a friend'  house.

everything tracking properly.. she has to be up in a few hours to go to the interview..

inshaAllah hopefullly everything goes well

I'll keep you all posted on the results.

What is your DQ date and Interview date?

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Happy47 said:

What is your DQ date and Interview date?

if you actually click my timeline, you would find that information.

anyways, before I begin this infuriating review, I'm warning you all.. that I might be a bit aggressive , if you want to report me , you can, I really don't give 2 shits.

Pakistan Islamabad Embassy can go **** itself

My wife brought all the documents required, yet, they want another version of Urdu Nikkanama.. I'm not sure why & I'm also not sure which 'version'  they are asking for.

the Urdu Nikkanama was uploaded to CEAC and accepted, and that was what was brought to the interview along with copies of it, and yet they decided that they want "another version" of it?

not only that,  the passport style photos with WHITE background were rejected, because "apparently" the size was too small.. yet they accepted that same size on their CEAC Portal.

not only that, they asked my wife about 1000 questions, when the last 50 people who've had an interview got off easy with just 3 or 4 questions.

I had no joint sponsor, there was NO work employment history for my wife, she never has left the country of Pakistan.. yet they interrogated her like she did.

so now we have to redo these documents that they need, and bring them back, within a 24 hour time limit..

seriously??

**** You Islamabad Embassy... we got screwed.

Edited by A49ER08

Timeline
2 hours ago, A49ER08 said:

anyways, before I begin this infuriating review, I'm warning you all.. that I might be a bit aggressive , if you want to report me , you can, I really don't give 2 shits.

My wife brought all the documents required, yet, they want another version of Urdu Nikkanama.. I'm not sure why & I'm also not sure which 'version'  they are asking for.

the Urdu Nikkanama was uploaded to CEAC and accepted, and that was what was brought to the interview along with copies of it, and yet they decided that they want "another version" of it?

not only that,  the passport style photos with WHITE background were rejected, because "apparently" the size was too small.. yet they accepted that same size on their CEAC Portal.

not only that, they asked my wife about 1000 questions, when the last 50 people who've had an interview got off easy with just 3 or 4 questions.

I had no joint sponsor, there was NO work employment history for my wife, she never has left the country of Pakistan.. yet they interrogated her like she did.

so now we have to redo these documents that they need, and bring them back, within a 24 hour time limit..

seriously??

Thats really sad to hear. Did you not submit the urdu nikkah nama. The one you sign on wedding day. Your wife could have asked them which version are they talking about. I honestly don't understand why do they give wives a hard time. Also there are 4 original copies of nikkah nama. You could submit a better version. Maybe the one you submit had some mistakes

Edited by Waiting243

Timeline
16 hours ago, Ali haider said:

Hi, I received this email on 21 sep,2020
The Department of State's National Visa Center (NVC) received your approved immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC's role is to ensure you are prepared for your immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General, and to schedule your interview appointment.

and after that i haven't received any update from nvc or embassy.
I have tried calling the embassy and the mailed the nvc but i could not get any useful information, if there is anyone who can update regarding the interviews it will be much appreciated.

Please read previous posts on this thread. You will find out that people dqed in may 2020 are being interviewed right now. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, A49ER08 said:

seriously??

Did she bring the english translation of the nikkah nama?

4 hours ago, A49ER08 said:

seriously??

I hope you get visa very soon..

i wonder what is the meaning of ‘another version’.

so are you guys going to create another Urdu nikkah nama and sign it again?

thats really sad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.