Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, taymar said:

I'm hoping for this too considering the Mumbai embassy just covered almost 3 months of DQs during their recent batch of ILs. They covered May DQs in January and for this month they covered up to July DQs...hoping Islamabad embassy picks up the pace too...

You're right! They have already given august dqed interviews for march. This is so unfair for pakistanis unfortunately

Timeline
7 hours ago, Fiza Khawar said:

There were cases that were DQ'd on May 22, 23 and 24 as well. They sent out DQ  emails on weekends too so I m not sure why you skipped those dates in your prediction. My case was DQ'D on May 23rd

Oh! You sure? We assumed that maybe they dont work on weekends and so they only dq people on weekdays.

Timeline

I hear there is some protests going on in Islamabad, does anyone know if this is affecting how an individual can get to the embassy?

My wife has her interview tomorrow, at 0830, and is relying on public transportation.

Timeline
3 hours ago, A49ER08 said:

I hear there is some protests going on in Islamabad, does anyone know if this is affecting how an individual can get to the embassy?

My wife has her interview tomorrow, at 0830, and is relying on public transportation.

It'll be better if someone accompanied her. If you know someone in Islamabad,  ask them for alternate routes. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.