Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, sav122 said:

i agree. for them its just a job and not peoples lives thats being affected. im a USC my husbands priority date is november of 2018. we even have an 18 month old daughter that they denied him  a visit visa last year for her birth. they also denied my expedite requests. his dq from nvc is may 22. i feel every time we get so close its that much further. i pray these backlogs get handled and everyone is with their loved ones soon 😞 

Don't worry. Just maximum another month of waiting. You've been strong this long, you can do another month.  Hope you're reunited with your husband soon

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Waiting243 said:

What did they tell her at the interview? Does she have any travel history?

They told her she was approved. They kept her passport and gave her a page that said congratulations along with info packet for after coming to America. She was told she should receive it within two weeks. 

She has traveled with me to Turkey for our honeymoon and to America twice on a visit visa. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jacob_Malik said:

They told her she was approved. They kept her passport and gave her a page that said congratulations along with info packet for after coming to America. She was told she should receive it within two weeks. 

She has traveled with me to Turkey for our honeymoon and to America twice on a visit visa. 

Yes i think it might be her visit to America. I don't know why but they have problens with that which is stupid. Has she ever been refused a visit visa for America? Does she have any immediate relatives like brother or sister in America?

Edited by Waiting243

Timeline
Just now, Waiting243 said:

Yes i think it might be her visit to America. I don't know why but they have problens with that which is stupid. Has she ever been refused a visit visa for America?

Nope. She was given 6 months duration of stay both times and went back to Pakistan well before the time. 

Timeline
Just now, Waiting243 said:

That is strange. Did she have a valid visit visa ?

Yes, She was issued a visitor visa from the same embassy in Islamabad in Dec 2018 for a multi entry visa that expires in December 2023. 

My lawyer seems to think that it’s because we uploaded our 2019 tax documents after getting her interview letter and their status on CEAC is still just submitted. 

14 minutes ago, humzas said:

Genuinely so depressed seeing the Interview letter cutoff at May 18th... having my DQ on May 19th. Not sure what to do anymore

Just pray and be patient, everything happens for a reason! My advice to everyone waiting. I know its hard (trust me) but patience is key. Everything will happen when it is meant.. when it is the right time :)

Timeline
10 hours ago, vjmember1234 said:

even though embassy covered only 2 weeks of DQ ppl in dec 2020 .. but issued in alot more CR1/IR1 visa if you compare to Dec 2019.. 

wish you all the best to the ppl still waiting for IL.. keep praying for everyone and hope for the best!!!

99D738BF-6BB3-4483-971C-51D6F7A2F8E0.jpeg

Their pace in dec was fine. They covered almost all of april dqs. We have to see what their number of aprrovals are in jan and feb becoz that's when they only used teo weeks for interviews

Timeline
9 hours ago, humzas said:

Genuinely so depressed seeing the Interview letter cutoff at May 18th... having my DQ on May 19th. Not sure what to do anymore

Think about it this way. Just one more month and yours is next. You could start preparing for it from now. You could even get the medical done in feb before interview letter comes becoz you will be next.

11 hours ago, bilalasd said:

My wife is dq'd June 2nd

Please keep us updated here when you recieve anything

1 hour ago, Waiting243 said:

Think about it this way. Just one more month and yours is next. You could start preparing for it from now. You could even get the medical done in feb before interview letter comes becoz you will be next.

Please keep us updated here when you recieve anything

Indeed, whether you get the notification tomorrow or three weeks from now, your interview date will be first week of March. It won’t affect your interview date or your interview approval. 

1 hour ago, Waiting243 said:

Their pace in dec was fine. They covered almost all of april dqs. We have to see what their number of aprrovals are in jan and feb becoz that's when they only used teo weeks for interviews

Yes, but I see the frustration that they took one month for most of April DQ’s and then three months for May DQ’s. It’s just bad luck, but things are changing for the better with the new administration. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.