Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Joppike said:

I would hazard that people wait till end of this week. If no further emails then next month most likely. Feb is a shorter month and the interview dates may have already filled 

So that means they will still have to schedule interviews for may dqs between 19th and 30th.  These are so many days. Since they were working on other visa categories and couldn't give all feb to may dqs then I'm only wondering how they will use whole of March to completely may dqs

1 hour ago, Waiting243 said:

So that means they will still have to schedule interviews for may dqs between 19th and 30th.  These are so many days. Since they were working on other visa categories and couldn't give all feb to may dqs then I'm only wondering how they will use whole of March to completely may dqs

This has been such a ridiculous journey, since December I m hoping to hear something and the speed they are working on is unbelievable even though they are aware of the fact they have to cover alot still. The way they are distributing interview dates makes no logic, they gave Feb 10- Feb 22nd for May 11- May 15. And then they gave Feb 22nd-24rth for May 16-18. This makes no sense in any way possible, there is no even distribution. What I have learned today is to keep least hopes from them as they will only bring disappointment. I m DQ'd on May 23rd and I dont know how long more they will drag to give me some news.

5 minutes ago, Fiza Khawar said:

This has been such a ridiculous journey, since December I m hoping to hear something and the speed they are working on is unbelievable even though they are aware of the fact they have to cover alot still. The way they are distributing interview dates makes no logic, they gave Feb 10- Feb 22nd for May 11- May 15. And then they gave Feb 22nd-24rth for May 16-18. This makes no sense in any way possible, there is no even distribution. What I have learned today is to keep least hopes from them as they will only bring disappointment. I m DQ'd on May 23rd and I dont know how long more they will drag to give me some news.

Yes, your frustration is understandable. Last month they covered nearly two weeks and announced dates on December 15th. This month they announced later, on January 19th and 20th and only covered one week. I am thinking they may yet still announce more dates later this week so I'm hoping for the best for those still waiting. 

5 minutes ago, Fiza Khawar said:

I’m in the same boat as you. Imagine the heartbreak when your DQ date is 19th and they cutoff one day before! Just got done with a looong crying session. I’m genuinely happy for everyone else who got their mail! Just so hopeless about my own case. 

1 minute ago, Waiting18 said:

I’m in the same boat as you. Imagine the heartbreak when your DQ date is 19th and they cutoff one day before! Just got done with a looong crying session. I’m genuinely happy for everyone else who got their mail! Just so hopeless about my own case. 

Atleast you have the hope to hear something really soon as you are next in line. I still have 5 more days before me and the speed they are showing I m so hopeless for anything anytime soon

2 minutes ago, Joppike said:

Yes, your frustration is understandable. Last month they covered nearly two weeks and announced dates on December 15th. This month they announced later, on January 19th and 20th and only covered one week. I am thinking they may yet still announce more dates later this week so I'm hoping for the best for those still waiting. 

I really really hope so! But I think they have had their 10 days covered for this month already. Didn't they send out IL to people who were DQ's from May 8 - May 18th?

1 minute ago, Fiza Khawar said:

Atleast you have the hope to hear something really soon as you are next in line. I still have 5 more days before me and the speed they are showing I m so hopeless for anything anytime soon

At least you are next in line to get interview letter. With the speed they are going I’m totally hopeless now DQ in July. 

16 minutes ago, Fiza Khawar said:

I really really hope so! But I think they have had their 10 days covered for this month already. Didn't they send out IL to people who were DQ's from May 8 - May 18th?

May 8th was covered in December I believe, they only covered May 11th - 18th this month. Last month was April 27th - May 8th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.