Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Atif B said:

For i864 it will be changed.

But for ds-260 i think u need to change it.its not a big deal its normal and i have seen people often doing that during interview. For that u can ask the CO during interview and he/she will unlock the doc and update the address.

Also they will confirm the address during ur arrival at the airport in US.

Because at that address they will mail you the green card.

Just now, Atif B said:

U can also ask CBP at the airport for the change of address

Understood, thank you for the explanation. I see the DS-260 is locked on the CEAC page so I'll just let my husband know to inform the CO of the address change so they can unlock and update the form like you stated. Will he need to inform CBP if he already informed the CO? Or is it better to inform both just in case? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Atif B said:

Interview experience

IR1-islamabad

Dq 18th dec 2020

Interview date 7th apr 2022

Interview time 8.30

Reached shuttle station at 6.45am got my shuttle pass for 3000 Rs. The shuttle droped us at the main gate where the staff divided us in to two lanes immigrant visa(IV) and non immigrant visa applicants.

After showing the interview letter they gave us the pass at the gate and guide us into the building for security checking.

After security check i was told to take the elevator to 2nd floor to visa section where i was given 2 tokens. 1 for doc submission and 2nd for interview. After waiting for sometime they announced my token number where i have to submitt my civil docs (original) with passport and 2 recent photographs. The civil docs were

Original birth certificate.

Nadra Marriage certificate.

Urdu marriage certi.

Translation of urdu maariage cert.

Saudi Police clearance certi.(i lived there after 16 years of age for 2 years)

Passport

2 recent photographs

After submiiting the docs the person at the window told me to wait for my turn for interview at the other window.

I noticed that all the CO at the interview stations took around 5 to 10 minutes to review the docs u submitted at the window and at ceac before starting ur interview.

After around 40 minutes of w8 i was called at the window.

The CO greeted  me and confirmed my identity.

Question asked.

1. Who is calling u?

2.Whats her name?

3. When u married?

4. Have u ever married b4?

5. Do u have any childrens?

6.whats your wife do?

7. When she moved to U.S?

8. Why she moved there?

9.where she lives?

10. How u guys communicate?

11.how many times u guys met after marriage?

12. Whats ur highest level of education?

13. What u do for living?

14. Have u been to another country?

15. Purpose of visiting that country?

He then asked me for photographs. I had uploded the photographs on ceac before interview and also printed them in A4 photo paper so that they can easily slide through the window. I arranged the photogrpahs in wedding, selfies, family time, gift records, chat logs SS, call logs SS.

The CO looked at the pictures and asked some questions.

Who is this? (Wedding pic)

How many guests were at your wedding?

Whats happening in this photograph?

Does your wife parents attended the wedding?

Where are they? Show me?

How u send the gifts?

After that he congratulated me saying your visa is approved and gave me the approval letter and asked me did i got the spouse rights doc. To which i replied yes. He returned me all my original docs and kept my passport and told me to expect my passport with visa witin 2 weeks.

Side note

I had made 4 different files and labeled them accordingly.

1st civil documents.(contain all my original docs, ds 260 print etc)

2nd financial. ( tax records, AoS etc)

3rd. Supporting docs.(pictures, SS chat and call logs, copy of petitioners driving license, paaspprt, naturalization cert., ticket records etc)

4th set of the photocopies of the above said. (Although its not required but i took them just to be on the safe side. If they needed).

Congratulations… All the best for your journey ahead

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Alina_M said:

Understood, thank you for the explanation. I see the DS-260 is locked on the CEAC page so I'll just let my husband know to inform the CO of the address change so they can unlock and update the form like you stated. Will he need to inform CBP if he already informed the CO? Or is it better to inform both just in case? 

Inform the CO before taking the oath avout change of address and any details you want to correct/change/update on DS-260.

Timeline
2 hours ago, podeena said:

Hey guys any one knows if ISL is still stuck in December 2020 or anyone got their IL from DQ date January 2021.🤔 please share.

Isb embassy send IL in mid or at the end of the each month. Last month i think they sent il till 31st dec DQd.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Atif B said:

Interview experience

IR1-islamabad

Dq 18th dec 2020

Interview date 7th apr 2022

Interview time 8.30

Reached shuttle station at 6.45am got my shuttle pass for 3000 Rs. The shuttle droped us at the main gate where the staff divided us in to two lanes immigrant visa(IV) and non immigrant visa applicants.

After showing the interview letter they gave us the pass at the gate and guide us into the building for security checking.

After security check i was told to take the elevator to 2nd floor to visa section where i was given 2 tokens. 1 for doc submission and 2nd for interview. After waiting for sometime they announced my token number where i have to submitt my civil docs (original) with passport and 2 recent photographs. The civil docs were

Original birth certificate.

Nadra Marriage certificate.

Urdu marriage certi.

Translation of urdu maariage cert.

Saudi Police clearance certi.(i lived there after 16 years of age for 2 years)

Passport

2 recent photographs

After submiiting the docs the person at the window told me to wait for my turn for interview at the other window.

I noticed that all the CO at the interview stations took around 5 to 10 minutes to review the docs u submitted at the window and at ceac before starting ur interview.

After around 40 minutes of w8 i was called at the window.

The CO greeted  me and confirmed my identity.

Question asked.

1. Who is calling u?

2.Whats her name?

3. When u married?

4. Have u ever married b4?

5. Do u have any childrens?

6.whats your wife do?

7. When she moved to U.S?

8. Why she moved there?

9.where she lives?

10. How u guys communicate?

11.how many times u guys met after marriage?

12. Whats ur highest level of education?

13. What u do for living?

14. Have u been to another country?

15. Purpose of visiting that country?

He then asked me for photographs. I had uploded the photographs on ceac before interview and also printed them in A4 photo paper so that they can easily slide through the window. I arranged the photogrpahs in wedding, selfies, family time, gift records, chat logs SS, call logs SS.

The CO looked at the pictures and asked some questions.

Who is this? (Wedding pic)

How many guests were at your wedding?

Whats happening in this photograph?

Does your wife parents attended the wedding?

Where are they? Show me?

How u send the gifts?

After that he congratulated me saying your visa is approved and gave me the approval letter and asked me did i got the spouse rights doc. To which i replied yes. He returned me all my original docs and kept my passport and told me to expect my passport with visa witin 2 weeks.

Side note

I had made 4 different files and labeled them accordingly.

1st civil documents.(contain all my original docs, ds 260 print etc)

2nd financial. ( tax records, AoS etc)

3rd. Supporting docs.(pictures, SS chat and call logs, copy of petitioners driving license, paaspprt, naturalization cert., ticket records etc)

4th set of the photocopies of the above said. (Although its not required but i took them just to be on the safe side. If they needed).

Thank you for the review. Very detailed and informative.

Kindly post this under the consulate review too. Might help others who are in line for the interview at ISB consulate.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

Thank you for the review. Very detailed and informative.

Kindly post this under the consulate review too. Might help others who are in line for the interview at ISB consulate.

I tried this morning but there seems to be a problem. Will try it now

amazing share by ATIF B. Question 11 kinda worries me (11.how many times u guys met after marriage?)

because i have not yet had chance to visit my wife since nikkah 2 yrs ago (covid+work) what could be a good reply? n what additional can they ask for? i may visit her in 2months.. take lot of pictures i guess... any tips on this question 

Timeline
1 minute ago, DoodBoy said:

because i have not yet had chance to visit my wife since nikkah 2 yrs ago (covid+work) what could be a good reply? n what additional can they ask for? i may visit her in 2months.. take lot of pictures i guess... any tips on this question 

The CO does not care about the excuses as to why you could not visit your wife such as due to covid/work. They would definitely raise questions regarding that. 

Your best bet is to visit your wife as often as possible and spend time with her and document it.

Timeline
17 hours ago, DoodBoy said:

amazing share by ATIF B. Question 11 kinda worries me (11.how many times u guys met after marriage?)

Mine case was same too. We didnt met after wedding and at the time of interview it was more then 2 years.

I replyd that because of covid and her studies she couldnt visit . But my other family member which are there do visit them in states.

The CO said ok and he didnt seem to be concerned may be i think becoz of the family pictures that i uploded as proof, visiting them along with birthday and anniversary party.

32 minutes ago, Atif B said:

Mine case was same too. We didnt met after wedding and at the time of interview it was more then 2 years.

I replyd that because of covid and her studies she couldnt visit . But my other family member which are there do visit them in states.

The CO said ok and he didnt seem to be concerned may be i think becoz of the family pictures that i uploded as proof, visiting them along with birthday and anniversary party.

your interview took 15 months is that correct with dec 18 2020 dq? 

1 minute ago, Atif B said:

Yes.

P.d 3 amrch 2020

alright cause my wife case document qualified December 21 2021 so just seeing a trend here of when to expect hopefully March 2023 for  my wife to expect interview letter.  

I do not think priory date matters for ir1-cr1 souse visa type mostly the document qualified date. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

alright cause my wife case document qualified December 21 2021 so just seeing a trend here of when to expect hopefully March 2023 for  my wife to expect interview letter.  

I do not think priory date matters for ir1-cr1 souse visa type mostly the document qualified date. 

Yes PD doesn't matter our is October 2019 with US citizen i130 for spouse IR1 it's only going by  DQ  date our is Aug 21 still waiting for  IL God knows how many more months annoying wait but patience is the key  as everyone said one Day IA we will be together that's the prayer for all you just have to wait and pray that ISL will move too they're stuck in December 2020 still when India is already done with Oct 2021,God knows who works in ISL embassy 😠🤔.🙏🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.