Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

hi folks, i have jointed the Race. 

Just received my DQ for my CR1 Applied in Dec 2020 for my spouse in Krachi. So now waiting for islamabad interview date. Any idea how long will it take?

Meanwhile, can anyone advise any tips until the interview? is there anything we should start gathering & those who had interviews what's been their experience like? if they can share, appreciate it. 

I am so grateful to the VJ team here, they've been giving us some great advice through out. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, DoodBoy said:

hi folks, i have jointed the Race. 

Just received my DQ for my CR1 Applied in Dec 2020 for my spouse in Krachi. So now waiting for islamabad interview date. Any idea how long will it take?

Meanwhile, can anyone advise any tips until the interview? is there anything we should start gathering & those who had interviews what's been their experience like? if they can share, appreciate it. 

I am so grateful to the VJ team here, they've been giving us some great advice through out. 

Hi, You’d likely get your IL 12-18 months from DQ date.

Have all documents in one place everything that was submitted especially evidence of your relationship that could include pictures and your passport stamps from when you visited your spouse and whatever else you would like to show as proof. Upload all of this when you get your interview date on to the CEAC portal. Additionally, when you get the IL upload your spouse’s latest passport pictures and ofcourse take them along on interview day.

From what I’ve seen, most people who had uploaded everything only got asked for a few documents in embassy and had a quick interview and got approved on the spot.

Also, you’ll have to submit an updated AOS form for all sponsors before the interview and add the previous years income details as well as upload the new tax returns.

If you have everything with you at interview, Inn-Sha-Allah your spouse will get approval. You can join Facebook groups as well where people share their interview experiences and what questions they were asked.

Hi, I received a DQ Date for my IR1 case on Jan 2021 and had a couple of questions regarding the required/optional documents for online submittal/review:

We completed out DS-260 form in Dec of 2020 so we were wondering if we had to fill it out again for the interview or if my husband would just need to re-sign the form and generate a new barcode at the interview?

For the pictures, I have them saved in a folder as well as zipped. However, the CEAC website does not allow attachments more than a couple of MB's so I am unable to upload them. Can he just bring the photos to the interview or is there a way to upload them online without surpassing the size limit?

If we filled out a new I-864/tax information, do we have to bring the original ones as well, or just the newest one?

Edited by Alina_M
Posted by accident without writing questions.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Alina_M said:

Hi, I received a DQ Date for my IR1 case on Jan 2021 and had a couple of questions regarding the required/optional documents for online submittal/review:

We completed out DS-260 form in Dec of 2020 so we were wondering if we had to fill it out again for the interview or if my husband would just need to re-sign the form and generate a new barcode at the interview?

For the pictures, I have them saved in a folder as well as zipped. However, the CEAC website does not allow attachments more than a couple of MB's so I am unable to upload them. Can he just bring the photos to the interview or is there a way to upload them online without surpassing the size limit?

If we filled out a new I-864/tax information, do we have to bring the original ones as well, or just the newest one?

No need for new DS260. If any information needs to be changed or updated then your husband should simply inform the CO before taking the oath so that it doesn't have any negative impact on your case. The same barcode will work for the interview.

For pictures, you'd have to paste them in a word document and then create a pdf and try a pdf compressing software. Limit the number of photos on the word document to meet the size limit and send the rest of the pictures with him to interview.

They won't ask for I-864 or tax returns/forms if everything is updated online. My husband had both his old one and latest one but if they ask it's probably going to be the latest you submitted as that would have the updated information. FYI if your husband's interview is after April 15 then you would need tax returns for 2021 as well and enter all that info in the form.

9 minutes ago, zellahy said:

No need for new DS260. If any information needs to be changed or updated then your husband should simply inform the CO before taking the oath so that it doesn't have any negative impact on your case. The same barcode will work for the interview.

For pictures, you'd have to paste them in a word document and then create a pdf and try a pdf compressing software. Limit the number of photos on the word document to meet the size limit and send the rest of the pictures with him to interview.

They won't ask for I-864 or tax returns/forms if everything is updated online. My husband had both his old one and latest one but if they ask it's probably going to be the latest you submitted as that would have the updated information. FYI if your husband's interview is after April 15 then you would need tax returns for 2021 as well and enter all that info in the form.

Great, thank you for the information. 

I'll go ahead and do that then. 

Yup I already filled out the new updated 2021 I-864 and sent my husband the tax return/W-2's. Thank you! 

5 hours ago, zellahy said:

Hi, You’d likely get your IL 12-18 months from DQ date.

Have all documents in one place everything that was submitted especially evidence of your relationship that could include pictures and your passport stamps from when you visited your spouse and whatever else you would like to show as proof. Upload all of this when you get your interview date on to the CEAC portal. Additionally, when you get the IL upload your spouse’s latest passport pictures and ofcourse take them along on interview day.

From what I’ve seen, most people who had uploaded everything only got asked for a few documents in embassy and had a quick interview and got approved on the spot.

Also, you’ll have to submit an updated AOS form for all sponsors before the interview and add the previous years income details as well as upload the new tax returns.

If you have everything with you at interview, Inn-Sha-Allah your spouse will get approval. You can join Facebook groups as well where people share their interview experiences and what questions they were asked.

wow 12-18 month ok. Has there been any miracles? where someone got IL in 6months? 

Ahh i didnot visit her since nikkah.. like only had nikka and sent photos of nikkah when filing i-130. Since then i have not visited her (2yrs) due to covid & work.. do u think that will cause a problem? a red flag? someone suggested i DEFINATELY need to go n show that i spent time with her n take family pix together as i visit & spend time w/ her. IF THIS IS A MUST,  I can only go for 20 vacation days. Probably in May-Jun 2022. is it a MUST i visit? I had plans that once she get visa i utilize my 20 days then n do rukhsati n lil spend time with her family then... but if its MUST that i visit to get approval, i will. What do you think? 

when i get IL? (interview letter?) o upload new photos on CAEC portal? thats where the NVC site stuff ds-260, i-865 is right?  the pictures should i replace them or add the (new ones) in additional/other document section? 

I have no co-sponsors, so no need.

Thanks, i appreciate it.

Edited by DoodBoy

Timeline
1 hour ago, DoodBoy said:

wow 12-18 month ok. Has there been any miracles? where someone got IL in 6months? 

Ahh i didnot visit her since nikkah.. like only had nikka and sent photos of nikkah when filing i-130. Since then i have not visited her (2yrs) due to covid & work.. do u think that will cause a problem? a red flag? someone suggested i DEFINATELY need to go n show that i spent time with her n take family pix together as i visit & spend time w/ her. IF THIS IS A MUST,  I can only go for 20 vacation days. Probably in May-Jun 2022. is it a MUST i visit? I had plans that once she get visa i utilize my 20 days then n do rukhsati n lil spend time with her family then... but if its MUST that i visit to get approval, i will. What do you think? 

when i get IL? (interview letter?) o upload new photos on CAEC portal? thats where the NVC site stuff ds-260, i-865 is right?  the pictures should i replace them or add the (new ones) in additional/other document section? 

I have no co-sponsors, so no need.

Thanks, i appreciate it.

People with expedite can get it quicker but it's very difficult to get expedite approved.

They will ask your wife why you didn't visit her after your marriage so prepare answer for that. I'm not entirely sure but you could submit a written explanation as to why you didn't visit under additional documents in CEAC. You can even explain that you intend to visit once your wife's visa is issued. There are plenty of people who couldn't visit because of work and covid. If possible, do try to visit otherwise just follow the above mentioned steps.

You can't replace the pictures themselves but you will upload everything under additional documents. Best time to submit would be after you have received your wife's IL.

Yes. CEAC is the site where the DS-260 and the AOS documents were submitted.

P.S. I am attaching a response someone gave to a post with a similar situation as you. 

t shouldn’t cause an issue as long as you can explain why you weren’t able to visit. The interviewers there are all from the US so I’m sure they’re aware of the extremely short amount of vacation time we get 

Timeline
2 hours ago, podeena said:

Hey guys any new IL for March ?? still DQ Nov Or Dec 2020?? when ISL will work fast😡

They have sent out a few ILs and covered like 3 days of interviews i.e. till 3rd March 2022 and DQ is 30 nov 2020… They might issue more soon because almost the whole month is left

Timeline
2 hours ago, zellahy said:

They have sent out a few ILs and covered like 3 days of interviews i.e. till 3rd March 2022 and DQ is 30 nov 2020… They might issue more soon because almost the whole month is left

Any update on your case ?🙏

Timeline
34 minutes ago, muhammad talha said:

Married 2017 november

PD 2018 march

DQ 31,12,2020

Waiting for IL islamabad

Very disappointed.

You’ll likely get yours in March as they should cover a lot of Dec 2020 DQ’s this month…Good luck

Timeline
On 2/23/2022 at 3:56 PM, podeena said:

Hey guys any new IL for March ?? still DQ Nov Or Dec 2020?? when ISL will work fast😡

They have covered till Dec 15, 2020. Next ILs after 15 march

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.