Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife had her interview this morning and she was approved thanks to God. She told me the interview was pretty short with only a hand full of generic questions (like birthdays and how we met) and after looking at a few photos the interviewer said she was approved and told her she should have her passport back within 2 weeks :)

7 hours ago, Zaidi5 said:

My cousin divorced her wife and got re-married after 3 months. After all the processing when my "Bhabi" has her interview she took the copy of Court order of divorce, she was not asked about the original Divorce certificate. I am pretty sure that my cousin don't even have the divorce certificate, he only had court order back in 2018. His wife got her Visa after a week in June 2018.

I am pretty sure that you do not need original divorce certificate. As it is logical that this document does not belong to you it belongs to your husband. Plus I also have an experience in  my house. 

hmm well that copy of court order was also belongs to Husband/petitioner correct?

probably copy of court order or divorce certificate probably does work as well.. but i have read for some people they asked for it..

i would still take original.. just in case... 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Zaidi5 said:

My cousin divorced her wife and got re-married after 3 months. After all the processing when my "Bhabi" has her interview she took the copy of Court order of divorce, she was not asked about the original Divorce certificate. I am pretty sure that my cousin don't even have the divorce certificate, he only had court order back in 2018. His wife got her Visa after a week in June 2018.

I am pretty sure that you do not need original divorce certificate. As it is logical that this document does not belong to you it belongs to your husband. Plus I also have an experience in  my house. 

Makes sense. Thank you 

On 1/5/2021 at 8:22 PM, Skull78000 said:

You should take an updated one. Every interview is different. Maybe they will ask from you . Maybe they wont. Just have it with you on the safe side

Hey did your status change to issued?

1 hour ago, Jacob_Malik said:

My wife had her interview this morning and she was approved thanks to God. She told me the interview was pretty short with only a hand full of generic questions (like birthdays and how we met) and after looking at a few photos the interviewer said she was approved and told her she should have her passport back within 2 weeks :)

Did your status change or still showing ready?

On 1/5/2021 at 1:31 PM, Skull78000 said:

The interview went very easy Alhamdulilah !!

my husband told them he wants the interview in urdu but they still made him take it in english!

They just asked few easy questions and checked few of the documents .. Alhamdulilah this long journey is over for me!!  

@jamesbond123  @Lexushim  @IFK  @Joppike   @Saim10

(Also if you have mistakes on your affidavit or DS 260 dont worry) they dont really care !! :)

i have been annoying to all of you always asking questions Sorryyy for that !! 

MAAshaa ALLAH

Congratulations very happy for you

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MSK4 said:

Hey did your status change to issued?

Did your status change or still showing ready?

It is still showing as ready. Given that the interview was only a few hours ago I don’t expect it to change today.

3 minutes ago, CiaAgentN18 said:

Any idea when we can expect interview letters to come for May DQs? Was expecting something this week but nothing so far. 

I was also expecting in this week but now inshaAllah  next week we'll  get IL my dq is 18 may 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, CiaAgentN18 said:

Any idea when we can expect interview letters to come for May DQs? Was expecting something this week but nothing so far. 

What makes you expect them to issue the letters this week? When the last 2 batches were in the middle of the month?

6 hours ago, vjmember1234 said:

hmm well that copy of court order was also belongs to Husband/petitioner correct?

probably copy of court order or divorce certificate probably does work as well.. but i have read for some people they asked for it..

i would still take original.. just in case... 

Original documents belongs to the Petitioner, because he/she might also need for his/her personal use back in the US. Beneficiary is not supposed to bring original documents of Petitioner.  In your case, luckily you have the original document (good for you) but it is not required. I hope I made any sense...

4 hours ago, A49ER08 said:

What makes you expect them to issue the letters this week? When the last 2 batches were in the middle of the month?

From the last few months they are issuing interview letters in second week of the month.  In my opinion all the May DQs will get their interview letter on 12 or 13 January. But you never know it's ISL embassy, they do not work as per logic, they work according to their mood. Hope!!!!

22 minutes ago, Zaidi5 said:

Original documents belongs to the Petitioner, because he/she might also need for his/her personal use back in the US. Beneficiary is not supposed to bring original documents of Petitioner.  In your case, luckily you have the original document (good for you) but it is not required. I hope I made any sense...

well i won’t argue.. but i would still say .. I have seen people where husband/wife didn’t have orginal divorce certificate of there USC spouse (divorced in PAK) .. and then Embassy asked them to send it asap to process visa further.. 

I have my friend sent it frm here in US via fedex right after  his wife got IL.. she took it with her.. 

well at the end its all your choice.. 

4 hours ago, A49ER08 said:

I hope they would come up with some kinda mechanism to complete this backlog .. the way things moving right now.. if it stays like that.. people will be waiting for a year after DQ to get IL  .. ☹️☹️☹️

Timeline
1 hour ago, vjmember1234 said:

well i won’t argue.. but i would still say .. I have seen people where husband/wife didn’t have orginal divorce certificate of there USC spouse (divorced in PAK) .. and then Embassy asked them to send it asap to process visa further.. 

I have my friend sent it frm here in US via fedex right after  his wife got IL.. she took it with her.. 

well at the end its all your choice.. 

Yeah i agree... i know someone stuck in AP for this reason since a year or more.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.