Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ek1357 said:

I requested an expedite of my EAD on 2/8/21 and it just got approved 🙏 I am so happy I could run around my complex shouting. 
We did not have a job offer but used the following reasons:

1- final stage interview at a biotech company that is the biggest supplier of covid tests in the world 

2- financial loss, explaining that we had saved to cover 4 months of expenditure per the processing times upon our arrival but since we got here the processing times have significantly increased and we are now down to zero in terms of savings for basic living costs 

Congratulations!! EAD really makes things much better!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hoping to see if anyone else is in a similar situation to mine - I applied in August 2020 and did not include the i 944 form since it wasn’t required at the time. I haven’t been asked for it since, despite seeing many people here getting a rfie for it. I finally did my biometrics a couple of weeks ago and now my case status has been updated to ready for interview to be scheduled. I’m confused because I still haven’t supplied form I 944! Has this happened to anyone else?  

Edited by ECCK

Both of our I-864 status' changed to approved today! No mention of every scheduling an interview. It's nice to have a little bit of luck!

4 hours ago, ek1357 said:

I requested an expedite of my EAD on 2/8/21 and it just got approved 🙏 I am so happy I could run around my complex shouting. 
We did not have a job offer but used the following reasons:

1- final stage interview at a biotech company that is the biggest supplier of covid tests in the world 

2- financial loss, explaining that we had saved to cover 4 months of expenditure per the processing times upon our arrival but since we got here the processing times have significantly increased and we are now down to zero in terms of savings for basic living costs 

Hi there! How soon after you submitted the request did they email you for evidence? I put one in Feb 12 and have not received any request for more evidence (today is Business Day 5). 

6 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

Both of our I-864 status' changed to approved today! No mention of every scheduling an interview. It's nice to have a little bit of luck!

Congrats!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 2/17/2021 at 9:23 AM, Jacobo said:

Hello guys, a few updates to share with you.

I had biometrics 7 days ago (02/10/2021). That same day, my status changed to Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken for both I-485 and I-765. The next day (02/11/2021) my status for I-485 changed again, this time for Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview. And yesterday (02/16/2021) my status changed to Interview Was Scheduled. So much movement in less than a week! I don't know my Interview Date yet, I will have to wait for the notice in the mail. Thus, my timeline is as follows:

Filed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-944. 
Marriage Based. 
- PD: 08/03/2020
- NOA1: 09/11/2020
- Service request about a notice I didn’t receive (biometrics): 11/12/2020 (never got a response)
- NOA2 (biometrics notice): 01/25/2021

- Biometrics appointment: 02/10/2021

- Interview Scheduled: 02/16/2021
- Hialeah, FL Field Office per zip code

No changes in the case status for I-130, and I-131 other than Case Was Received.

I-765 case status remains as Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken.

Guys I received today my Interview Notice in the mail. The sender was the NBC, I thought it was going to be my Local Field Office (Hialeah, FL) haha. Anyway, it is scheduled for March 22 :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Still no biometrics for me. I contacted my senator last week and his office are gonna contact USCIS for me to see what's up. Doesn't hurt to try 🤷‍♀️

Edited by mbssss

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

2 hours ago, Apshot said:

I have no idea but my I 485 just updated to interview scheduled. It looks like they skipping the whole EAD process. My whole green card application has been straightforward.

Edit: I mean my wife 

My daughters EAD/AP applications are still case was received even though her AOS was approved. So yeah, seems to be a thing!

Also I changed my AOS to say approved but it still says pending. Wonder if that's due to no interview date. Guess I am stuck with that until ROC lol.

Edited by Cilllah

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

11 hours ago, houyuanpingguoshu said:

Me neither. Maybe I also need to try contacting senator.

We received a request for the I-944 in Oct. Sent it in and was received on Nov. 20. We have heard nothing ever since. Contacted USCIS almost two weeks ago to speak to a 2nd tier officer. They never called. Contacted my congresswoman, never contacted me back. 😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.