Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Blackbear2021 said:

Anyone here from Louisiana have any updates? 

Aug 18th: Submitted I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 

Receipts on Sept 8

Sept 18 bio fee accepted 

Nothing since. I've seen a lot of people are finally getting biometrics from August. Contacted senator, ombudsman, uscis multiple times...the story is the same. They can't do anything until biometrics are done. 

Hi. I am from Louisiana, New Orleans.

July 31: submitted I-130, I-131, I-485, I- 765

August 3: received by USCIS, PD 

August 13: Fingerprints fee was accepted 

August 19: NOA 

January 7: letter that my biometrics have been scheduled 

February 1: biometrics scheduled 

I contacted USCIS multiple times, submitted service requests, requested calls with Tier 2, contacted a congressman who never got back to me, Senator and ombudsman. I think the Senator was the one who actually helped me. They contacted USCIS three times on my behalf and the third time was a charm - finally got my biometrics scheduled. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, onlyme said:
got my biometric appointment letter,
Dated Jan 23,
PD Aug 6
Bio.Appt: Feb 18
ASC: New Orleans, Louisiana

New Orleans is finally moving!!!

My PD is August 3

Biometrics appointment letter dated January 7 

Biometrics Appointment: February 1 

Timeline
On 1/29/2021 at 2:13 PM, Cilllah said:

Yeah. That is what everyone says! I am just a super anxious person and have had losses before so I worry! Plus I feel like after months of immigration and pandemic stuff I am already feeling not the best lol!
Yes! My tracking number says that I should get my card tomorrow at the latest! It's already in my town so I am hoping that is true!

Hey! I am in a similar situation as you. I had my anatomy scan on January 12 so I guess I am just a few weeks ahead of you - 22 weeks this week. I am still waiting for EAD and AP and it drives me crazy. My son is in Bulgaria and I can’t travel to see him, his B-2 expired already and I doubt they will give him a new one now when I am applying for AOS. The first time they gave him B2 was to visit his mum who studies in the US. Now, My husband is submitting I-130 for him but it may take at least a year. He is so sad he won’t be able to see the baby when the baby is born. 

congratulations on your AP and EAD! I finally got my bio appointment so may be things started moving! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Riley and SP said:

Hi. I am from Louisiana, New Orleans.

July 31: submitted I-130, I-131, I-485, I- 765

August 3: received by USCIS, PD 

August 13: Fingerprints fee was accepted 

August 19: NOA 

January 7: letter that my biometrics have been scheduled 

February 1: biometrics scheduled 

I contacted USCIS multiple times, submitted service requests, requested calls with Tier 2, contacted a congressman who never got back to me, Senator and ombudsman. I think the Senator was the one who actually helped me. They contacted USCIS three times on my behalf and the third time was a charm - finally got my biometrics scheduled. 

Sounds like they should be getting to us soon! Thanks for the information. I'm hoping to hear something in the next two weeks. Which Senator did you use? 

Edited by Blackbear2021

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Blackbear2021 said:

Sounds like they should be getting to us soon! Thanks for the information. I'm hoping to hear something in the next two weeks. Which Senator did you use? 

Kennedy - his office was really very helpful.

They contacted USCIS at the end of October to request expedited EAD and AP. USCIS denied because of lack of biometrics.

The senator’s office contacted USCIS again in December asking USCIS to schedule my biometrics - USCIS replied that they don’t expedite biometrics at this time.

30 days later, in January, the senator’s office contacted USCIS again asking what is happening with my biometrics- the third time was a charm and USCIS finally scheduled my biometrics for February 1.

Which senator did you contact? 

I also contacted Cedric Richmond (the congressman) who is alumni from my law school - he never got back to me!! Senator Kennedy’s office has been very responsive and helpful though. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Riley and SP said:

Kennedy - his office was really very helpful.

They contacted USCIS at the end of October to request expedited EAD and AP. USCIS denied because of lack of biometrics.

The senator’s office contacted USCIS again in December asking USCIS to schedule my biometrics - USCIS replied that they don’t expedite biometrics at this time.

30 days later, in January, the senator’s office contacted USCIS again asking what is happening with my biometrics- the third time was a charm and USCIS finally scheduled my biometrics for February 1.

Which senator did you contact? 

I also contacted Cedric Richmond (the congressman) who is alumni from my law school - he never got back to me!! Senator Kennedy’s office has been very responsive and helpful though. 

We used Kennedy as well and his aide, Christy, was extremely helpful. They got the same response about biometrics as you. It looks like a few August filers on here from Louisiana are just getting them scheduled. 

Did y'all get any notifications online, text or email or was it just a letter in the mail? I've heard that people aren't getting updates on their uscis account and it's just being mailed out. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Blackbear2021 said:

We used Kennedy as well and his aide, Christy, was extremely helpful. They got the same response about biometrics as you. It looks like a few August filers on here from Louisiana are just getting them scheduled. 

Did y'all get any notifications online, text or email or was it just a letter in the mail? I've heard that people aren't getting updates on their uscis account and it's just being mailed out. 

Yes, Christy has been super nice. She was the one who first sent me the biometrics appointment letter by email and a week later I received the physical letter from USCIS in the mail. 

We didn’t get any notifications from USCIS online, via text or email. No updates on the USCIS account either. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Riley and SP said:

Yes, Christy has been super nice. She was the one who first sent me the biometrics appointment letter by email and a week later I received the physical letter from USCIS in the mail. 

We didn’t get any notifications from USCIS online, via text or email. No updates on the USCIS account either. 

I'll reach out to her again next week, just to have her check up on things again like you did. I'm definitely going to have her send in my EAD expedite request once we have my wife's biometrics. She seems to be one of the few who actually try and get things done. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 hours ago, Blackbear2021 said:

Did it say anything online, text, email or did it just show up in the mail? I've read that a lot of people are not getting any notifications and it's just coming in the mail. 

no update on the website, i think they are working on Jul and Aug at Louisiana, good luck

Timeline
1 hour ago, Blackbear2021 said:

I'll reach out to her again next week, just to have her check up on things again like you did. I'm definitely going to have her send in my EAD expedite request once we have my wife's biometrics. She seems to be one of the few who actually try and get things done. 

Yes, definitely follow up with her. She told me she can check up on the status of my application with USCIS every 30 days, and that’s what we did. 

I will also email her this week after the biometrics to ask her to send a request for expedited EAD

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Riley and SP said:

Yes, definitely follow up with her. She told me she can check up on the status of my application with USCIS every 30 days, and that’s what we did. 

I will also email her this week after the biometrics to ask her to send a request for expedited EAD

I'll have to check when she did the last inquiry for us.

LLet me know how the expedited EAD goes. My wife is a doctor, so it should be pretty straightforward for us. Healthcare professionals seem to be getting approved really quickly. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Blackbear2021 said:

I'll have to check when she did the last inquiry for us.

LLet me know how the expedited EAD goes. My wife is a doctor, so it should be pretty straightforward for us. Healthcare professionals seem to be getting approved really quickly. 

Yes, that’s what I heard as well - it should be easy for you guys. There is a need for doctors, no one needs lawyers. 🤣 I just graduated law school and have an offer with a law firm I have been working for through law school (they needed to terminate my employment last week when my F-1 visa expired). I am trying to play my husband is a doctor - a resident so we need to live on his residency income card. Also, I am 6 months pregnant and we have increased expenses so hopefully that works and they have mercy. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

No bios this week either. This entire process almost doesn't feel worth it anymore. Just wasting my life by staying at home and unable to work basically. 

Edited by mbssss

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mbssss said:

No bios this week either. This entire process almost doesn't feel worth it anymore. Just wasting my life by staying at home and unable to work basically. 

what is your PD? Mine is 09/10 still waiting :) I had to make a request over biometrics, hope it will work :))) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.