Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, kkmk said:

I also received my biometrics appointment on the mail. but i still haven't submitted my form i-944 (RFIE)...still working on it :`(

it is such a torturous process for this stupid i-944...i was hoping biden would kill this public charge rule asap hahaha 

Hopefully 🙏🏻 In 3 days Biden will sign an executive order directing an immediate review of the Public Charge Rule. However, public charge requires a rulemaking process, so it cannot disappear overnight. It appears that this upcoming executive order will only direct agency officials to review the Public Charge rules and make recommendations to reverse them. This was posted by The Hill 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
22 hours ago, Cilllah said:

I want to cry! I checked all six of my applications. AOS, EAD and AP for K1 and K2. All the same but I checked my EAD last and the status changed to new card is being produced. I want to cry. I am so happy! I can have a life now!

No Way!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Congrats!

17 minutes ago, Jacobo said:

Hopefully 🙏🏻 In 3 days Biden will sign an executive order directing an immediate review of the Public Charge Rule. However, public charge requires a rulemaking process, so it cannot disappear overnight. It appears that this upcoming executive order will only direct agency officials to review the Public Charge rules and make recommendations to reverse them. This was posted by The Hill 

omg great news, that would be amazing! it's too much wishful thinking but it would be amazing if the supreme court decided for once and for all to block the rule in the meantime hahaha

Just checked my status and both my EAD/AP say approved now. Hopefully my K2 will follow soon but I have seen a lot of people say the K2 takes MUCH longer. Otherwise our AOS both just say RFIE received still!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We checked his case status' and his EAD shows "New Card Is Being Produced!"

YAY!!! 💜💜

It's so crazy because they never asked for any evidence for the EAD expedite. The AP is still showing as expedite received but I'm slightly hopeful that they just went ahead and approved both because he was so close to approval date anyway. I guess we will find out once it gets mailed to us.

Yay for being able to be productive,  drive with a local license and have a SSN! :joy:

7 minutes ago, KittyKat3072 said:

We checked his case status' and his EAD shows "New Card Is Being Produced!"

YAY!!! 💜💜

It's so crazy because they never asked for any evidence for the EAD expedite. The AP is still showing as expedite received but I'm slightly hopeful that they just went ahead and approved both because he was so close to approval date anyway. I guess we will find out once it gets mailed to us.

Yay for being able to be productive,  drive with a local license and have a SSN! :joy:

Congrats! So they expedited it just based on your request through Emma and you never ended up having to send them anything at all ? 

Timeline
Just now, Toby_HB said:

Congrats! So they expedited it just based on your request through Emma and you never ended up having to send them anything at all ? 

We requested the expedite through one of the phone agents not Emma. Although you can request it through Emma as well. 

Yeah they asked for evidence for the AP, we provided it and they asked for some additional, which we didn't have and wrote them a letter back saying we didn't have the additional evidence they needed and such. That was last Friday Jan 22 they asked for the additional evidence, and again this was for just the AP they needed the evidence for. 

I'm not sure why they didn't need anything for the EAD, but I've read that some people requested just an AP expedite and got their combo card as well. Who knows how it works.

Timeline

We just checked the status' again and now the AP says APPROVED!!! and now the EAD now says approved as well, even though before it said the card was being produced. But I've read that thats normal, (I was actually reading a post about a couple people having that happen to them recently, and after reading it I went to check his status' and saw they were both approved. lol)

They were very generous with the AP approval because we really didn't have sufficient concrete evidence for expedition (they needed medical records and we couldn't get them from his family). 

So hopefully by next week he will have card in hand! *fingers crossed* 

I've heard that the SSN can take a while to get? Should he call the Social Security Administration tomorrow and tell them that he has a work permit/ EAD?

1 minute ago, KittyKat3072 said:

Should he call the Social Security Administration tomorrow and tell them that he has a work permit/ EAD?

If you ask them they'll probably ask you to present the actual card, as they'll follow policy stated in their POMS.

If USCIS actually forwards your SSN request, then you shouldn't have to do anything.

15 hours ago, KittyKat3072 said:

We just checked the status' again and now the AP says APPROVED!!! and now the EAD now says approved as well, even though before it said the card was being produced. But I've read that thats normal, (I was actually reading a post about a couple people having that happen to them recently, and after reading it I went to check his status' and saw they were both approved. lol)

They were very generous with the AP approval because we really didn't have sufficient concrete evidence for expedition (they needed medical records and we couldn't get them from his family). 

So hopefully by next week he will have card in hand! *fingers crossed* 

I've heard that the SSN can take a while to get? Should he call the Social Security Administration tomorrow and tell them that he has a work permit/ EAD?

Mine was the same new card being produced and then approved. Also AP switched straight to approved a day later! I was looking into it and if you requested a SSN with EAD then it should be mailed to you a few weeks after you get your card. So hopefully it all happens automatically.

Any Raleigh-Durham area filers here?

08/17/2020 - Application Package sent (I-130/I-485/I-765)

08/19/2020 - Application Received (Priority Date)
09/13/2020 - 3 Text Messages
09/18/2020 - 3 NOA 
11/05/2020 - USCIS Mailed 693 Deficiency Notice
11/10/2020 - Received USCIS Mailed 693 Deficiency Notice
01/23/2021 - Received biometrics appointment
02/10/2021 - Scheduled Biometric

1 hour ago, KittyKat3072 said:

We called the Social Security Administration this morning and they said that he has to have the EAD in hand and they will "assess if he's eligible." So lets hope that they just do it automatically because dealing with our local office is a bit of a headache lol. 

SOOO also I checked his status' this morning and apparently they scheduled the Interview for his I-485!  😯  That's crazy, we weren't expecting that! :dance:

We don't know the date yet but as soon as we know we will let you guys know. 

Someone in my visa group who received their EAD last month said that they received the SSN automatically so I hope we do too. However, anything could happen during this process!

You're so lucky! Would be very interested to know the date. I forgot to make copies of our AOS packets but I have all of the documents ready to print again/scan so not TOO bad. Then I need to think of everything else to bring. Really want it though! No change for my daughters EAD/AP or our AOS yet!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Had my biometrics done for EAD on 01/07/2021, but there was no update on the case after the appointment was done (no "Fingerprints taken" message). After about a week, I started going through Emma trying to reach an agent to figure out what was the holdup. On 01/18 I managed to get a hold of an officer and she submitted my request to expedite based on financial loss (pending job offer). USCIS emailed me another four days later asking for evidence for financial loss and I faxed them 22 pages of proof including job offer, child support and medical coverage being delayed. Today I got the update that the new card is being produced.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.