Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cilllah said:

I want some Biden luck haha! 
Honestly, I am struggling. With the news that Australia won't open this year even when vaccinated?? I am just upset that my parents might not even meet my child until she is close to one. I can't distract myself as I can't leave the house to work or even drive. I just want something good to happen, haha. I don't have any friends here so the days are just long. Sorry for the rant lol.

Yeah I get you. He had a family member pass away and another elderly family member slipped and fell and had to have hip surgery and he can't go visit with lack of AP and the tickets being super expensive.

I'm pretty sure you could go back to Australia (after ap), as far as I understand it. They are limiting people that aren't citizens or permanent residents and their immediate family members from entering Australia. So that means you, your husband and children are able to enter Australia (if you can afford it and with his proper visa etc). I might be wrong but last time I checked that's what it was.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
20 hours ago, BearxBelle said:

Finally got Biometrics Appt for 2/9/21. Working on I-944 RFE now, hoping to have it out ASAP but waiting on a W-2. Aaaaah finally some movement!

nice, what is your priority date? and when did you get RFE for i944? Than you

On 1/20/2021 at 12:49 PM, Ny2020 said:

So to update my previous post ☝🏽
I just got notification from uscis & opened the app to see 🎊 approval for both my i131 & i765. Weird that this came after “card being produced”, but hey I’m happy I can finally apply for a decent job / travel. Praying the rest of our Aug group get theirs soon. 🙏🏽

Update: just got notification the card is mailed, so I guess by nextweek I’ll have it. This week has literally been a blessed week, the most progress I’ve seen in my case since I submitted august. Lord knows I lost my job a few days ago & needed this. I guess now the wait is for interview 🙏🏽

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Haven't been on here for almost a year, after reviewing all 127 pages of this post it's nice to see some familiar names from the first round of this process.  We've been patiently waiting and doing the same dance with the 944 that everyone has.  We got the November notice and mailed everything in January, status shows everything is received.  Hopefully the bio will come soon....St Louis center.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 1/13/2021 at 5:07 PM, KittyKat3072 said:

We put in an expedition request for his EAD and AP on Friday, Jan 8. 

So far no updates to those status', and no email updates. *Waits*, *Taps fingers on the table*.

Hopefully by Friday of this week we'll hear something. 

He desperately wants his SSN too. It's unreal that they want the immigrants to be self-sufficient but then won't let them work for months or longer. 🙄😒

How did you do this? My husband has a job offer, but not sure how to “expedite” a request for EAD. Did you go to your congressman? 

1 hour ago, GetOutside said:

How did you do this? My husband has a job offer, but not sure how to “expedite” a request for EAD.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

You can generally request expedited processing by contacting the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY for the deaf, hard of hearing, or those having a speech disability: 1-800-767-1833) or by asking Emma after you have obtained a receipt notice.  (You can access Emma by clicking on the Ask Emma icon on the top right of this page). The USCIS Contact Center will not be able to refer the expedite request to the appropriate office without a receipt number. When you call to request expedited processing, the USCIS Contact Center creates and forwards a service request to the office with jurisdiction over your application or petition.

14 hours ago, Chad&Thalia said:

Haven't been on here for almost a year, after reviewing all 127 pages of this post it's nice to see some familiar names from the first round of this process.  We've been patiently waiting and doing the same dance with the 944 that everyone has.  We got the November notice and mailed everything in January, status shows everything is received.  Hopefully the bio will come soon....St Louis center.

Hopefully it happens soon! We are in the limbo of them having my biometrics and our RFIE but radio silence lol.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everybody! For whatever reason I just discovered this thread. Took me long enough 😅

I filled for AOS back in August and we got an RFIE right after that. We answered that in October and the case tracker was just sitting on "Response RFIE received" but yesterday it finally changed to "Case ready to be scheduled for interview"! I'm so glad things are finally moving.

Also had my biometrics for EAD on December 21.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
19 hours ago, GetOutside said:

How did you do this? My husband has a job offer, but not sure how to “expedite” a request for EAD. Did you go to your congressman? 

We did not go through a congressmen -yet.

Basically what HRQX said, you have to call or talk to "Emma" and tell them you want to expedite your ead then you usually get an email a couple days later asking you to fax some proof and reasons you need the expedite. Then they make a decision a couple days later after that. 

We haven't gotten approval yet, they haven't asked for proof for the ead just the ap (we are expediting both). It makes me wonder if they are just waiting on the ap to be approved or denied so they can send a combo card or not. I've heard of some people expediting only their ap and getting their ead was approved as well.

Who knows what goes on in the land of USCIS? Lol

Edited by KittyKat3072

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Another data point: my wife received a Biometrics notice today, scheduled for 2/10. (Notice was dated 1/16.) I was not expecting one until the summer given how backed up the LA offices have been, so this was a welcome surprise. Hope everyone is doing well and sees movement on their applications soon!

Click to reveal AOS Timeline:

Spoiler

08/19/20  I-130, I-485 Signed for at Chicago Lockbox

08/21/20 I-130, I-485 Accepted

09/04/20  Credit Card Charged

09/13/20  Text With Receipt Number (x2)

09/24/20  I-130, I-485 NOA received

11/17/20  Response to RFIE Requesting I-944 Delivered to USCIS

11/18/20 Account Updated to show Response to I-944 RFIE Was Received

1/23/20 Biometrics Appointment Notice Received (Notice Dated 1/16)

2/10/20 Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello guys. 

Here’s my timeline

Filed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-944. 
Marriage Based. 

- PD: 08/03/2020
- NOA1: 09/11/2020
- Service request about a notice I didn’t receive (biometrics): 11/12/2020 (no response as of yet)
- No RFE’s so far. 
- Case currently being handled by NBC 
- Hialeah, FL Field Office per zip code

USPS Informed Delivery showed mail coming from USCIS today Saturday. Hopefully is my biometrics appointment.   
But mailman didn’t show up today.
Should I be concerned about the mail not being delivered today?

9685558B-689B-49D8-92CA-61FC9B8EECBD.jpeg

Edited by Jacobo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jacobo said:

USPS Informed Delivery showed mail coming from USCIS today Saturday. Hopefully is my biometrics appointment.   
But mailman didn’t show up today.
Should I be concerned about the mail not being delivered today?

Probably biometrics! Our envelope had identical lines showing through the window, same postmark date, etc.

I wouldn't worry about the mail person not showing up. Mine regularly missed/delayed deliveries. Informed delivery is just exposing it now :)

Click to reveal AOS Timeline:

Spoiler

08/19/20  I-130, I-485 Signed for at Chicago Lockbox

08/21/20 I-130, I-485 Accepted

09/04/20  Credit Card Charged

09/13/20  Text With Receipt Number (x2)

09/24/20  I-130, I-485 NOA received

11/17/20  Response to RFIE Requesting I-944 Delivered to USCIS

11/18/20 Account Updated to show Response to I-944 RFIE Was Received

1/23/20 Biometrics Appointment Notice Received (Notice Dated 1/16)

2/10/20 Biometrics Appointment

Received biometrics appointment letter today. Best of luck to my fellow filers.

08/17/2020 - Application Package sent (I-130/I-485/I-765)

08/19/2020 - Application Received (Priority Date)
09/13/2020 - 3 Text Messages
09/18/2020 - 3 NOA 
11/05/2020 - USCIS Mailed 693 Deficiency Notice
11/10/2020 - Received USCIS Mailed 693 Deficiency Notice
01/23/2021 - Received biometrics appointment
02/10/2021 - Scheduled Biometric

09/18/2020 - 3 NOA 

hello

09/18/2020 - 3 NOA 

Detroit filer here. PD is Aug 18, 2020. My biometrics appointment was mailed out on Jan 16, 2021. My appointment is on Feb 9, 2021. Finally some progress after a very very long wait.

Edited by INF

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.