Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, KarenSeed said:

Does anyone know if I-130 is ever approved first for AOS cases?

They tend to be adjudicated together. But it is possible for the I-130 to be approved days/months/etc. before the I-485.

I had I-485 interview in May 2019 but received "case is being held for review" notice; my I-485 is still pending to this day. In February 2020 my adult son (the I-130 petitioner) contacted the Ombudsman and stated "The Immediate Relative petition has been pending for over 26 months." In May 2020, USCIS approved the I-130 because the Ombudsman inquired about the I-130 petition.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am unauthorized credit card user. My husband is the primary. Should I write a letter to explain that the debt in credit report does not assigned to me? I am filling i-944 form. Thank you!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Jimmy Lee said:

I am unauthorized credit card user. My husband is the primary. Should I write a letter to explain that the debt in credit report does not assigned to me? I am filling i-944 form. Thank you!!!

I’d provide a short explanation in the small field below the question, provide more information in the additional info section at the bottom of the I-944, and if more explaining is still needed, make a signed letter. I’d definitely provide proof of you being the secondary authorized user and your husband being the primary and try to demonstrate through as much evidence as you can get within reason that the debt was accumulated by him and not you. 

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Timeline
40 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

I’d provide a short explanation in the small field below the question, provide more information in the additional info section at the bottom of the I-944, and if more explaining is still needed, make a signed letter. I’d definitely provide proof of you being the secondary authorized user and your husband being the primary and try to demonstrate through as much evidence as you can get within reason that the debt was accumulated by him and not you. 

oh the last page of I-944. I have credit score but I do not want credit debt! 😂😂😂 my i944 document weigh almost 4 Ibs already!!!!

Edited by Jimmy Lee

How do you write a cover letter explaining why my dad can't provide his English course history information? (took 9 months class, twice a week. It was a free church group ESL class. That was back in 2007..only thing I can find is google review showing that it's closed.) 

Also, I want to explain that my parents are going to be upgrading their health insurance at end of 2021 since their home country Pension is coming out. Right now they have a realllly cheap fixed insurance..that doesn't really cover anything

Is there a format I should follow? I can't find this info anywhere..I would really appreciate any helpful information!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, goodsoohe5919 said:

How do you write a cover letter explaining why my dad can't provide his English course history information? (took 9 months class, twice a week. It was a free church group ESL class. That was back in 2007..only thing I can find is google review showing that it's closed.) 

Also, I want to explain that my parents are going to be upgrading their health insurance at end of 2021 since their home country Pension is coming out. Right now they have a realllly cheap fixed insurance..that doesn't really cover anything

Is there a format I should follow? I can't find this info anywhere..I would really appreciate any helpful information!

If you can’t obtain a letter from the people who offered his course, he can write a signed and dated letter explaining the situation as you just have. Whatever feels right. If it makes you feel better include the name of the place and the google review showing it’s closed.

Same thing applies to insurance explanation. Whatever feels right, sign and date and make sure letter is legible. 

If there was a format to follow I think we’d know about it, I’m basing this off of the instructions for occupational skills. The language section says nothing about what to do if class info cannot be obtained. 

Did he not get or hold onto a certificate or receipt or anything to document that he took the course?

Edited by mogiftney

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

18 hours ago, Carolina G said:

Mine updated lol that’s why I asked, so not sure if that is a sign of an EAD to come 

Only my two actual AOS updated to fingerprints taken even though I got them for all of them. I googled it and apparently that was normal but now I am worried lmao.

Guys I am worried. My AOS said fingerprints were taken but obviously now says they received my RFIE. However my EAD never changed to finger prints taken even though I did get the correct code. Is this normal or should I be worried?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Carolina G said:

My AP is being produced I hope it will be a combo card if not I’ll take separate lol

what is your PD? 🙂 you got any RFE ? Thank you :)

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Carolina G said:

8/20, my initial I-765 was rejected due to outdated form, so it’s probably likely I will get my AP separate as oppose to a combo card. Should get tracking number in a few days 

well, its quick! congratualtion :) you are authorized credit user to your spouse who is the primary user? and when you generated a credit report, the debt is shown in the report? did you list it as your debt in I-944 form? I am stuck in here.  Thank you so much!!

1 hour ago, Cilllah said:

Guys I am worried. My AOS said fingerprints were taken but obviously now says they received my RFIE. However my EAD never changed to finger prints taken even though I did get the correct code. Is this normal or should I be worried?

Did the whole live chat thing and my biometrics are with my EAD too. So now just the long waiting game.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Carolina G said:

And my EAD just got approved :) so looks like it will be a combo card after all. I didn’t include credit card debt, it was too small to even put down or paid off by the time I had sent i-944. 

Congrats! May I ask, when was your bio appointment? And what was your ASC?

09/25/20: AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-765/I-944) mailed out via USPS.

09/27/20: Package received by USPS.

10/24/20: Received NOA1 in the mail. PD is 09/28/20.

01/05/21: Biometrics appointment completed (Brooklyn ASC). Case updated to show fingerprints were taken (I-486 & I-765).

01/05/21: I-131 mailed via UPS.

01/17/21: Received IOE receipt number for I-131 via text.

01/25/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-131.

02/02/21: I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

02/04/21: Received I-693 deficiency notice in the mail (dated 01/29/21).

02/09/21: Advance Parole document was produced.

02/16/21: AP in hand.
02/26/21: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD).

03/04/21: EAD in hand.

09/01/21: EAD renewal paperwork received by USCIS. IOE receipt number.

09/07/21: Receipt / 180-day automatic extension received in the mail.

09/09/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-765 renewal.

10/25/21: AP renewal NOA and biometrics reuse received in the mail.

11/04/21: Interview was scheduled for 12/02.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Just now, Carolina G said:

1/8 bio, lol nyc asc super busy there so a blessing 

Thank you! I'm at the Brooklyn ASC, hoping to see some movement soon, too!

09/25/20: AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-765/I-944) mailed out via USPS.

09/27/20: Package received by USPS.

10/24/20: Received NOA1 in the mail. PD is 09/28/20.

01/05/21: Biometrics appointment completed (Brooklyn ASC). Case updated to show fingerprints were taken (I-486 & I-765).

01/05/21: I-131 mailed via UPS.

01/17/21: Received IOE receipt number for I-131 via text.

01/25/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-131.

02/02/21: I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

02/04/21: Received I-693 deficiency notice in the mail (dated 01/29/21).

02/09/21: Advance Parole document was produced.

02/16/21: AP in hand.
02/26/21: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD).

03/04/21: EAD in hand.

09/01/21: EAD renewal paperwork received by USCIS. IOE receipt number.

09/07/21: Receipt / 180-day automatic extension received in the mail.

09/09/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-765 renewal.

10/25/21: AP renewal NOA and biometrics reuse received in the mail.

11/04/21: Interview was scheduled for 12/02.

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Carolina G said:

And my EAD just got approved :) so looks like it will be a combo card after all. I didn’t include credit card debt, it was too small to even put down or paid off by the time I had sent i-944. 

Thank you for your reply! usually, authorized user is not liable for the debt in credit report. I am not sure if I need to write a letter of explanation to USCIS or get letter from credit bureau verifying that obvious fact -___-" my credit report shows a debt of very few thousands, not a lot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.