Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
14 minutes ago, mbssss said:

You can get the letter of non-filing online!! If you go to their website and request a transcript for that year, you can download the letter of non-filing instead. Hopefully that’ll save you some time. 

the problem is that my information is not in their system, how can they pull whatever out :( I called IRS this morning, they said my information was not in their system yet

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Just now, mbssss said:

Did you send your I-944 response in? It is not required, technically since it just asks you for your last three years taxes. We just downloaded a letter of non-filing online because we are in our early 20s as well so my husband didn’t file taxes for 2 out of the 3 years he was in college and you can download them immediately. We just did it because we happened to think about it. It is not required though I believe so don’t worry about it if you already sent it :) 

No, we are fast approaching our RFIE deadline. We were going to send it off this afternoon but we just had a few last minute questions. My wife is going to call her health insurance company and see if they can give her a “termination or renewal date” because we can’t find it anywhere on her plan details. I highly doubt I’d be in the IRS’s system seeing as I’ve never filed, so I’d probably have to wait a week for a letter in the mail and it’s just not feasible for us with our RFIE deadline being so soon. This immigration stress is enough cardio for an entire lifetime... 

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jimmy Lee said:

As I944 instruction said, if you were not required to file tax you had to give proof...blah blah Social Security Statement or whatever blah blah .... thats why I requested one ,, you are working on i944 too?

"If you were not required to file a federal income tax return in any of the prior three tax years, you may provide Form W-2 or a Social Security Statement providing a history of total annual income (gross income). If you provide a W-2 or Social Security Statement provide the listed wages, tips, or other compensation."

I think he should be good. If he didn't have ANY income, there would be nothing to submit, right? Otherwise W-2s should be fine.

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jimmy Lee said:

the problem is that my information is not in their system, how can they pull whatever out :( I called IRS this morning, they said my information was not in their system yet

Got it. You may have to wait then. I forgot that some of you haven't been here for a few years :(

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

No, we are fast approaching our RFIE deadline. We were going to send it off this afternoon but we just had a few last minute questions. My wife is going to call her health insurance company and see if they can give her a “termination or renewal date” because we can’t find it anywhere on her plan details. I highly doubt I’d be in the IRS’s system seeing as I’ve never filed, so I’d probably have to wait a week for a letter in the mail and it’s just not feasible for us with our RFIE deadline being so soon. This immigration stress is enough cardio for an entire lifetime... 

hahha !! YESSSSS call insurance company please,,,I chatted online with them, they gave me a letter cover EVERYTHING in there.  as I know, usually renewal  date falls on 01/01 of next year

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jimmy Lee said:

As I944 instruction said, if you were not required to file tax in the prior 3 years, you had to give proof...blah blah Social Security Statement or whatever blah blah .... thats why I requested one ,, you are working on i944 too?

Yeah I’m working on the I-944, I’m looking at the instructions and it actually looks like it says that you may provide a w-2 (from your employer probably) or a social security statement (i think that’s for those receiving government benefits) but it seems to imply that that’s even optional and says absolutely nothing about a verification of non-filing from the IRS. Please folks, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong here. I just want to help. 

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

I didn't even include the "termination or renewal date" because there was no documentation from my insurance company that included that. I just mentioned that it just renews during open enrollment every year. I'm hoping that it will be fine since I included everything else. 

If you saw what I wrote above, I think you'll be fine. If they need it, they'll let you know and just see if you can have it ready to go if they request it later on or for the interview. 

The I-944 is hands down the most stressful form out of all of them. So much left up to interpretation....

AOS

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mbssss said:

Got it. You may have to wait then. I forgot that some of you haven't been here for a few years :(

well my attorney said that I create a letter varifying that I did not have income for few years and sign it. And when I get the letter from IRS physically, just bring it to interview ...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mbssss said:

I didn't even include the "termination or renewal date" because there was no documentation from my insurance company that included that. I just mentioned that it just renews during open enrollment every year. I'm hoping that it will be fine since I included everything else. 

If you saw what I wrote above, I think you'll be fine. If they need it, they'll let you know and just see if you can have it ready to go if they request it later on or for the interview. 

The I-944 is hands down the most stressful form out of all of them. So much left up to interpretation....

Abso freaking lutely! We have done them all up to this point through the k1 process and this one singular form makes the rest of the process so far seem like a slice of warm cake... my gosh!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

Yeah I’m working on the I-944, I’m looking at the instructions and it actually looks like it says that you may provide a w-2 (from your employer probably) or a social security statement (i think that’s for those receiving government benefits) but it seems to imply that that’s even optional and says absolutely nothing about a verification of non-filing from the IRS. Please folks, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong here. I just want to help. 

oh! MAY ---- not " ARE REQUIRED" haha , my attorney said just write a letter to verify that and sign it if I am STILL over worried hahahaha ok! Skip it then, but you keep on requesting non-filing letter, it costs you nothing. When it arrives in your mailbox, bring it to interview later  :)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jimmy Lee said:

oh! MAY ---- not " ARE REQUIRED" haha , my attorney said just write a letter to verify that and sign it if I am STILL over worried hahahaha ok! Skip it then, but you keep on requesting non-filing letter, it costs you nothing. When it arrives in your mailbox, bring it to interview later  :)

I think that's sound advice. It surely couldn't hurt to have it on hand just in case, in time for the interview. I hope this small difference in wording has taken a little bit of pressure off of you, I know I was having a little bit of a "moment" myself before reading that just now. I don't know everything about their requirements in regards to the verification of non-filing letter as I haven't looked into this too much and this I-944 form is relatively new, however, I think we will be submitting this package without including that and as always, I will keep everyone updated on our progress. This will all be over sooner than we know. Good luck and thanks for the advice!

Timeline

Update: Wife called Anthem and they confirmed that her plan auto-renews 01/01/2022. That's what she will put, and clarify in the additional info section that this is an auto-renewal date. Also, if you guys remember the other day when I posted here about the weird blank credit report letter from TransUnion, that letter seems to have been some type of glitch. We found the letter they were supposed to send, along with that weird letter. It says that they could not locate her credit report. Her name is spelled correctly too! We are going to state that she does not have a credit report and include this as evidence. Thanks to everyone who has helped us this past week, we appreciate it lots. I hope you all get through the trials and tribulations of your own immigration journeys as smoothly as realistically possible. Good luck everyone!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

Update: Wife called Anthem and they confirmed that her plan auto-renews 01/01/2022. That's what she will put, and clarify in the additional info section that this is an auto-renewal date. Also, if you guys remember the other day when I posted here about the weird blank credit report letter from TransUnion, that letter seems to have been some type of glitch. We found the letter they were supposed to send, along with that weird letter. It says that they could not locate her credit report. Her name is spelled correctly too! We are going to state that she does not have a credit report and include this as evidence. Thanks to everyone who has helped us this past week, we appreciate it lots. I hope you all get through the trials and tribulations of your own immigration journeys as smoothly as realistically possible. Good luck everyone!

see!! haha they should email you a letter, my letter ( name of mine and husband's, insurance ID numbers, effective date, expiration date, annual deductible)...congratulation ^___^

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jimmy Lee said:

see!! haha they should email you a letter, my letter ( name of mine and husband's, insurance ID numbers, effective date, expiration date, annual deductible)...congratulation ^___^

Thanks so much! I will see if she got an email or maybe she will have to call again. Good news regardless!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.