Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, KittyKat3072 said:

We put in an expedition request for his EAD and AP on Friday, Jan 8. 

So far no updates to those status', and no email updates. *Waits*, *Taps fingers on the table*.

Hopefully by Friday of this week we'll hear something. 

He desperately wants his SSN too. It's unreal that they want the immigrants to be self-sufficient but then won't let them work for months or longer. 🙄😒

Please let us know whether or not the expedite works out! 

And I 100% agree. My husband makes more than enough money to care for both of us but an additional income would be incredibly nice and I also want to work because I enjoy it. Hopefully we'll all get our EAD's soon......

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

Timeline
6 hours ago, Cilllah said:

Me too. So is my daughter.
I mean we wouldn't do that much due to COVID anyway but I could at least have my SSN so I could drive places. That would be nice.
I need a job offer to expedite and it is hard to get one as most employers would rather not bother waiting but we will see!

True. But it would be nice to be able to work and have that additional source of income because we want to save for a house and so on but when that will happen is in USCIS hands currently 😅

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

12 hours ago, mbssss said:

True. But it would be nice to be able to work and have that additional source of income because we want to save for a house and so on but when that will happen is in USCIS hands currently 😅

Yes. I saved for a deposit before I moved but I can't use it as I don't have the income to afford to live yet haha. It is so frustrating. We are SO close and yet so far and it is totally out of our control! I mean, I am still so glad I am here as I was one of the few to get a K1 interview during the ban and make it but I am still frustrated by being so stuck!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Carolina G said:

Anyone have their I-131 update to reflect fingerprints were taken assuming your case is not already approved 

The I-131 doesn't require fingerprints I believe so I don't think that it will update to reflect that.

AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hey guys, on the I-944 what did you put for the question about health insurance that asks,

"When does your health insurance terminate or date that it must be renewed?"

My wife is unsure. She has a non subsidized plan she purchased from the companies website that is not through an employer. I am not on the same plan as her. She cannot find a date for termination or a renewal deadline anywhere on her account or card or anything! Thanks guys

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
25 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

Hey guys, on the I-944 what did you put for the question about health insurance that asks,

"When does your health insurance terminate or date that it must be renewed?"

My wife is unsure. She has a non subsidized plan she purchased from the companies website that is not through an employer. I am not on the same plan as her. She cannot find a date for termination or a renewal deadline anywhere on her account or card or anything! Thanks guys

I started to work on i-944 from 21st of December/2020 but not done yet . So tired!! The ONLY thing I am waiting to get it done is non-filing letter from IRS, I think it will take for ever to get ! I will do partying after its done -__-" For Insurance, mine is Blue Cross Blue Shield, usually renewal date is 01/01 of the next year. I requested a letter from Insurance company covering all information ( Name, ID, effective date and the renewal date)

Edited by Jimmy Lee

Timeline
1 hour ago, Carolina G said:

Mine updated lol that’s why I asked, so not sure if that is a sign of an EAD to come 

Really? I really thought that it wouldn’t since it’s not required but I would think that it’s a good sign. Hopefully you’ll get it soon 🤞

AOS

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jimmy Lee said:

I started to work on i-944 from 21st of December/2020 but not done yet . So tired!! The ONLY thing I am waiting to get it done is non-filing letter from IRS, I think it will take for ever to get ! I will do partying after its done -__-" For Insurance, mine is Blue Cross Blue Shield, usually renewal date is 01/01 of the next year. I requested a letter from Insurance company covering all information ( Name, ID, effective date and the renewal date)

Wait... do we also need a non filing letter from the IRS? I just wrote an explanation in the I-944 in the box below the tick box in which I indicated that I was not required to file. I haven’t seen anything in the instructions that requests this. 

Edited by mogiftney

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jimmy Lee said:

You can get the letter of non-filing online!! If you go to their website and request a transcript for that year, you can download the letter of non-filing instead. Hopefully that’ll save you some time. 

AOS

Timeline
Just now, mogiftney said:

Wait... do we also need a non filing letter from the IRS? I just wrote an explanation in the I-944 in the box below the tick box in which I indicated that I was not required to file. 

No. It’s not required. Only if you didn’t file taxes for one of the past three years (2019, 2018, 2017). You don’t need it for this year since the new tax year just started so dw.

AOS

Timeline
5 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

Wait... do we also need a non filing letter from the IRS? I just wrote an explanation in the I-944 in the box below the tick box in which I indicated that I was not required to file. 

Oh lord!!! yes I am waiting for it, I am the beneficiary, I did not make any income in prior 3 years, (except 2020) so I have to request a verification of non-filing letter for IRS, I faxed them 4506-T form today, no idea when I can get a letter physically from them. Did you request this one before? In worst case it will take me billion years to get it in mailbox, my attorney said that I should write a letter to verify that I did not make any income and sign it.

Edited by Jimmy Lee

Timeline
6 minutes ago, mbssss said:

No. It’s not required. Only if you didn’t file taxes for one of the past three years (2019, 2018, 2017). You don’t need it for this year since the new tax year just started so dw.

Well, I didn’t file taxes for any of the past three years. I’m 20 and I’ve never filed taxes or been required to. Where in the I-944 instructions does it say that this is required? Now I’m genuinely worried. I don’t think we will have enough time to obtain this. 

Edited by mogiftney

Timeline
8 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

Well, I didn’t file taxes for any of the past three years. I’m 20 and I’ve never filed taxes or been required to. Where in the I-944 instructions does it say that this is required? Now I’m genuinely worried. I don’t think we will have enough time to obtain this. 

Did you send your I-944 response in? It is not required, technically since it just asks you for your last three years taxes. We just downloaded a letter of non-filing online because we are in our early 20s as well so my husband didn’t file taxes for 2 out of the 3 years he was in college and you can download them immediately. We just did it because we happened to think about it. It is not required though I believe so don’t worry about it if you already sent it :) 

Edit: The instructions say "If you were not required to file a federal income tax return in any of the prior three tax years, you may provide Form W-2 or a Social Security Statement providing a history of total annual income (gross income). If you provide a W-2 or Social Security Statement provide the listed wages, tips, or other compensation." 

So If you don't have any of those if you don't work, I think you should be fine but if you worked and got some type of income, you should include those. 

Edited by mbssss

AOS

Timeline
6 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

Well, I didn’t file taxes for any of the past three years. I’m 20 and I’ve never filed taxes. Where in the I-944 instructions does it say that this is required? Now I’m genuinely worried. 

As I944 instruction said, if you were not required to file tax in the prior 3 years, you had to give proof...blah blah Social Security Statement or whatever blah blah .... thats why I requested one ,, you are working on i944 too?

Edited by Jimmy Lee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.