Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jimmy Lee said:

no RFIE? no biometrics? nothing? Did u file i-944 initially? My priority date is Sep/10. I just got RFIE.

No RFIE, I did file I-944 initially. No Biometrics.

2 hours ago, Jacobo said:

@Jimmy Lee @VJ09 Same boat here

Here’s my timeline again for you guys 

Filed I-130, I-465, I-765, I-131, I-944. 

- PD: 08/03/2020
- NOA1: 09/11/2020
- Service request about a notice I didn’t receive (biometrics): 11/12/2020 (no response as of yet)
- No RFE’s or RFIE so far. 
- No biometrics appointment scheduled.
- Case currently being handled by NBC 
- Hialeah, FL Field Office per zip code

Same here too.

But PD : August 20th

No rfie or rfe

No deficiency letter for i-693

No bio appointment.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
42 minutes ago, LBee1592 said:

Same here too.

But PD : August 20th

No rfie or rfe

No deficiency letter for i-693

No bio appointment.

I am in the same boat.

PD: August 3

Fingerprint fee received: August 13

NOA 1: August 19 

Deficiency letter for I-693 received late August 

No RFIE so far. I filed the I-944 simultaneously - included health insurance, credit scores and reports, bank statements, taxes, foreign and US degrees (didn’t include high school diploma but included university degree from my home country, university degree from UK and university degree and transcripts from US), and job offer for Fall 2021 after my graduation with salary and explanation of benefits. Hope that’s enough for USCIS. 

No biometrics so far - I called multiple times, submitted service requests, requested calls with Tier 2, contacted met local senator for help - nothing!!! USCIS keep saying that my case is on hold because of missing biometrics and biometrics will be scheduled as soon as a slot becomes available. I am so worried already! Just got an email with estimated date for EAD from Visa Journey November 25. Is that possible? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Out of curiosity, what did you guys put on the I-944 for the question about health insurance that asks for both the annual premium and annual deductible in the same tiny numerical-only box??? I’m scratching my head over here! Thanks, I’m almost ready to send this off once we figure this out. We had some delays with health insurance but should be good to go soon now!

Edited by mogiftney

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Timeline
2 hours ago, mogiftney said:

Out of curiosity, what did you guys put on the I-944 for the question about health insurance that asks for both the annual premium and annual deductible in the same tiny numerical-only box??? I’m scratching my head over here! Thanks, I’m almost ready to send this off once we figure this out. We had some delays with health insurance but should be good to go soon now!

i am working over it too. you are right! the box is darn tiny. I think we have the last page of i944 form to add as much more information as we wish. My submission deadline is by March 20th. Gosh! I have a mountain of supporting document for it 🤪🤪

Edited by Jimmy Lee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question for the 944.  I am currently working on my GED and will probably have and by the end of the month. I wanted to be able to put on my 944 that I have it, I will definitely have it by the time of my interview. Would it be best to hold off for 944 until I have my GED or should I just Write a letter of explanation saying that I am getting it

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tigerlily87 said:

I have a question for the 944.  I am currently working on my GED and will probably have and by the end of the month. I wanted to be able to put on my 944 that I have it, I will definitely have it by the time of my interview. Would it be best to hold off for 944 until I have my GED or should I just Write a letter of explanation saying that I am getting it

i think you keep submitting i944. You can grab any paper stating that you are currently working on GED and an explanation letter. If you postpone your i944 submission, your case will be longer delayed. I am working all my best to submit it as soon as possible although my deadline is by March

Edited by Jimmy Lee

2 hours ago, mogiftney said:

It's "OR" not "AND". So, just mention annual deductible. You should be good.

Timeline

We received our biometrics appointment letter on 1/4 (sent 12/25) for 1/21/21.
Earlier, on 11/25, we were sent an RFE for I-864 (to add a joint sponsor) and for I-944.
We got the biometrics appointment before we sent the response to RFE back. Sending it back today or tomorrow.

Our initial package was sent on 8/22/20 (without I-944).

Timeline
23 minutes ago, PXandu said:

We received our biometrics appointment letter on 1/4 (sent 12/25) for 1/21/21.
Earlier, on 11/25, we were sent an RFE for I-864 (to add a joint sponsor) and for I-944.
We got the biometrics appointment before we sent the response to RFE back. Sending it back today or tomorrow.

Our initial package was sent on 8/22/20 (without I-944).

I just got RFE for i944 and I am working on it. I have not got biometric letter yet. USCIS said in my RFE letter that they will not take any action on my case until they get i944 requested paper. I am surprised you got biometric letter although you have not sent off RFE to USCIS yet 😀

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Lee said:

I just got RFE for i944 and I am working on it. I have not got biometric letter yet. USCIS said in my RFE letter that they will not take any action on my case until they get i944 requested paper. I am surprised you got biometric letter although you have not sent off RFE to USCIS yet 😀

If you look through this thread you'll notice that they are working on I-944 and Biometrics at the same time. I got my Bio appointment letter before I sent my I-944 back, and someone got their EAD before sending their i-944 back. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So my husband started a new job that isn’t on the affidavit of support. The I 944 will have a different job. Do we just bring a new I 864 to the interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone here from Indiana who applied for AOS ? How long did it take for you to get the bio? 

K1 Visa Adjustment of Status Timeline 
08/14/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lock box

09/04/20 - Check has been cashed

09/11/20 - Received NOA

10/29/20 - RFE for I944 

11/10/20 - Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

04/30/21 - Biometric Appointment 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.