bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Can someone help me out? VSC cashed my check, and I am looking at the image of the back of the check, but there are about 5 different numbers on here. Where should I look to find the case number?

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Can someone help me out? VSC cashed my check, and I am looking at the image of the back of the check, but there are about 5 different numbers on here. Where should I look to find the case number?

It should begin with EAC and then is followed by a string of numbers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

It should start EAC07XXXXXXX

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Thanks, I found it, but one of the numbers is jacked up so I have to try a whole string of numbers. When the case pops up in the profile does your case say I-129F or I-129?

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Timeline
Thanks, I found it, but one of the numbers is jacked up so I have to try a whole string of numbers. When the case pops up in the profile does your case say I-129F or I-129?

It should say I129F Petition for Fiance(e) was received.....

Click for full timeline

While Zoomer is enjoying his vacation in India, I thought I would compile some summary stats that look at the big picture. They are not very encouraging. But remember, only a small increase in the rate of approvals will decrease the projected waiting time a lot. Come on VSC. Give us back our adjudicators!

VSC K1 Sumary Stats Through Sept 13

Submissions & Approvals

Month  Submissions   Approvals   Open
-------------------------------------
May        50           17        33
Jun        42            0        42
Jul        72            0        72
Aug        20            0        20
Sep         8            0         8
Total     192           17       175

Rate of Adjudication

Period              Approvals     Rate Per Day
----------------------------------------------
Last 30 Days           13           0.433333
Last 15 Days            2           0.133333
Last  7 Days            0           0.000000

Cumulative # of Days Required To Process Month At Current 30 Day Pace

Month     Days
--------------
May        76
Jun       173
Jul       339
Aug       385
Sep       404

Edited by Bill y Bella

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline
While Zoomer is enjoying his vacation in India, I thought I would compile some summary stats that look at the big picture. They are not very encouraging. But remember, only a small increase in the rate of approvals will decrease the projected waiting time a lot. Come on VSC. Give us back our adjudicators!

VSC K1 Sumary Stats Through Sept 13

Submissions & Approvals

Month  Submissions   Approvals   Open
-------------------------------------
May        50           17        33
Jun        42            0        42
Jul        72            0        72
Aug        20            0        20
Sep         8            0         8
Total     192           17       175

Rate of Adjudication

Period              Approvals     Rate Per Day
----------------------------------------------
Last 30 Days           13           0.433333
Last 15 Days            2           0.133333
Last  7 Days            0           0.000000

Cumulative # of Days Required To Process Month At Current 30 Day Pace

Month     Days
--------------
May        76
Jun       173
Jul       339
Aug       385
Sep       404

Whoa :wacko:

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I know Bill y Bella already added a disclaimer, so what I'm saying here is largely redundant, but even so -

don't forget, this is like judging the average time spent on a particular road when you did all your measurements on a day when the traffic lights were broken; it's not that the data's not useful, just that it's VERY unlikely to be representative

I have every confidence that the pace will pick up soon, and as Bill y Bella said, a few good weeks will change this picture markedly :)

(PS here's the REAL reason I'm envious of the Vermontians - all the discussion happens in their thread :(

;) )

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Timeline

Hello.

Just wanted to give a late congrats to zee.. i see you recieved your NOA 2 from the prvious posts and wanted to give you my congrats.. your from ghana? or fiance in ghana? Are you muslim? if so, Ramadhan Mubarak !!!

I'm muslim too, getting ready to go through the same thing you are, and hope fully i get an acceptance by the end of the year.. im not gonna aim at an earlier date because i know it wont happen that quickly...lol...

My fiancee is in latin america so we will see what happens...

ab

Timeline
Hello.

Just wanted to give a late congrats to zee.. i see you recieved your NOA 2 from the prvious posts and wanted to give you my congrats.. your from ghana? or fiance in ghana? Are you muslim? if so, Ramadhan Mubarak !!!

I'm muslim too, getting ready to go through the same thing you are, and hope fully i get an acceptance by the end of the year.. im not gonna aim at an earlier date because i know it wont happen that quickly...lol...

My fiancee is in latin america so we will see what happens...

ab

Thanks!!!

I am the USC but my parents are from Ghana and I spent summers growing up in Ghana. My fiance is from Ghana.

Both of us are Muslim so Ramadan Kareem to you too!!!

And good luck on your journey :)

Zee

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I know Bill y Bella already added a disclaimer, so what I'm saying here is largely redundant, but even so -

don't forget, this is like judging the average time spent on a particular road when you did all your measurements on a day when the traffic lights were broken; it's not that the data's not useful, just that it's VERY unlikely to be representative

I have every confidence that the pace will pick up soon, and as Bill y Bella said, a few good weeks will change this picture markedly :)

(PS here's the REAL reason I'm envious of the Vermontians - all the discussion happens in their thread :(

;) )

We always welcome your presence in our thread! After all, you were one of us to begin with! Its not your fault that VSC shipped you to CSC!

;) )

Your traffic light analogy is appropriate, except that the lights have been broken for 30 days, not 1. I am not saying they will never fix the lights. However, we are at the point now where it is reasonable to say "If they do not fix the lights, I better change my schedule because it is going to take me a lot longer than I had anticipated to get to work".

The big potential flaw in using VJ stats to make projections is that VJ members make up only a small percentage of the people who have submitted petitions to USCIS. Since we do not know that percentage, projections based on the number of open VJ petitions are unreliable and everyone should realize that the projections should not be taken too seriously. If the projections cause a lot of problems and confusion, I will delete them from the stats updates.

I will continue to update the stats periodically. I hope it is a nice compliment to Zoomer's list that shows individual petitions.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline

yes, I agree with the above... the longer the 'blip' continues the more worrying it is... yet at this stage it IS still a blip (don't know the official timeframe for a blip so I don't know when it will stop being one ;) )

in any case, it's ALWAYS good sense to allow far longer for this process than it maybe seems at first; I hate not being able to make plans, but I accept that I can't, so there's how I'm dealing with it... and as I said, I have every confidence that things will speed up pretty soon, for whatever reason; finishing the 2-month-guaranteed petitions; temp staff; whatever :)

oh, and I always like reading your stats and thoughts and suspicions and postulations, Bill y Bella, so don't take anything I've said as even the mildest of criticisms ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

oh, and I always like reading your stats and thoughts and suspicions and postulations, Bill y Bella, so don't take anything I've said as even the mildest of criticisms ;)

Okie Dokie. :)

My Timeline:

Timeline
We always welcome your presence in our thread! After all, you were one of us to begin with! Its not your fault that VSC shipped you to CSC!

aww, fanks :D

*toes at ground*

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.