bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I am still waiting like others here - hope we have some NOA2 next week - one day - I agree w/others who indicated gathering documents needed for packet 3, I have done this and it helps to keep me focused on something other than when I will get the NOA2....

good luck to everyone

hi guys,

if anybody of june filer has got the approvals pls let us know

i got m noa1 on 27th june so getting curious what is happening??????????

:huh:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't think I've seen any June filers get approved yet.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

We´re may fillers, and we got our NOA1 on june 1st. and still nothing, even no touch. We´ve to wait until all people who had gotten their NOA1 on april, gets their NOA2.

But it´s beginning to be unfair, we´ve been 102 days, and once we get our NOA2 we will have to spend another 3 plus months (more or less) till I get my Visa..., this is not fair at all. Here in my country is the opposite, people who marry gets their Visa days or weeks after (and I´ve to say that this is NOT the best way too, because we have a lot, lot of problems with massive immigration due to this). I think it has to be a third way to make this things, not give our visa in 1 week but neither in 9 months :unsure:

Whatever....lets hope this week will be better for all of us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline
We´re may fillers, and we got our NOA1 on june 1st. and still nothing, even no touch. We´ve to wait until all people who had gotten their NOA1 on april, gets their NOA2.

But it´s beginning to be unfair, we´ve been 102 days, and once we get our NOA2 we will have to spend another 3 plus months (more or less) till I get my Visa..., this is not fair at all. Here in my country is the opposite, people who marry gets their Visa days or weeks after (and I´ve to say that this is NOT the best way too, because we have a lot, lot of problems with massive immigration due to this). I think it has to be a third way to make this things, not give our visa in 1 week but neither in 9 months :unsure:

What's funny is that we both got our NOA1 on June 1st, however if your timeline shows estimate of Sept. 25th, mine is showing Oct. 1st. I think that algorithm used to calculate the time is not quite accurate. :)

Don't loose hope and look at the bright side - the time has not stopped and everyday you get closer to being with someone you love! :thumbs:

Good luck!

05/30/2007 -- I-129F Package Sent

06/01/2007 -- NOA1 issued

10/11/2007 -- Approved!!! NOA2 Received!

10/17/2007 -- I-129F at NVC

10/22/2007 -- Package left NVC for Georgia U.S. Embassy

11/05/2007 -- Package received; call from U.S. Embassy

12/04/2007 -- Interview scheduled

12/06/2007 -- Visa issued

12/07/2007 -- U.S. Arrival!!!!

2/14/2008 -- Wedding!!!! Yay!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hi cuteprince! We are at 76, so next to you.

And no, no June filers approved, though it is high time for them to start working on our petitions :yes:

K-1 Visa journey:

January '04: met in the USA

21st June '07: sent the I-129

06th November '07 - APPROVED, FINALLY !!!

19th December '07:Medical

20th December '07: Interview Date

21st December '07: VISA IN HAND

18th January '08: Leaving to US !

12th February '08: received SSN

14th March '08: WEDDING DATE

AOS journey:

04th April '08: AOS package sent

11th April '08: Notice date on all 3 NOA's (15 April in the mail)

07th May '08: Biometrics (done)

02nd May '08: Driver's license received

09th May '08: AOS transferred to CSC

15th May '08: AOS is pending at CSC (CRIS email)

18th May '08: AOS touched

04th/09th June '08: EAD Card production ordered (CRIS email) (2 e-mails on different days)

04th June '08: AP approved (CRIS email)

10th June '08: AP in the mail

12th June '08: Approval notice for I765 sent (EAD) (CRIS email)

14th June '08: EAD in the mail

17th June '08: 2nd visit to SS Office - changed my last name on the card

18th/19th June '08: AOS touched

28th June '08: SS card received with a new last name (in the mail)

14th August '08: GC ORDERED (Cris email) !!!

19th August '08: GC and welcoming letter received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

To all the VSC adjudicators,

I am writing this on behalf of all my fellow VSC filers.

Don't you think you have tortured us enough?

You know you are going to approve us so just get on with it.

Sincerely,

Zee

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
What's funny is that we both got our NOA1 on June 1st, however if your timeline shows estimate of Sept. 25th, mine is showing Oct. 1st. I think that algorithm used to calculate the time is not quite accurate. smile.gif

Don't loose hope and look at the bright side - the time has not stopped and everyday you get closer to being with someone you love! good.gif

Hehehe, well that´s a very good point man!! :thumbs: , I thought all who receive our NOA1 on june 1st would have the NOA2 the same day too (though this day is constantly moving), but maybe this algorithm includes in its equation the fiance(e)´s origin ¿?, I mean, as I´ve read here, some origins take longer than other, for example, for a Dominican will be longer than for a Cuban.

But maybe is just that the algorithm see us and our annoyance, and reduces the time for itself.... :devil:

Good luck for all this monday.

Edited by Veilside

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
What's funny is that we both got our NOA1 on June 1st, however if your timeline shows estimate of Sept. 25th, mine is showing Oct. 1st. I think that algorithm used to calculate the time is not quite accurate. smile.gif

Don't loose hope and look at the bright side - the time has not stopped and everyday you get closer to being with someone you love! good.gif

Hehehe, well that´s a very good point man!! :thumbs: , I thought all who receive our NOA1 on june 1st would have the NOA2 the same day too (though this day is constantly moving), but maybe this algorithm includes in its equation the fiance(e)´s origin ¿?, I mean, as I´ve read here, some origins take longer than other, for example, for a Dominican will be longer than for a Cuban.

But maybe is just that the algorithm see us and our annoyance, and reduces the time for itself.... :devil:

I think the adjudication date is based on the date you SENT the petition NOT the noa1 date. If you look at your date sent they differ by about the same time as the estimated adjudication date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Number 18 :whistle: ....

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

The algorithm is not based on NOA1 date, but the date you sent in your petition. If you modify the date you sent your sent date, you will see your estimated NOA2 time changes.

Captain Ewok chose to base this off of the date the petition was sent; because it is more clearly identfied. The other dates, like NOA1, are more obscured, because it could mean any of the following 4 dates:

1. The date USCIS acknowledged receipt of your petition. (I-797C RECEIVED DATE or PRIORITY DATE)

2. The date USCIS printed your I-797C (I-797C NOTICE DATE)

3. The date USCIS updated your online case and CRIS sent you a notification.

4. The date you received the I-797C in the postal mail.

So... in peoples timelines, they have put in one of these 4 dates above as their NOA1 date. I for example, used Date #1.

NOA2 date is froth with just as much variance... It could be:

1. The date USCIS approved your petiton and commenced pettion validity (start date in validity range printed on NOA2)

2. The date USCIS printed your prior receipt notice (I-797 RECEIPT DATE) (note, RECEIPT is different then RECEIVED)

3. The date USCIS printed this I-797 receipt notice (I-797 NOTICE DATE)

4. The date USCIS updated your online case and CRIS sent you a notification.

5. The date you received the I-797 in the postal mail.

Again, I used Date #1 for timeline.

As you can imagine, between all of the date variations, there are a couple of days here and there. In some cases, there are a lot of days - for exmaple, if you didn't receive your orginal NOA1, and you request a copy of your NOA1 after the NOA2 was issued; unless you use Date #1, the other dates will show your NOA1 date to be after your NOA2 date.

In the long run, assuming that the backlogs dissapear, these couple of days here and there are meaningless.

Edited by bszoom42

I think the adjudication date is based on the date you SENT the petition NOT the noa1 date. If you look at your date sent they differ by about the same time as the estimated adjudication date.

I think she's right. There is a lot of discussion regarding this here.

PS: Welcome back. Will those promised late May approvals start now? :whistle:

I am only kidding. We all have our theories and VSC is making us all look bad. :(

Are you back from Egypt? I hope things went well.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sincerely,

Zee

:lol::lol::lol:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i think all ppl on this journey have their own struggles and it can be so painful to be separated...be thankful though that you dont get stuck in adminstrative processing like my case will be once my SO has the interview, which can mean another 6-9 months before his VISA is issued.....and I just try to focus on the end result - which make all the waiting so worth it...

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sincerely,

Zee

You tell em Zee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.