bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know, when i was re-numbering the list i couldnt believe how many slots some people moved up...i can definitely say that moving up 30-50 slots is out of control...i NEVER moved up that much...i started in the 90s and got my NOA2 while i was in the 40s....and THAT took almost 5 months!!!!!!! out of control!!!!!!

the vsc is looking great, im elated because of all the progress that has been made during the fine month of november

i hope my case eventually makes it to albania, right now its sitting tight in naples =(

until they make the switch, i will keep making the lists because i have nothing better to do than sit and wait some more!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
i know, when i was re-numbering the list i couldnt believe how many slots some people moved up...i can definitely say that moving up 30-50 slots is out of control...i NEVER moved up that much...i started in the 90s and got my NOA2 while i was in the 40s....and THAT took almost 5 months!!!!!!! out of control!!!!!!

the vsc is looking great, im elated because of all the progress that has been made during the fine month of november

i hope my case eventually makes it to albania, right now its sitting tight in naples =(

until they make the switch, i will keep making the lists because i have nothing better to do than sit and wait some more!!!!!!!

To be frank-this just blows....

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Can someone please clarify something for me. I was under the impression that the service centers used the date they recieved the petitions in the mail as the date they go by when processing the applications. Is this not right? The reason I asked is because when I was looking at the "edit timeline" feature it says to put the date that they sent your NOA1 out as the date to put in your timeline. So if someone could please explain this to me I would appreciate it.

Also to the people that make the lists you might want to change my information on them since I was inputting the wrong info.

Thanks

Guy

Edited by Guy&Val

Our Timeline:

Dec 1 05 - Met in London

Guy was on vacation Val was living there.

Mar 06 - Guy went back to London

Mar 06 - Val came to stay with me in Greece where I was living.

May 06 - Val went back to London

July 06 - Val came back to Greece and stayed until Oct 06

Oct 06 - Val went back to Brazil

May 07 - Val tried for tourist visa to U.S. DENIED!!!

May 07 - We decided to get married. Hired Lawyer

July 20 07 - Lawyer sent I-129F to VSC

Aug 9 07 - First of probably a few trips to Brazil for Guy

Aug 14 07 - NOA 1 Date

Aug 23 07 - We get officially engaged!!!!!

Sep 03 07 - Guy went back to USA

Dec 03 07 - NOA 2 Issued

Jan 22 08 - Embassy Interview

Jan 29 08 - Arrived POE Atlanta

Feb 09 08 - Wedding Day in New Orleans

545.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I am thinking I should of waited and filed in July.........First come first serve is a lie..........It blows...It sucks and is F*&*ed up...........the pain killers are making me say everything...sorry

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone, we are number 25 on the list and have been approved on the 29th, I am updating my timeline. I was so excited that I am not sure now that I can post this message. Thank you Lora(we are thinking about you and wish you all the best and a speedy recovery), amrsnowangel, byron, julezabel, Bill Y Bella, babybluesusie, mirla, musicgirl and pedsgirl(please forgive me if I have forgotten someone). I wish you a life full of happiness together with the ones you love. All the best and may your dreams come true.

Timeline

I Just recieved this from the Senators office......the problem is I have recieved the same notice from them since November 1 when they told me the same thing....Now it is 30 days later and I get the same response........OMG....Help Us

This is the response I just received:

A88 376 875---the case is with an adjudicating officer for processing as of 11/28/07 and the petitioner should be hearing from this office in approximately 30 more days.

Debby Burroughs

Caseworker

Office of Senator Jim Webb

Congrats Larisa...........I wish the best to you......

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi Everyone, we are number 25 on the list and have been approved on the 29th, I am updating my timeline. I was so excited that I am not sure now that I can post this message. Thank you Lora(we are thinking about you and wish you all the best and a speedy recovery), amrsnowangel, byron, julezabel, Bill Y Bella, babybluesusie, mirla, musicgirl and pedsgirl(please forgive me if I have forgotten someone). I wish you a life full of happiness together with the ones you love. All the best and may your dreams come true.

:dancing: Big congrats lari! So pleased for you both! :dancing:

I am thinking I should of waited and filed in July.........First come first serve is a lie..........It blows...It sucks and is F*&*ed up...........the pain killers are making me say everything...sorry

its definitely a very shite position to be in...i can only imagine how you guys feel

now, i cant say for sure what is happening (none of us can), but i think that these july / august approvals are the result of the new adjudicators either being hired, or being newly assigned to k1 visa petitions (when they were previously working on other types of visas)...chances are that the may and june petitions are with an adjudicator and have been for some time now...when all the new staff began working on k1's in the beginning of november, it is highly likely that when they went to grab their first crate, that the may and june petitions were already spoken for (ie: assigned to an adjudicator and sitting on his / her desk), so the new adjudicators took the next available crates, which would be july and august

it makes sense then, to see little progress for the may and june filers, because no new adjudicators have been assigned to those crates, because they were already spoken for...thus, the rate for may and june filers is the same as it has been - trickling - while july filers have seen a massive boom due to the number of new adjudicators picking up their crates

i dont know if that makes sense to anyone but myself, but thats my theory...no data to back it up, simply speculation...im also not saying its fair, because it definitely is not fair that some people have been waiting close to or over 6 months for their NOA2...its inexcusable, and i truly truly trulyyyyyyyyyy hope that none of you have to wait much longer

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Can someone please clarify something for me. I was under the impression that the service centers used the date they recieved the petitions in the mail as the date they go by when processing the applications. Is this not right? The reason I asked is because when I was looking at the "edit timeline" feature it says to put the date that they sent your NOA1 out as the date to put in your timeline. So if someone could please explain this to me I would appreciate it.

Also to the people that make the lists you might want to change my information on them since I was inputting the wrong info.

Thanks

Guy

Welcome to the world of things that do not make sense.

USCIS claims they process petitions in the order that they are received and uses the receipt date for this purpose. They also use the receipt date to calculate if a petition has gone beyond the 6 month service level commitment.

VJ instructs members to enter the notice date from the hard copy of the NOA1 as the NOA1 date on timelines. However, they use the sent date when applying the algorithm that calculates the projected adjudication date (PAD). They feel strongly that the sent date is the best date to use for this purpose because it is the closest to the received date.

Despite this, VJ refuses to change the timeline so that people are entering the received date for their NOA1 date. It makes no sense to me. The notice date can be delayed for months and some people receive multiple notice dates. I went round and round with Captain Ewok without any luck. He feels that historically the notice date and the received date was almost always the same and is confident that will eventually be the case again.

Edited by Bill y Bella

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Congratulations June Filer! :)

Don't forget to update your timeline! (Click "My Assistant" at the top of this page.)

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline

so I was back on the phone with Debby and I told her about the problem with the same response 2 times 30 days apart.....She is going to call them and check it out........Here is her response to my request

Lora

I’ve asked them to explain the discrepancy in responses. I’ll let you know when I get an answer.

Take care!

Debby Burroughs

Caseworker

I am hoping they will just get sick of me so they will just finish all the May/June petitions......I also have the same thing going on at Senator Warner's office......I am bored here listening to the beeps of my heart.......Is is 5 pm yet......

Congratulations to Pim & Wyatt. Sent July 19. NOA1 July 24. Approved today.

My Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I Just recieved this from the Senators office......the problem is I have recieved the same notice from them since November 1 when they told me the same thing....Now it is 30 days later and I get the same response........OMG....Help Us

A88 376 875---the case is with an adjudicating officer for processing as of 11/28/07 and the petitioner should be hearing from this office in approximately 30 more days.

Debby Burroughs

Caseworker

I got the same response from my senator as well. Except they said don't call back until the New Year. :crying::ranting:

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Debby Burroughs

Caseworker

I got the same response from my senator as well. Except they said don't call back until the New Year. :crying::ranting:

WHY?? THATS way after the 6 month processing? Who are we to turn to? Who IS going to help? Who is going to stand up and make demands for us? What? We are to just WAIT and put our lives on hold? Not me...I will do some searching as to what can be done....time for floods of more letters?? Maybe more press articles?? Come on...this is soooooo not acceptable...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.