bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I am so ready to get in my car and drive to Vermont and see what the dealio is.

Don't do it. They'll upset you and you'll end up getting in trouble for telling them how wonderful they are.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Dear Lord hear my prayer.

We are being very patient and I know I got my NOA2 ages ago but Lord, my mind will not rest until my peeps in the black hole of VSC have climbed out from under the dust that covers their petitions.

Dear Lord, some divine intervention would be very much appreciated for all the folks at VSC. Special shout out to: Mel and Syl, Mirla, Steph, Bill, Faith, Julez, Zainab.

What what!!!

Ameen.

Amen....

Not just for us Dear God, but for the workers working our petitions, that you may guide them in thier work. Help them sense the urgency, to feel our pain our desire to be united with loved ones. Give them the wisdom to adjudicate timely and with justice and fairness.

Amen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Since starting this process ....there was a bond that was formed with filers at around my time and probably filers who filed a couple months after!!!

I will not be happy till this group gets their NOA2'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Timeline

Don't do it. They'll upset you and you'll end up getting in trouble for telling them how wonderful they are.

I'LL GO WITH YOU!!! COUNT ME IN...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Timeline
Since starting this process ....there was a bond that was formed with filers at around my time and probably filers who filed a couple months after!!!

I will not be happy till this group gets their NOA2'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(pssssssssst Byron..come here...closer......shhhhh) Make a list...count it twice....make sure you know whose naughty or nice... then copy and paste...hehe..you cant forget that way...and bye bye guilt..

Timeline

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

:lol::lol::lol:

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

That is so true. :D Not a good thing for me to do, although I would love to be one of those patient, relaxed people that could manage that right now.

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

Amrssnowangel, and all of you from June, I think you have a right to be upset. Being a July filer, I honestly am thrilled that they are working July, but I can only imagine what I'll feel like if I start to see August being done and I'm still sitting here. Just a couple people with dates after me have been approved and it makes me feel like, HEY! what about mine? Did you forget mine? So it's okay... we are all happy that Vermont is working and happy to see people get approved... but yeah, it would be nice if they went in order like they said they do. Then we wouldn't have to worry about getting passed up. It just causes more stress! :blink:

I dont mind someone 2 weeks past mine...but we are now talking a full MONTH difference..I dont care WHERE my file WAS...it was THEIR job to keep track, organize it and manage the amount of work flow. They were ill prepared, mismanaged.

Im TRILLED that those that are approved ARE approved...I really am..but yeah...I do think...umm...what about mine??? Hellooo?? Anyone working on it today?? LOL..

STATISTICS I PULLED:

OF JUNE FILERS 64% OF THOSE FILED HAVE BEEN APPROVED

OF JULY FILERS 37% HAVE BEEN APPROVED WHICH IM HAPPY FOR.....

THAT MEANS THAT 36% ARE STILL WAITING ON WORD OF THEIR PETITIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER....Does anyone else find it odd that 36% of June filers are still waiting for word on their petitions while VSC is currently starting to work the last half of July?? Am I off base? To wonder why July filers were being approved BEFORE my JUNE file ever was assigned???? Does this information back up the USCIS's commitment of processing first come first served? Am I alone in feeling this is very very unfair..and that the mismanagement of this system has caused tons of heartaches?

Im contacting my senators office today to get answers......

Well, as a fellow June filer, I agree :P

I was thinking about writing my congressmen today or tomorrow. I just have a feeling we've been lost on some vacationer's desk or something. Who knows.

I created a spreadsheet I intend to use..showing the noa1 dates and noa2 dates of all those filers from june/july and ALL those approved that filed aug/sept/oct as well. To SHOW them that Im not making up numbers. That REAL people are WAITING. I want them to SEE that if MY file just hit a desk on Nov 21, HOW did others a MONTH after my noa1 get out onto the floor to be worked???? Im happy to email you a copy if you'd like it.

Here is my theory of what is going on:

Since we have no idea how they process petitions, other than the fact that they put them in boxes and on a shelf somewhere, it is possible that they dont date code label those boxes. They are probably labeled something like "june 129F petitions". There would be 10-15 boxes labeled that way, and when an adjudicator goes over to the shelf, he/she has no idea if they are getting petitions from late June or early June. They are just grabbing a June box off of the shelf because they dont see any April or May boxes. All the June boxes might be on adjudicators desks so some adjudicators, after completing their June box go to the shelf and the only thing left is July, so they are starting to work that.

We also know that, with the large influx of petitions that they had, some were being stored in semi trailers in the parking lot. Chances are that adjudicators are not going to the semi trailers to pull files. There is probably some contractor who is responsible for going to the trailer, finding all the May, June, July boxes and bringing them into the building. My guess is that the contractor missed a box or two of May and June petitions and that is why VSC "found" a box of petitions. It was buried in a place it wasnt supposed to be or it was just flat missed.

Plus the fact that we know there are a lot of vacations going on right now, and if the adjudicator has already ordered name checks on a particular case, they probably cant scan it back into the system, put it back into the box and onto the shelf for the other adjudicators to work on. From what I read in Huskerkievs accounts of the process, I believe that to be true. So, you end up with some petitions on someones desk who is not there, and probably only management has the authority to go over there and complete that case. And we all know how hard it is to get GOVERNMENT MANAGEMENT to do anything remotely resembling work.

We have to remember that in normal time, it would be two days of work for a person to adjudicate 1 box of petitions, however, in government time it is probably closer to two weeks.

I just noticed your timeline...you JUST filed in SEPTEMBER....Wait .... just see how you feel about this process and coming up with excuses for their poor management. I agree...with alot of what you say...but I find it NOT to be a good excuse. This isn't a credit card payment...its PEOPLES LIVES....

Whoa! Easy now! I am simply presenting a theory. I personally think this whole system is F'd up, and I know you have to be stressed now, and I am too. Until they get you guys cleared out, I have to continue to wait. I have already been calling customer service, writing officials, participating in the chocolate drop, all that stuff. i am pissed too. Just take a breath and calm down a little. My post is not an inditement of you or what you are going thru.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Timeline
VJ WILL COME TO YOUR TOWN
(to the tune of: SANTA CLAUSE IS COMING TO TOWN)

We're making a list
We're counting it twice,
Gonna find out whose naughty or nice,
Come on VSC, and get down.
We want our approvals,
We want them right now,
Cant take the waiting
Im telling you why,
VJ members paid to apply.
We know that you've been sleeping,
WE know your not awake,
WE know that you've been bad not good,
Get to work for goodness sake.
Oh, you better watch out,
You better well try
You better work hard
Im telling you why
VJ will come to your town.

Amrssnowangel, and all of you from June, I think you have a right to be upset. Being a July filer, I honestly am thrilled that they are working July, but I can only imagine what I'll feel like if I start to see August being done and I'm still sitting here. Just a couple people with dates after me have been approved and it makes me feel like, HEY! what about mine? Did you forget mine? So it's okay... we are all happy that Vermont is working and happy to see people get approved... but yeah, it would be nice if they went in order like they said they do. Then we wouldn't have to worry about getting passed up. It just causes more stress! :blink:

I dont mind someone 2 weeks past mine...but we are now talking a full MONTH difference..I dont care WHERE my file WAS...it was THEIR job to keep track, organize it and manage the amount of work flow. They were ill prepared, mismanaged.

Im TRILLED that those that are approved ARE approved...I really am..but yeah...I do think...umm...what about mine??? Hellooo?? Anyone working on it today?? LOL..

STATISTICS I PULLED:

OF JUNE FILERS 64% OF THOSE FILED HAVE BEEN APPROVED
OF JULY FILERS 37% HAVE BEEN APPROVED WHICH IM HAPPY FOR.....

THAT MEANS THAT 36% ARE STILL WAITING ON WORD OF THEIR PETITIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER....Does anyone else find it odd that 36% of June filers are still waiting for word on their petitions while VSC is currently starting to work the last half of July?? Am I off base? To wonder why July filers were being approved BEFORE my JUNE file ever was assigned???? Does this information back up the USCIS's commitment of processing first come first served? Am I alone in feeling this is very very unfair..and that the mismanagement of this system has caused tons of heartaches?

Im contacting my senators office today to get answers......

Well, as a fellow June filer, I agree :P

I was thinking about writing my congressmen today or tomorrow. I just have a feeling we've been lost on some vacationer's desk or something. Who knows.

I created a spreadsheet I intend to use..showing the noa1 dates and noa2 dates of all those filers from june/july and ALL those approved that filed aug/sept/oct as well. To SHOW them that Im not making up numbers. That REAL people are WAITING. I want them to SEE that if MY file just hit a desk on Nov 21, HOW did others a MONTH after my noa1 get out onto the floor to be worked???? Im happy to email you a copy if you'd like it.

Here is my theory of what is going on:

Since we have no idea how they process petitions, other than the fact that they put them in boxes and on a shelf somewhere, it is possible that they dont date code label those boxes. They are probably labeled something like "june 129F petitions". There would be 10-15 boxes labeled that way, and when an adjudicator goes over to the shelf, he/she has no idea if they are getting petitions from late June or early June. They are just grabbing a June box off of the shelf because they dont see any April or May boxes. All the June boxes might be on adjudicators desks so some adjudicators, after completing their June box go to the shelf and the only thing left is July, so they are starting to work that.

We also know that, with the large influx of petitions that they had, some were being stored in semi trailers in the parking lot. Chances are that adjudicators are not going to the semi trailers to pull files. There is probably some contractor who is responsible for going to the trailer, finding all the May, June, July boxes and bringing them into the building. My guess is that the contractor missed a box or two of May and June petitions and that is why VSC "found" a box of petitions. It was buried in a place it wasnt supposed to be or it was just flat missed.

Plus the fact that we know there are a lot of vacations going on right now, and if the adjudicator has already ordered name checks on a particular case, they probably cant scan it back into the system, put it back into the box and onto the shelf for the other adjudicators to work on. From what I read in Huskerkievs accounts of the process, I believe that to be true. So, you end up with some petitions on someones desk who is not there, and probably only management has the authority to go over there and complete that case. And we all know how hard it is to get GOVERNMENT MANAGEMENT to do anything remotely resembling work.

We have to remember that in normal time, it would be two days of work for a person to adjudicate 1 box of petitions, however, in government time it is probably closer to two weeks.

I just noticed your timeline...you JUST filed in SEPTEMBER....Wait .... just see how you feel about this process and coming up with excuses for their poor management. I agree...with alot of what you say...but I find it NOT to be a good excuse. This isn't a credit card payment...its PEOPLES LIVES....

Whoa! Easy now! I am simply presenting a theory. I personally think this whole system is F'd up, and I know you have to be stressed now, and I am too. Until they get you guys cleared out, I have to continue to wait. I have already been calling customer service, writing officials, participating in the chocolate drop, all that stuff. i am pissed too. Just take a breath and calm down a little. My post is not an inditement of you or what you are going thru.

You are right...it was me not you...i do apologize for misinterpreting...it was a melt down moment

Timeline

:blink:

:lol::lol: ...... :no: THIS PROCESS MAKES US DO THINGS LIKE THIS HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Be patient....I am still waiting on ours that was filed May 11....your time will come...

May 5-sent I129f to Texas and they forwarded to CSC

May 11-priority date according to NOA1 on Hard Copy

May 14-received by CSC...notice sent (never received)

May 15-money order cashed

July 19-called about Hard copy..said they would resend

July 23-lawyer calls and is told application is lost and to resend application

July 25-sent a duplicate application to Texas and it is forwarded to VSC

July 27-called again...said they would resend from CSC

July 31/aug.3/aug.6 "touches"

Aug. 16 received the NOA1 from VSC for duplicate application

Aug. 16-called about Hard Copy...said that they would resend (3rd time) from CSC

Aug. 17-"touch"

Aug. 19-FINALLY RECEIVED THE NOA1 HARD COPY for original application from CSC

October-19-CRIS sent message that they were moving our application to VSC?!?!?

(seems USCIS sent our first application to the wrong center)

November-16 origianl is at the VSC

Dec. 3-congressmans office calls VSC...will be processed by July application date

Feb. 6-APPROVED!!!!

Feb. 7 sent to NVC

Feb. 13 sent to MONTREAL...WRONG EMBASSY!!!!!!! SUPPOSED TO BE VANCOUVER!!!!!!!

Feb. 14 arrived in MONTREAL

Feb. 20 talked to NVC center....supervisor will try to "catch" the application call back in 10-15 days

Feb. 29...talked to the State Department (Visa)...they had NVC send cable today to Montreal instructing them to send packet to VanCouver

March 4...K visa application received at VanCouver

March 6 packet 3 ARRIVED

March 10 packet 3 checklist and DS230 faxed back

March 12 medical exam

March 20 packet 4 received

April 8....interview date

Timeline

Be patient....I am still waiting on ours that was filed May 11....your time will come...

:o ....WOW YOU ARE PATIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.