bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I just noticed your timeline...you JUST filed in SEPTEMBER....Wait .... just see how you feel about this process and coming up with excuses for their poor management. I agree...with alot of what you say...but I find it NOT to be a good excuse. This isn't a credit card payment...its PEOPLES LIVES....

I don't think Bobalouie was trying to make excuses for them. He's just trying to find a rational explanation. I agree that USCIS seem to suffer from very poor management, but I think his speculation is at least as sound as anything else we've heard.

Disclaimer: I'm a September filer too. But I don't think that really matters. We're all in the same boat, some of us have just been rowing longer than others. :)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 approvals for the week and 70 for the month and there are no pom poms? No Gooooooooooooooooo VSC's? I can understand why. Even with a ton of approvals one does not feel much like celebrating when one realizes that the system is horribly broken. I know the feeling.

I have said this before and I will say it again. My heart goes out to those from April, May and June who are still waiting. It is unfair and you have every right to be angry.

To those who have received approvals recently rejoice. :dancing: You have escaped the clutches of the VSC monster and you are now on the way to the promised land. Those of us who remain wish you a safe and rapid journey and hope to join you soon. :thumbs:

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

Disclaimer: I'm a September filer too. But I don't think that really matters. We're all in the same boat, some of us have just been rowing longer than others. :)

I agree - No matter what stage your in its difficult. You could be that person who just filed a week ago realizing just how long the wait is going to be... the filer who's days away and can feel it but can't seem to touch it - or be touched for that matter! And from what i can see even those who are "done" and have their NOA2's find it difficult to watch people they've grown close to suffering. And don't forget those people in the middle who can no longer feel like they've jsut started or if they're almost there! IT's an all around hard process no matter what stage of the game your in.

BTW..... Mirla - I can't seem to take your angry or upset posts seriously - i look at that pic and think she can't be upset look at that smile! haha - keep your head up!

December 31, 2006 - I call to wish him a Happy New Year (It was 3 am his time)

May 14, 2007 - Fly to Syria with my family to meet

May 18, 2007 - His entire family comes to my house to ask for my hand - I say YES!

June 15, 2007 - We get engaged in the church and have a reception for our families (it's the only "wedding" his family will see)

June 22, 2007 - I come back to the US

June 24-July 27,2008 - lots of research on VJ and work on gathering the papers needed...

July 31, 2007 - I-129F package received by VSC - YAY!!!! I was sooo excited getting the return receipt in the mail - on my way out to look for bridesmaids dresses :) Now all I need is a case number so I can track online - I'm so anxious!!!

August 13, 2007 - NOA1 - YAY!!!

JANUARY 8, 2008 - APPROVED!!!!

May 14, 2008 - he's finally here

June 22, 2008 - "Wedding Bells"

August 7 - Adjustment of Status and EAD sent

August 11 - Dates of both NOA1 for AOS and EAD

and we wait....

September 4, 2008 - Biometrics appt in Phila for both AOS and EAD

Love is what makes you smile when you're tired....

JASON AND ALL MY VSCER'S! THEY ARE STILL MOVING!!!!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: EACxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On November 28, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service

WHOOO!!!!!!! I was totally planning on a December approval "if we were lucky". But no, 4 months to the day of the first touch after they got the petition...AMY AND I ARE APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by thejoz

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

I just noticed your timeline...you JUST filed in SEPTEMBER....Wait .... just see how you feel about this process and coming up with excuses for their poor management. I agree...with alot of what you say...but I find it NOT to be a good excuse. This isn't a credit card payment...its PEOPLES LIVES....

I don't think Bobalouie was trying to make excuses for them. He's just trying to find a rational explanation. I agree that USCIS seem to suffer from very poor management, but I think his speculation is at least as sound as anything else we've heard.

I agree with both Mox and Bobalouie.

I used to own and operate a wholesale distribution system and I have seen first hand how material management systems that were working perfectly collapse into chaos when the volume of material flowing through the system increases dramatically. Once that happens it is very difficult to regain control.

VSC shows the symptons of a material management system that has been overwhelmed. I am farily confident that during the pre price increase surge the system broke down and crates of petitions were shoved into whatever open space could be found. Now they are digging out from the deluge but petitions are not sequenced properly and we are seeing the evidence of that now.

It is a crying shame because innocent people who just want to be with their loved ones are paying the price for USCIS incompetence.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
STATISTICS I PULLED:

OF JUNE FILERS 64% OF THOSE FILED HAVE BEEN APPROVED

OF JULY FILERS 37% HAVE BEEN APPROVED WHICH IM HAPPY FOR.....

THAT MEANS THAT 36% ARE STILL WAITING ON WORD OF THEIR PETITIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER....Does anyone else find it odd that 36% of June filers are still waiting for word on their petitions while VSC is currently starting to work the last half of July?? Am I off base? To wonder why July filers were being approved BEFORE my JUNE file ever was assigned???? Does this information back up the USCIS's commitment of processing first come first served? Am I alone in feeling this is very very unfair..and that the mismanagement of this system has caused tons of heartaches?

Im contacting my senators office today to get answers......

Well, as a fellow June filer, I agree :P

I was thinking about writing my congressmen today or tomorrow. I just have a feeling we've been lost on some vacationer's desk or something. Who knows.

I created a spreadsheet I intend to use..showing the noa1 dates and noa2 dates of all those filers from june/july and ALL those approved that filed aug/sept/oct as well. To SHOW them that Im not making up numbers. That REAL people are WAITING. I want them to SEE that if MY file just hit a desk on Nov 21, HOW did others a MONTH after my noa1 get out onto the floor to be worked???? Im happy to email you a copy if you'd like it.

Here is my theory of what is going on:

Since we have no idea how they process petitions, other than the fact that they put them in boxes and on a shelf somewhere, it is possible that they dont date code label those boxes. They are probably labeled something like "june 129F petitions". There would be 10-15 boxes labeled that way, and when an adjudicator goes over to the shelf, he/she has no idea if they are getting petitions from late June or early June. They are just grabbing a June box off of the shelf because they dont see any April or May boxes. All the June boxes might be on adjudicators desks so some adjudicators, after completing their June box go to the shelf and the only thing left is July, so they are starting to work that.

We also know that, with the large influx of petitions that they had, some were being stored in semi trailers in the parking lot. Chances are that adjudicators are not going to the semi trailers to pull files. There is probably some contractor who is responsible for going to the trailer, finding all the May, June, July boxes and bringing them into the building. My guess is that the contractor missed a box or two of May and June petitions and that is why VSC "found" a box of petitions. It was buried in a place it wasnt supposed to be or it was just flat missed.

Plus the fact that we know there are a lot of vacations going on right now, and if the adjudicator has already ordered name checks on a particular case, they probably cant scan it back into the system, put it back into the box and onto the shelf for the other adjudicators to work on. From what I read in Huskerkievs accounts of the process, I believe that to be true. So, you end up with some petitions on someones desk who is not there, and probably only management has the authority to go over there and complete that case. And we all know how hard it is to get GOVERNMENT MANAGEMENT to do anything remotely resembling work.

We have to remember that in normal time, it would be two days of work for a person to adjudicate 1 box of petitions, however, in government time it is probably closer to two weeks.

Ok, the thought of my petition lost in some trailor is freaking me out. :help:

I agree with both Mox and Bobalouie.

I used to own and operate a wholesale distribution system and I have seen first hand how material management systems that were working perfectly collapse into chaos when the volume of material flowing through the system increases dramatically. Once that happens it is very difficult to regain control.

VSC shows the symptons of a material management system that has been overwhelmed. I am farily confident that during the pre price increase surge the system broke down and crates of petitions were shoved into whatever open space could be found. Now they are digging out from the deluge but petitions are not sequenced properly and we are seeing the evidence of that now.

It is a crying shame because innocent people who just want to be with their loved ones are paying the price for USCIS incompetence.

I think it is unlikely that this system was EVER working perfectly. Ask people that went through this process before the "surge".

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

On November 28, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service

WHOOO!!!!!!! I was totally planning on a December approval "if we were lucky". But no, 4 months to the day of the first touch after they got the petition...AMY AND I ARE APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbs: CONGRATS!!!!! And.... :time: ASAP! :yes:

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

:thumbs: CONGRATS!!!!! And.... :time: ASAP! :yes:

Can someone please send me Ombudsman email address?

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As much as I hate to say this....VSC is slow and not very organized. I think they were the hardest part of this entire process for us. Not very timely. Time cost on their errors. Not consistent with their updates or there verbal information via the telephone. The positive thing is that once you are out of VSC....sailing should be smoothe and swift.

Happy Holidays!

April 24th 2007 NOA1

July 11th 2007 touched

August 10th 2007 RFE (paperwork they already had)

August 13thFED EX RFE INFO

August 14 VSC Received

August 21st touched

August 22nd touched

August 23rd touched (cleared security checks)

August 24th touched

September 14th 2007 NOA2

September 20th 2007 Hard Copy of NOA2

September 20th 2007 Letter drawn up from NVC

with new case number. Within a week

Visa petition will be sent to London.

September 29th 2007 letter received from London Embassy

*they have it :D* Need to schedule Medical.

October 12th 2007 Medical complete and done....passed :D

November 5th 2007 Checklist sent to London Embassy

November 12th 2007 Checklist received by London Embassy

December 5th 2007 Interview Date London Embassy *Dances around room*

DECEMBER 5TH K1 APPROVED *Jumps up and down on bed*

*LONDON WAS EASY*

December 17th Fiance' arrived in the U.S. *MERRY CHRISTMAS*

December 19th Social Security applied for

Live first and foremost, don't judge others as they will eventually judge you!! Be the most for your heart and not your head. Above all remember every person you meet is a person!

I think it is unlikely that this system was EVER working perfectly. Ask people that went through this process before the "surge".

I agree. I do not think I said and I did not mean to imply that VSC was ever working perfectly. That statement referred to non VSC systems I have observed that were working perfectly but collapsed under the strain on a large increase in the flow of materials.

However, I also think it is safe to say that VSC used to work a heck of a lot better than it does now.

My Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
JOZ CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Can someone please send me Ombudsman email address?

Here is a link to the Ombudsman's web page with instructions.

My Timeline:

Congratulations! It looks like that all nighter paid off. :)

My Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Congratulations! It looks like that all nighter paid off. :)

Heh, I really didn't stay up all night. But I got up and had the CRIS email in my box at 6:30 am!

Whoo!

Also, VSCers, I got a letter from my other senator back home (I am in Texas as of this writing) so when I get home I will continue to follow up with them even though my own case has been approved.

Just letting you all know that I fight for what I believe in even if I have no personal stake in it anymore (well, sorta).

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.